Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
"A wise man speaks when he has something to say, a fool speaks when he has to say something."

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Guilty Gear Strive for my earlier unanswered quote.

"Take your sweet time old lady, I've got all day!"

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
"I see you finally made up your mind... my dear, fated princess... Freedom for you must stem from betrayal. If you still yearn for it now... then you must not err. Now tell me... Who shall you betray? Yes, that gaze...! I can finally display my true strength. I am thou, thou art I... Let us adorn your departure into freedom with a beautiful betrayal."
Based on the fact that it's the only Persona game where anyone other than the Main Character gets a "thou art I" scene I'd say it's Persona 5. Now which party member it is I don't know, just one of the girls.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Based on the fact that it's the only Persona game where anyone other than the Main Character gets a "thou art I" scene I'd say it's Persona 5. Now which party member it is I don't know, just one of the girls.
I'll just say it. It's the Persona-getting quote for Haru.

Reactions: BrawlMan

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
"My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes.

No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of [this word would make it obvious] brought something other than suffering and ruin.

I... coveted that wind, I suppose."

LegoDnD

Jan 10, 2023
Country
United States of America
"My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes.

No matter when it came, the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of [this word would make it obvious] brought something other than suffering and ruin.

I... coveted that wind, I suppose."
Ganondorf from Wind Waker! I know this because it's for now the only Zelda I've actually completed!

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
"I can't stop looking at it! It's like watching the scene of a horrible car accident...an accident where the victims can't act, and the paramedics forget their lines!"

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
"Would you like to join me for a game of Russian Roulette? C'mon, how about it son? If you win I'll let you in on a little secret... How to hit on women with 100% success."
"I can't stop looking at it! It's like watching the scene of a horrible car accident...an accident where the victims can't act, and the paramedics forget their lines!"
Dang, it sounds familiar, but I have no idea from what.

Reactions: NerfedFalcon

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
"Would you like to join me for a game of Russian Roulette? C'mon, how about it son? If you win I'll let you in on a little secret... How to hit on women with 100% success."
"But if you lose, then I want you to kill the President." Killer 7.

--

"I will not die until I achieve something.
Even though the ideal is high, I never give in.
Therefore, I never die with regrets."

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
My takeaway from this thread is that it is seldom quotes that stick out in video games to the degree that people who've never played them have heard of them.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
"Why is it that when someone says 'with all due respect', they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"