Gunman in my school

AdmiralCheez

Nov 9, 2009
Back in high school, one of the music department heads burnt some pop-tarts in his office (he wasn't supposed to have a toaster in there to begin with). This caused a two-hour evacuation while the fire department swept the entire building.

In their search, they discovered what a mess the band room was (loose paper, pieces of instruments, open bottles of trombone slide oil, assorted articles of clothing, all just lying around). The fire marshal declared it a fire hazard. So all of the bands spent their classes cleaning up the place to get it re-inspected before we could continue playing.

...All because the head of the music department burnt a pop-tart. We never let him live down.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
When I was in 6th grade they locked down the school for an hour because there was a bear 100m out behind the school in the woods. They called the cops and they tranq'd the bear.

Mace Tulio

Feb 5, 2011
A toilet block was burnt down by a member of the local youth gang at one point, other than that, my High School was too far out of town for anyone to bother.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Nothing much happened. You hear some crazy stories though, kinda glad I went to the school i did. I walked around my school with a paintball gun that looked pretty realistic (we were using it for a media project) and we didn't inform anyone (I didn't realise I had to, oh how i wish I was that innocent again). Nothing happened except the next time I went out, they told us to take a sign saying it was a fake.

Fudd

Nov 9, 2010
We had the standard terrorism drills and a few bomb threats. We also had a plan for evacuation via submarine should the country go pear-shaped. Gotta love boarding school.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Back in high school, we had lots of bomb threats that were always a hoax and a way to skip a particular class or exam.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
in 7th grade some kid busted into another kids locker and pissed all over his stuff...none of us could leave to goto the bathrooms...fun times
but yeah that's the most interesting thing that happened

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Something very similar happened to me back in elementary school. It was the first time I'd seen teachers get scared.

annilator666

Apr 14, 2010
back when i was in high school the cops were called cause someone had a knife on them even though most people teachers included carry a knife most of the time

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
The most interesting thing that happened was our school's superintendent got arrested for driving to Mexico to have sex with underage boys in exchange for iPods.

All the parents freaked out. All the kids thought it was hilarious. Because it was.

And then our school got locked down because a Mountain Lion got stuck in a tree in the middle of our campus.

Shit happens when you live in the Desert.

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
There was a rape/murder at my old high school if memory serves.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
My old high school had a couple lockdowns, though nobody got hurt. Would look up the news articles, but far too lazy. The one was just a couple of kids went camping, but nobody knew they went camping and they both had some questionable letters in their possession (emo, whining about everything, saying they didn't need anyone, etc.)

The other was actually similar to your story, OP. Locale fugitive was hiding out close to the school, nobody knew exactly where he was, but he was last sighted near the school, so lockdown. I was stuck in one of the modular classrooms when it happened. I had to pee for 4 hours. Was a little testy afterwards.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Nothing much, really. Just 1 or 2 bomb scares.

Although there was that big ass gang fight in the gym during morning assembly. About 35-40 "bloods" and "crips" just start tearing each other apart out of nowhere. Was like a fucking flash mob.

scienceguy8

Sep 1, 2008
Senior year of high school, 2007. Spanish teacher asks that students bring in junk food for a party of some sort. I can't remember the occasion, and I wasn't in her class that year (3 years of Spanish was enough). One guy in my class brings in some brownies. Shortly afterward, everyone in the class is feeling a little light headed and flu-like. I still can't believe someone was actually stupid enough to bring marijuana-laced brownies to a school party. My mom, the school nurse at the time, had to come in to confirm he was under the influence. As a result, a new district wide policy was enacted: all foodstuffs brought in by students and parents for official school activities must be store bought and arrive in the original package. Needless to say he did not graduate.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
In high school nothing really big happened. We got put on code yellow lock down once because two hunters wandered onto school land without realizing it (the school is right next to a massive forest so I can understand their mistake).

Currently I go to Northern Illinois University, there was a very brutal shooting the year before I came here. My freshman year a guy got shot in one of the residence halls. Sophomore year a girl who lived on campus went missing, her burnt body was found in a forest off campus a few days later. Last wednesday night a guy got shot in the leg along the main road through campus.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
scienceguy8 said:
[...] Shortly afterward, everyone in the class is feeling a little light headed and flu-like.I still can't believe someone was actually stupid enough to bring marijuana-laced brownies to a school party.[...]
Epic win...
Would have been even more fun if the Principal would have eaten some...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
My school had two lockdowns... one when there was a nasty gun murder at the nearby mall (with some of our students there, no less!), and the other was when a "shady figure" refused to leave campus when requested (it turned out to be a classmate's boyfriend).

There was also the time someone tried to make a poisonous gas and flood the school with it so that... wait for it... we could all go home sick. Thankfully, it was a fail gas (you can't do much with a small high school's tiny chem lab) and we all just had to sit and chat in a nearby church for an hour. Smelled like hell, though.