Gritty Remakes That Should Exist

Cari Scholtens

Jun 3, 2009
So we've all seen it in the past few years with the superhero films and a few others. Franchises like Batman, Spider-Man, and Star Trek are taking the bright colors down a few shades to do gritty "real-world" remakes of their origins and stories. So this is where you can let your imagination run wild. What else should get a gritty remake? What would you pay to go see? What if they remade the original Star Wars trilogy? What if they remade Rocky Horror? What about dark live action Disney flicks? Sound off guys and make it good!

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
They did remake the Star Wars movies as gritty reboots. It was called Legacy of the Force and it was the worst thing since the Star Wars Holiday Special.

gligarman207

Oct 12, 2010
if they made gritty reboots of disney then they would be remaking the original stories. disney movies are all ungritty reboots of the original stories

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
They did remake the Star Wars movies as gritty reboots. It was called Legacy of the Force and it was the best thing since the Star Wars Holiday Special.
There, I fixed it.

Nah, just kidding. Didn't care for anything Star Wars aside A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
DeadlyYellow said:
Soviet Heavy said:
They did remake the Star Wars movies as gritty reboots. It was called Legacy of the Force and it was the best thing since the Star Wars Holiday Special.
There, I fixed it.

Nah, just kidding. Didn't care for anything Star Wars aside A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back.
Do yourself a favor and avoid LOTF then. It is very long and disjointed, derails characters, and a once really cool character called Tahiri turns into a child Molester.

No really, this is star wars.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
They did remake the Star Wars movies as gritty reboots. It was called Legacy of the Force and it was the worst thing since the Star Wars Holiday Special.
Is that a book series or a comic or something? I forget, it's a been a while since I've read Star Wars books.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Ed Edd and Eddy

WHAT?!? Tell me this isnt awesome:
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/41615/1183775-ultimate_ed_edd_n_eddy_colours_by_2wings2zion_super.jpg

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
I want a gritty remake of the disneyfied versions of the grimm fairytales which would essentially turn them back to their original form.

xdom125x

Dec 14, 2010
emeraldrafael said:
Ed Edd and Eddy

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/41615/1183775-ultimate_ed_edd_n_eddy_colours_by_2wings2zion_super.jpg
Your command is impossible to follow.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
dalek sec said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Is that a book series or a comic or something? I forget, it's a been a while since I've read Star Wars books.
Its a book series and it is terrible. If you plan on reading post Endor Star Wars Material, stop reading at The Unifying Force, and pick up again at the Legacy Comic Series.

The Dark Nest Trilogy, Legacy of the Force, and Fate of the Jedi are all garbage.

fnlrpa

Dec 14, 2010
xdom125x said:
emeraldrafael said:
Ed Edd and Eddy

Your command is impossible to follow.
That would be awesome

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
dalek sec said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Its a book series and it is terrible. If you plan on reading post Endor Star Wars Material, stop reading at The Unifying Force, and pick up again at the Legacy Comic Series.

The Dark Nest Trilogy, Legacy of the Force, and Fate of the Jedi are all garbage.
I tried reading the Dark Nest Trilogy but I just said "Frak it" after reading the New Jedi Order series. After the Vong a bunch of crappy bugs mean dick to me in terms of being a threat.

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
MintyNinja said:
The Bible. Whole generation of new converts.
The Bible is already pretty gritty mate.

OT: yes, Pokemon. Win. That fake trailer was kinda cool. I may edit this if I think of more...

Xcelsior

Jun 3, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
Ed Edd and Eddy

That looks pretty badass, I'd love to see it.