Gorillaz is Over

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I couldn't really get into them to be honest. I mean, I liked "Feel good inc" and "El manana", but that was about it. My dad liked them though. Anyway, I think Damon Albarn once said that Gorillaz was only going to do three albums, but I could be wrong about that.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So there won't be a animated farewell or is 2D, Murdock, Noodle and Russel are forever stuck in animated limbo?
Either way I didn't stay in touch with the group (I know they got the ablum Plastic Beach but I haven't listen to the whole ablum yet). Either way I'm sad about it.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Thank goodness, the moment they started becoming a brand to put on Converse shoes and the like, the moment they became what they were created to parody - celebrity icons. Now they can no longer drag that into the ground, or worsen further in album quality.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Well, fuck this sucks a bit. At least they're not ending on a sour note...

Well plastic beach wasn't really that good IMO.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Xartyve2 said:
All these people calling it a band when it was Albarn's solo project. It's like calling Jay-Z a band. This is the nittiest I've ever picked I'll admit, but what's up with that?
Murdoc, Noodle, 2D and Russel would like a word with you ;).

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Xartyve2 said:
Nouw said:
Murdoc, Noodle, 2D and Russel would like a word with you ;).
Sure thing. Right after I'm done with Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy over here.
But the difference is that they're called a virtual band :p. Don't tell them though!

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
No more Noodle and 2D. ... I'll miss them.

... I hope at the very least they inspire someone else in the industry to do something similar. It was a fantastic concept that they did well more times than not.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Man, that blows. Sad to see a really talented band like the Gorillaz disband, I loved the Demon Days album. :l

tobimaro

Nov 23, 2010
It's too bad that the Gorillaz are no more. Now if only Nickleback would go away as well...

just kidding...

strangemoose

Aug 29, 2009
this is extremely saddening to me for the sole reason that gorillaz is the band that got me into music, before them no music interested me and since their first album "19-2000" i have attended 3 of their concerts and purchased everyone of their albums and listened to them hundreds of times. Although i am glad that they ended on a high note rather then them releasing several shitty albums and dieing a slow painful sad death.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Aww that sucks. I liked this band and their animated counterparts. Well, at least we still have the songs they made.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Metalhandkerchief said:
This is the best news I heard all day. I don't mean to rub it in for those who are sad about it, but I can not forgo the need to say how much I just really despise their face. They are like the musical equivalent of drying paint with razorblades in it.

Come to think of it, there are only 6 musicians/artists/bands in the world I can ever claim to have hated:

Nightwish
Evanescense
H.I.M.
Korn
Gorillaz
Within Temptation

So now I'm down to 5, which is awesome.
If every persons hated band and songs were to go away, the world would be muted. :/

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Metalhandkerchief said:
Wow that's a brilliant idea. In a thread where people are reminiscing and feeling down about the end of a band they love, write a post about how much you hate them and love this news. Couldn't you share your hate somewhere else?

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Didn't they bow out shortly after their last Album? I remember hearing about how the Plastic beach was it.