Google Vs. The English

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
and they honestly thought English people would be offended by this? Nobody does self deprivation half as well as English people. 'Alright ****' is a completely accepted form of greeting for many of my friends.

iRevanchist

Jun 11, 2011
RhombusHatesYou said:
Australians have used that as the standard definition for the English for over a century. :D
lol, americans as well. the brits aren't too popular here,

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
As an Englishman I can say I found it pretty amusing, so did all my friends. The only one who didn't was an American friend who was shocked that we laughed at it.

We like self deprecation and the word **** doesn't mean much over here, we don't really have taboo words...

Not sure if they were trying to be offensive but they'll have to try a LOT harder than that, I use **** all the time amongst friends.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
TrilbyWill said:
BrotherRool said:
I'm glad I'm Welsh :D
as a scotsman i feel i must say... no you arent. you're welsh. (i actually dont mind the welsh. i have a black welsh friend.)

Now you're Scottish, it's pretty cool I appreciate that. You're not afraid to solve a problem(like someone else' nose) with your head. You're ax crazy, constantly drunk, cursed with ginger, unable to distinguish between gender appropriate clothing. Your gift to the world is making takeaway food more unhealthy and America was so impressed with that, and the your insistence on having a choking fit before saying someones name, that they dedicated a whole fast food chain to you. You think Barbie's boyfriend is the source of all wisdom and pioneered the idea that people are only worth trusting with bridges and engines and warp drives if they're pissed. You decided to live in the most uninhabitable part of Britain you could find because Scots can't get along with Scots never mind other people and when designing your flag you looked at the English flag and decided make on exactly the opposite of it. You chose a weed as your national flower and ritual torture as your national form of music.

I can appreciate all that. It's pretty impressive in a groundskeeper Willie sort of way.

But despite all that you're can't even comprehend the awesomeness of the Welsh, as your ill-thought remarks makes clear. I'm not angry, in a way I'm sorry for you, it's not your fault that you weren't born cwl enough to understand the brilliance of the Welsh. I even blame myself, quite clearly the sheer radiance of even the text I type, hundreds of miles away, filtered by the internet and a computer monitor, scrambles you're non-Welsh name and reduces you to incoherence.

But all the same, you are special in your own tiny tiny insignificant way.

This guy on the other hand
RhombusHatesYou said:
Proud to be a taint?
is clearly English, and we need say no more than that

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
I like how you use a photo of David Mitchell and Robert Webb.
and daaang that is just wrong.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
BrotherRool said:
This guy on the other hand
RhombusHatesYou said:
Proud to be a taint?
is clearly English, and we need say no more than that
Wait.. do you mean 'English' as in a **** or 'English' as in from England?

Calling me a **** is fair enough, most people do, but saying I'm from England is taking it all a step too far.

My honour has been impugned and I demand satisfaction with the Traditional Australian Duel - smacking each other in the face with King Brown Snakes... however, if you're scared of snakes we can use waterpistols filled with irukandji instead.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
I don't understand why women find the word **** any more offensive than a man would find the word 'dick' or 'cock', because **** is simply a vulgar term for the female anatomy (though it is now rarely used in that context)

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
"Define" and "English" probably just brings up a definition of a word in the English language

and **** is probably just really popular

Epic Fail 1977

Dec 14, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
Australians have used that as the standard definition for the English for over a century. :D
Yeah, I've noticed we're not popular "down under". The weird thing about that is that AFAIK Australia is one of the few countries in the world with no particular historical reason to be pissed off at us.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Guy Jackson said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
Yeah, I've noticed we're not popular "down under".
Actually, outside of sporting rivalries, most Aussies don't have a problem with Poms. Actually, that's not entirely true... Most Aussies don't have a problem with most Poms...

The ones we tend to have a problem with are the fucks who are all "convicts this," "empire that," "culture the other" and "you can't get proper chips here." Whinging, complaining, negative fuckrags... and what's worse is they're not all tourists... some of the dipshits have actually migrated here. Of course, with people like that we don't care what country they come from, we just want them to fuck off back there if they hate it here so much.

(Protip - if you ever encounter an Aussie tourist bitching and whinging, tell them they 'sound like a pom at bondi'... that should pull the fucker up short... or possibly start a fist fight. Win-win.)

Other than that, we treat Poms pretty much the same as we treat everyone else.

The weird thing about that is that AFAIK Australia is one of the few countries in the world with no particular historical reason to be pissed off at us.
Actually, Australia has several historical reasons but that's neither here nor there because most Aussies don't give a fuck, only fuckwit ultranationalists... or 4th generation 'Irish' who've just discovered their 'Irish Pride' (who you can ignore or set on fire).

