Grats, you won the lottery.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
What the paragon in me would do: Be cautious and intelligent. Distribute it between close friends and family, use it to help others, and live life easily.

What the rest of me (read: my only considered option) would do: Be a selfish ****, make sure nobody else sees the rest of the money, build a house on the top of that big waterfall-y place in Canada that was in that one episode of Still Game, and never talk to anyone else for the rest of my life, and write kazoo music.

Duh.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Pay off my student loans, buy a house, and deposit a further 10 million or so to use throughout the rest of my life to live on. Not extravagantly, but comfortably. Enough so that I don't have to work, or I can work as whatever the heck I want and not worry about the bills at all.

Then give some to close family who could sure use some of it (namely my parents and also my sister who's slowly raising funds to open an orphanage).

Donate whatever is left.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I'd probably put some of it into the bank, and either donate or spend the rest. Kinda boring, but that's pretty much it...

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Disappear. Send one letter to parents and disappear for at least a couple of years. Take sailing lessons and rent a sail ship and sail around the world. Invest the money. Charity is an option if I get bored or don't find other use for the money. Contraceptives to countries with high birth rates.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
I would buy and rent out a some houses so I can become a landlord with enough monthly revenue in real estate to live in reasonably decent comfort. I would then keep some money in reserve in a savings account for any needed repairs on the houses I rent out, or for any other expenses I deem too important to ignore.

Well, either that, or I'd buy DC Comics (or at least buy some stock from that company) and see if I can't put a stop to DC's dark and edgy phase and cancel New 52 in favor of the more moderate direction they were going with before they decided getting rid of the Blue Lantern Corps was a good idea.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I'd buy a house, furnishings, an AWD car (damn snow), and a kickass security system (can't be too careful, especially since lottery winnings are public info where I live). Also I'd give a fair sum to my father, a large sum to my mother, keep a decent amount in an account for emergencies, and lock a bunch away in high interest investments.

I'd also upgrade my pc since it's sort of cobbled together right now. I wouldn't quit working though as I'd definitely get bored. Heck, work would probably be more fun since it'd be entirely optional.

Edit: I don't play the lotteries though. I'd rather save my hard earned paychecks than squander them away on some astronomically small chance at wealth.

prpshrt

Jun 18, 2012
invest half of it so the money doesn't lose value over time and go to culinary school. I like food :)

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I'd be selfish and make sure my friends, family and I could live pretty comfortably first.

Then I'd help the local Youth Club get the best shit they need too, considering how many of my years I've spent there.

Besides that, no idea.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
First of all... Store half of it in the bank (possibly several to not put all my eggs in 1 basket?), accumulate interest, so even if I get stupid and spend it all like a lot of lottery winners tend to do, I'll have something to fall back on.

Second of all...Get my own place somewhere near central London, doesn't have to be too big (and indeed if its in central London then that is gonna be hell of expensive), really just its more about the location.

Thirdly.. House party! I'll pay for the plane tickets ;)

Fourthly, spread the love, with 100 million I can afford to put aside a million to spoil friends and family. Actually my parents get a million each, only fair I'd say.

Then will buy a beast of a desktop pc, the very best money can afford and put a bit aside for future upgrades.

Finally, go on a series of university courses without the pressure of having to make a job of whatever degree I choose, I'll probably do multiple degrees.

Should have a bit leftover to last me a good while after that, and if I'm still left with tons of money even after putting half of it in the bank, then I'll donate it to charity cos clearly I'm way too fucking rich.

Nukekitten

Sep 21, 2014
Invest a few million in projects to provide myself a passive income, buy a nice house, set up a few funds for immediate family.

Take the rest and use it for charitable endeavours. Just don't have any use for that sort of money.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I was talking with my friend about what I would do with that kind of money over breakfast.

I said I'd build a large scale chess board in my back yard and hire my friend to have the chess pieces moved around.

and I'd retire my father.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
My life would barely change because of how happy I am with my current poverty-level lifestyle.

That said, I'd do the following because why not...
- Buy my own house. No sense renting a basement anymore even though I like it here.
- Hire a personal chef. This would save me soo much time and ultimately ensure I eat better tasting meals with more variety and healthier.
- Buy a laptop, tablet and cellphone (never had these...might as well live in the present)
- Buy at least 4 of every magic card ever printed
- Make one of the rooms in my new house a D&D room filled with all the awesome needless expensive things you'd want to maximize that experience.
- Retire
- Put the rest of my winnings in something safe with a guaranteed return. With the absurd returns I'd keep the necessary amount for myself to live and give the rest away. All told, I'd probably give away 97 million dollars.

