Gran Turismo 5 Creator Recommends 10GB Install

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
I don't see it as a problem, and in this day and age, it should be expected. Then again, for a game like this, I would also expect fully realistic damage and COCKPIT VIEWS!!!!

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
Khaiseri said:
Wow, are consoles turning themselves into a kind of PC that also needs to install games?
I don't think so. Installing games to a console isn't the way you have to play them, as it is for PC games. Installing a game to the HDD only makes it run better. The game runs faster, the console is quieter, and there is considerably less wear and tear on the console. I played CoD4 on my old 360 so much (before the update + 13GB HDD) that I burned out the disc drive. I got the MW2 console and install all my games on its 250GB HDD. The consoles are simply borrowing something from the PC and applying it for a different purpose.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Not an issue for me, I've got an 80 gb drive that has never been full and only a handful of games in my current collection (I play and sell since I am on a tight budget).

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
That is a pretty big install. I think I have around 100gb's free from my 160gb hdd. I'm probably not going to get gt5 though.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
did people even read the article? the install is optional. granted you will probably be sitting around watching loading screens for 2 minutes if you opt out of it.

and if you do not care or think the game looks like crap why post at all other than to get some trolls in?

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I finally got myself a PS3, and I opted for the 250Gb version. This game is most definitely a must buy, and the install should be fine.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Reminds me of when I bought the Commander Keen complete pack with 5 games in it.

I was pondering how much space it would take up, despite being old it WAS still five games.

20 megabytes.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
DMC4 took around 20 minutes to install what I'm sure was much less than 10GB of data. I wouldn't want to wait an hour or so with GT5 install, not that I'd tolerate constant loading times either.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Corpse XxX said:
Most annoying thing with games are massive loading times.. it totally brakes the flow of the game..
I don't know if that's intentional, but it's a hilarious pun.

Ot: well, hopefully it'll be better than Mgs4. I played that game 3 times, and I had to install each new section every. Bloody. Time.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
CORRODED SIN said:
Khaiseri said:
Wow, are consoles turning themselves into a kind of PC that also needs to install games?
I don't think so. Installing games to a console isn't the way you have to play them, as it is for PC games. Installing a game to the HDD only makes it run better. The game runs faster, the console is quieter, and there is considerably less wear and tear on the console. I played CoD4 on my old 360 so much (before the update + 13GB HDD) that I burned out the disc drive. I got the MW2 console and install all my games on its 250GB HDD. The consoles are simply borrowing something from the PC and applying it for a different purpose.
No that sounds like the same purpose, also installing is good because you can fit more data on the disc as it can be decompressed with an algorithm that has better compression but not fast enought to be done in realtime.

Installing to a HDD is standard on the PC because every PC in the world is going to have a HDD, HDD on consoles is not a standard feature for either the Wii or 360 and HDD have only featured in this generation