GSC Seems to Confirm S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for Xbox 360

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
With GSC's history, enjoy your horrible version of STALKER, console owners.

Whistler777 said:
If it is true that it's coming to the Xbox 360, I can only hope it's a high-quality port.
Baha!

Whistler777

Nov 14, 2008
LtFerret said:
How would that work?

It's a very buggy game and I don't think the Xbox has a quick save button.
And to think, there are people out there who don't get what you just said...

(Seriously, I make about 40-50 saves when playing through each new STALKER mod. It's almost a requirement.)

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
Goddammit, it's about bloody time. The only one of my friends with a powerful enough computer hates the game and doesn't let anyone else play it.

We played it once, it was awesome, I said to him "Isn't this awesome?" and he gave a half-arsed smile and proceeded to turn the machine off.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Have any of those Stalker bugs been addressed? I'm thinking of getting it, but I don't want, y'know... constant crashing.

Chaos Marine

Feb 6, 2008
Bloody Hades, console owners are going to get bent over something sharp and toxic and get raped.

Hedberger

Mar 19, 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Edit: I can see it all before me. Dumbed down UI, console adapted controls, weeklong and unskippable tutorials and tailor-made for multiplayer.
I have never in my life been hoping so desperately that i'm wrong.

CyberAkuma

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2007
Concidering what an immensly buggy game S.T.A.L.K.E.R was when released - I have some severe doubts about this ending in any good way for the consoles.

For people who don't know, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games are known for being released retail in near-BETA stage with immense stability issues and multiple patches releases.
I remember that the developer released 4 game fixing patches in less than one week for Clear Sky.

Not to even mention that Clear Sky was more of a mission pack than a sequel with 40-50% recycled content from the first game.

While I am happy to see that the console owners get to experence one of what I would call amongst the best FPS of all time I for one doubt this is going to be possible with a stable build.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
To be honest, I doubt that I would be replacing the keyboard and mouse for the controller here.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
CyberAkuma said:
Concidering what an immensly buggy game S.T.A.L.K.E.R was when released - I have some severe doubts about this ending in any good way for the consoles.

For people who don't know, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games are known for being released retail in near-BETA stage with immense stability issues and multiple patches releases.
I remember that the developer released 4 game fixing patches in less than one week for Clear Sky.

Not to even mention that Clear Sky was more of a mission pack than a sequel with 40-50% recycled content from the first game.

While I am happy to see that the console owners get to experence one of what I would call amongst the best FPS of all time I for one doubt this is going to be possible with a stable build.
This the First Stalker was great and the Mods made it awesome but the second is a buggy mess and barely even a new game. Nice to know that instead of getting their game to work they managed to find the time to include some DRM though

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
CyberAkuma said:

Bethesda are also renown for releasing extremely buggy games, but they dont even have the deceny to release patches, it is left to the community to do it.

I love stalker with a passion, but fail to see how it can be translated to consoles. First off, the controls require half a keyboards worth of buttons, you have separate buttons for using medkits, bandages, fire modes, underslung grenade launchers, your PDA, your night vision, your flashlight, reload, inventory, crounch, lower crouch, jump, use sights. And thats just some of the controls. You also need quick pinpiont accuracy for the combat.
It may sound complicated, but it really does enrich the stalker experiance.

But hey if it can be done sucessfully this can only be a good thing, giving console owners a REAL shooter, that will punish the player for simply not paying attention to where they are walking then I'm all for it, as long as theirs there no impact on the PC side of development.

Also, Stalker on the wii? I can only start to comprehend how funny that would be.

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was one of the best games I've ever played. Nothing beats the feeling of wandering through the landscape for hours, never finding a border- only some random, strange building where you may or may not find another artifact for your belt.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
For some reason, I have a feeling that they are going to need to dumb it down in graphics to get it on the 360...

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
Never having played S.T.A.L.K.E.R, but having heard all about its insane difficulty curve, i am actually just a smidgen interested in this development. I think consoles need a shooter of unholy difficulty amongst the ranks of the rather bland, poke it and it falls over easy FPS's. maybe the developers will fix the buggyness, maybe not, but either way, i hope they leave the difficulty right where it is.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
TsunamiWombat said:
Have any of those Stalker bugs been addressed? I'm thinking of getting it, but I don't want, y'know... constant crashing.
I actually just wrapped up Clear Sky about a week ago and my experience was almost completely crash-free. The game puked out to the desktop a couple times (over many hours of play) from the game menu, possibly because I mistakenly hammered some weird key combination. Like all things STALKER, even the crashes are difficult to clearly define.

If you haven't played either STALKER game yet, let me strongly urge you to begin with the first, Shadow of Chernobyl. Clear Sky is more of an expansion than a sequel so the technological improvements are minimal, and while I really enjoyed Clear Sky I found SoC to be a bit more engaging. Clear Sky is also insanely difficult and if you start there without first getting your feet wet with SoC, you may find yourself put off the whole thing. Which would be a shame, because it's an amazing game.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Cheeze_Pavilion said:
Malygris said:
It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but I'm having a difficult time imaging it on the 360, or any console, for that matter. It's an intense, ridiculously atmospheric and immersive shooter that often borders on absolute brilliance; it's also famously glitchy, harder than hell and often borders on complete incoherence.
So it's like Gears of War with Russians.
Yeah, except harder, more incoherent, nothing like Gears of War and with Ukrainians, not Russians.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Malygris said:
TsunamiWombat said:
I actually just wrapped up Clear Sky about a week ago and my experience was almost completely crash-free. The game puked out to the desktop a couple times (over many hours of play) from the game menu, possibly because I mistakenly hammered some weird key combination. Like all things STALKER, even the crashes are difficult to clearly define.

If you haven't played either STALKER game yet, let me strongly urge you to begin with the first, Shadow of Chernobyl. Clear Sky is more of an expansion than a sequel so the technological improvements are minimal, and while I really enjoyed Clear Sky I found SoC to be a bit more engaging. Clear Sky is also insanely difficult and if you start there without first getting your feet wet with SoC, you may find yourself put off the whole thing. Which would be a shame, because it's an amazing game.
Yeah, the last patch did wonders for Clear Sky's stability. I went back to it a couple months ago and was shocked by how much it had improved.