I would NOT donate a cent to charity. I want to give my money away to people who have treated me nice before I was wealthy as well as those who treat me well since. I'd give money to family, friends, co-workers, acquaintances and strangers for them to spend as they please.

My winning a 100 million dollar lottery would likely translate to 97 other people winning 1 million dollar lotteries stretched out over time.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
All of it into the bank. Live of the interest for the rest of my life. £2,500,000 a year? Yeah I could do that.

And then do whatever the hell I want. I have an income of 2.5million a year.

When I get older, possibly start investing in upstarting companies or stuff like that.

And then when I think I'm going to die within a decade, start donating chunks to charity everywhere.

And when I die, aim to leave about £10million to my family I leave behind to do as they please.

Life well spent. Done.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Well first off I'd get rid of my student loans. Then I'd buy a nice house both in my home town and somewhere in Europe. I'd give a million to each of my parents and then put the rest into savings. Most it would probably go on endless travel. I'd keep working though to keep me occupied and just in case I was stupid and blew it all.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Is 100 mil the amount I get after tax or before? If that's before tax then I'd end up with about 50 million. That'd be enough to build my state of the art, ideal home and everything that goes with it, finally file for patents for several ideas I have and use them and the remaining money to start a company. Whatever's left after that, I would give to my parents.

If that's after tax, then I would do all that, plus give substantial amounts to a few close family members and friends, then use the rest to start a non-profit organization aimed at educating the public into political and social issues so that they can maybe, just maybe, shake off their perpetual ignorance and achieve some state of meaningful self-governance.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Completely crash and burn.

Suddenly, friends will come begging for money. I'm willing to give some, but I'm afraid of giving them much (I don't trust people to do well with money). I grow more and more panicked and desperately give out small chunks to various charities, trying to avoid being noticed, jumping at the site of cameras and slowly crashing down into hermit status. Then, with 70M left, I have a stroke and die.

I pray I'll never have that much money.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Gosh, you'll be able to tell I've put way too much thought into this, and I don't even play the lottery.

First thing off the top, I'd give my mom about twenty million so she could retire and finally be able to relax. And make damn sure she's taken care of.

- I'd get my teeth pulled and have the nerves removed and replaced with titanium. The two front canines would be made to be vampire fangs with a small ruby embedded in the center of both.

- I'd get a Nissan GT-R, hit it with the underglow neon, custom headlight design I thought of, and probably some beastly speakers in the trunk. Pearlecent green and purple paint and 24" rims.
I'd also get a Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake, I could never decide on the color though.

- A nice looking, but not large house in the suburbs of New York city, and definitely a maid...you might want to pray for her. The location would also be preferably close to a post office, since I could order cheap PS2 games off Amazon whenever I wanted.

- I'd be able to pay to produce a rap album I've always wanted to do, and afford to get all the guest artists I've always wanted, including Ludacris (there goes 100,000 right there), Chamillionaire, Hopsin, T-Pain, and a bunch of others.

- Ten million to the Humane Society because I really enjoy animals.

I'm prolly up to about 60/65 million, so I'd throw 25 of it into a savings account even I couldn't access until ten years later, and just use the rest for bills and expenses that come along the way.

EDIT: Shit, I forgot. Forget the rap album, I need that money to open a privately owned asylum. I'd hire fantastic psychologists on the grounds that they must do research in the name of bettering mental health treatments.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I would buy a South Pacific resort island and rename it 'Transsexual Transylvania'.

Build a castle, start a commune of promiscuous LGBT folk, and suddenly run out of money. But it would be the best time of my life.

------------

(Edit) no, wait ... I would build 10 chapter houses in various rural towns across the world, and fund a trans* friendly Thelema gnostic religion and practice Thelema magick.

Naturally I would attach said centres of occult activities to satellite campuses of various universities known for producing well sought financial and political entities after their education, and effectively create a real Illuminati through recruitment of students.

I could see myself as a Scarlet Woman running an international cabal of tycoons and politicians.

The world needs a shadow government, anyways.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
I would probably go with really boring choices. Like pay off all outstanding bills, fix up the house, call up my accountant since I'm going to dealing with much higher taxes really soon, set a good amount aside for my kid's future, another good chuck would be sent to family overseas, bigger chucks would go to immediate family, little spending money for myself and the rest into the safest investment I can find so I still get enough cash flow to not have to work.

Oh yeah and I would also set aside a few K so in the future I can say "Yes Paul, I do have 5 PS5s" :p