GSC Seems to Confirm S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for Xbox 360

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
I played STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl a while back and I really didn't like it. As the OP says, it's incredibly tough and incredibly glitchy, although I didn't find the game immersive at all because I found the gameplay so frustrating.

If this came to consoles I would wish it well, and I'm sure there are people in that market who are dying to try out STALKER but can't play it right now for a variety of reasons.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Mornelithe said:
TsunamiWombat said:
Have any of those Stalker bugs been addressed? I'm thinking of getting it, but I don't want, y'know... constant crashing.
Oh absolutely, they definitely iron out the glitches afterwards...just not with the release. Make no mistake though, Stalker is worth every penny.
Good, I got it on Steam over the holidays as part of a cheapo developer pack. I'll review it eventually.

EDIT: I haven't actually played the game yet, so I don't know whether or not to be thrilled about this news.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Mornelithe said:
scotth266 said:
Mornelithe said:
TsunamiWombat said:
Have any of those Stalker bugs been addressed? I'm thinking of getting it, but I don't want, y'know... constant crashing.
Oh absolutely, they definitely iron out the glitches afterwards...just not with the release. Make no mistake though, Stalker is worth every penny.
Good, I got it on Steam over the holidays as part of a cheapo developer pack. I'll review it eventually.

EDIT: I haven't actually played the game yet, so I don't know whether or not to be thrilled about this news.
If you're into FPS' with a good story, great difficulty, and TONS of weapon and perc (artifacts) options, then yeah you'll have a blast. Not to mention it has like 7 different endings, the first one did anyway.
Ok, just to be clear: we talking Mega Man hard, or Ninja Gaiden hard?

Cause I prefer the former.

WJeff

Aug 14, 2009
Sadly, no console gamers will want to buy this. Console gamers are predictable creatures, they won't appreciate a game like STALKER for an instant. You can tell them all about the beautiful world there is to explore, how immersive it is, but all they do is say "Where are the things I shoot at?" Every one of my XBot friends who have played it, hated it. It simply wasn't Halo enough for them.

I just hope that in future releases of STALKER, they don't sacrifice quality for the sake of keeping it playable by consoles. They should create the full PC version, then cut as much as they need to for the console port.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Wow, i've always been interested in this game for awhile but my PC is crap for gaming so i never bought it. Sweet, i'm definatly getting this then for my Xbox 360.