Greatest nonverbal insult?

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Easy Street said:
That Italian gesture where you flick your fingertips under your chin towards someone. That pisses me off. I think the middle finger is just over used and useless now.
I love that one.

I hear showing someone the soles of your feet is terribly offensive in some cultures.

jesskit

Jan 22, 2011
acting as if the person doesnt exist, not like they do in movies talking to them through other people, but totally ignoring, walking thru them etc like they arent even worth the time of day to acknowledge their existance

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Apparently, the facial expression I toss at people who say something magnificently stupid is exceedingly effective at making them feel lesser. Or so I've heard.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
You know that scene from Godfather 2 where Michael's wife shows up for the first time in ages? At first he just stares at her, making you think he's about to say something, however he just calmly walks forward and closes the door in her face.

That, is badass.

...and kinda horrible, but thats not the point.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
A well timed laugh usually works pretty well. Not only are you saying that what they are saying is stupid and it also makes them angrier.

sergnb

Mar 12, 2011
Stare directly into your enemy's eyes. Maintain eye contact for as long as you can. Make him suffer your concentrated anger. Then squint your eyes a little and move your head horizontally in disaproval.

That right there can demoralize the most douchebag of douchebags

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Spitting in someone's face, ignoring them, or removing your glove and smacking them across the face (this would only work in today's society because of all the effort you put into insulting).
Bara_no_Hime said:
A perfectly timed queef, usually after someone has said something really stupid.

Farts are over-used, and anyway, queefs disturb the hell out of men. **grin**

Edit: Also, you can follow up a queef with a great line like "My vagina disagrees."
Good gods, that's good. I would love to see you pull that on someone.
Okay that sounded a bit creepy...

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
The most insulting physical display one human can give another?

The thousand-yard stare. First, meet the eyes of the one you wish to insult. Then stare through the back of their head. Tune out their voice and think about something else. The biggest insult you can give anyone is to imply that they aren't worth your attention or discourse.

I'm also a big fan of the glare (though that's reserved for people who I consider worth my attention; you can convey a lot of things through a simple glare that meets the target's eyes) and the Italian/sign-language "fuck you" sign (flicking your fingertips from under your chin towards someone else).

BFEL

May 5, 2011
Naming your first child after them, then having said child aborted! *evil grin*

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
I generally walk away and just ignore them, though there was this one time I was walking (yeah, I'm tough) home from the pharmacy when I was sick with a stomach virus, since it was just around the corner and I needed some Pepto. I had just taken some medicine so I was feeling alright, when some guy from high school ran into me and started talking. He was an antagonistic guy, sort of a jerk, and he was acting like he was my best friend. He had also broken my best friend's heart, so I didn't have a high opinion of him. When he was waiting for a response, I just stared at him in silence, and then I wound up throwing up on his shoe. That was the best timing I have ever had.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
Listen to their rant with a straight face, maintaining eye contact the entire time. Then, without words, turn around and calmly walk away, as though to say, "You mean nothing to me".

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
Kicking someone square in the balls will usually do the trick, but somehow I don't think that's classy enough. Hmmm... what would be more "eloquent"?

Ah! Letting out a nice prolonged fart or burp, and being sure to waft the resulting fumes in their general direction. Wonderful way to show someone exactly how little you respect them while simultaneously showing them that you hate them enough to bathe them in your stink.