Epic Fail 1977

Dec 14, 2010
RhombusHatesYou said:
Guy Jackson said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
Yeah, I've noticed we're not popular "down under".
Actually, outside of sporting rivalries, most Aussies don't have a problem with Poms. Actually, that's not entirely true... Most Aussies don't have a problem with most Poms...

The ones we tend to have a problem with are the fucks who are all "convicts this," "empire that," "culture the other" and "you can't get proper chips here." Whinging, complaining, negative fuckrags... and what's worse is they're not all tourists... some of the dipshits have actually migrated here. Of course, with people like that we don't care what country they come from, we just want them to fuck off back there if they hate it here so much.

(Protip - if you ever encounter an Aussie tourist bitching and whinging, tell them they 'sound like a pom at bondi'... that should pull the fucker up short... or possibly start a fist fight. Win-win.)

Other than that, we treat Poms pretty much the same as we treat everyone else.

The weird thing about that is that AFAIK Australia is one of the few countries in the world with no particular historical reason to be pissed off at us.
Actually, Australia has several historical reasons but that's neither here nor there because most Aussies don't give a fuck, only fuckwit ultranationalists... or 4th generation 'Irish' who've just discovered their 'Irish Pride' (who you can ignore or set on fire).
Blimey. I'm English and 34 years old and I've yet to hear anyone talk about "the empire". And "convicts"? I can only assume that any English person who says something like that to an Australian is intentionally trying to wind them up.

Also, thanks for the pro tip, it'll come in handy for sure (there's no shortage of Australians in London telling everyone how much they hate being in England and are only here for the money blah blah blah). One thing though... what's a bondi?

mlooshka

Nov 19, 2009
Guy Jackson said:
Blimey. I'm English and 34 years old and I've yet to hear anyone talk about "the empire". And "convicts"? I can only assume that any English person who says something like that to an Australian is intentionally trying to wind them up.
You're clearly drinking in the wrong pubs then o.o I can't count the number of times I've regaled with drunken soliloquies on the subject of empire. Maybe its because I'm an expat. Sometimes its misty-eyed nostalgia and sometimes its simply a history lesson, as if the teller expects me to have left school not understanding that Britain once had quite a bit of land under her sway.

RhombusHatesYou said:
"you can't get proper chips here." Whinging, complaining, negative fuckrags...
Ah... British tourists - making American tourists feel slightly better about their manners the world over.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Guy Jackson said:
Some people just become idiotic fucks when taken out of their own culture... that's my theory, anyway.

It's not about saying it a few times in a bit of mutual pisstaking (although it does lack imagination)... I've encountered fuckheads who've gone on and on and on about it until they were 'politely' asked to shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Also, thanks for the pro tip, it'll come in handy for sure (there's no shortage of Australians in London telling everyone how much they hate being in England and are only here for the money blah blah blah). One thing though... what's a bondi?
Bondi Beach, big tourist beach in Sydney.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
mlooshka said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
Ah... British tourists - making American tourists feel slightly better about their manners the world over.
American tourists used to be worse... until we murdered a bunch of them but eventually they seem to have caught on that Aussies really don't give a fuck about... whatever it is they were telling us is much better in the US.

They also learned to stop talking up how 'tough' where they come from is... see, despite an American saying something like "I grew up on the mean streets of Sacramento', what an Aussie hears is "Please put a dangerous animal in my bed and make me scream like a girl, you'll laugh until you shit."

Oh yeah, and the most important lesson any tourist to Australia can learn is "Don't talk shit if you can't take it in return." That almost as big a crime as skipping out on your round.

Epic Fail 1977

Dec 14, 2010
mlooshka said:
Guy Jackson said:
You're clearly drinking in the wrong pubs then o.o
Or the right pubs! ;)
Actually TBH I don't really do pubs anymore, ever since they banned smoking...

mlooshka said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
These days I find American tourists to be quite pleasant. Maybe they're more self-conscious now than they used to be? British tourists are still twats though. We'll never learn.

mlooshka

Nov 19, 2009
Guy Jackson said:
mlooshka said:
You're clearly drinking in the wrong pubs then o.o
Or the right pubs! ;)

Ok, fair play... Occasionally I learn something interesting - but mostly its just "Hey, remember when we ruled you? Good times, good times..." Then they wander off and forget that we've had any conversation at all ;)