Guy Dumps Girl Over Firefly, Makes Music Video

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Samechiel said:
Wow, there's somebody else in the world that didn't care for Firefly. Obviously, this woman is my soulmate.

She will be mine. Oh yes, she will be mine.
Quite possibly you do care for Wayne's World, if I'm reading that right.

OT: Well, I don't know what to make of this myself, but not feeling bad for Wash is COLD. When good person dies in ANY situation, you're suppose to feel bad.

theguiltyone

Jan 6, 2010
MikeOfThunder said:
Thats so stupid. She likes games for god sake!
Because girls who like games? OMG THAT NEVER HAPPENS EVER. :O

Seriously though. Obviously this guy is a hardcore fan of Firefly. To me, if you're a hardcore fan of ANYTHING (talking about Trekkies, Renfest people, the sort of people who put their heart and soul into their hobby) and your significant other's response is 'ugh, I can't stand that thing you love above all other things'? That's going to be an issue, especially if it's a big part of the things that you like to do, spend money, time, and effort on, etc. Dude is a Browncoat. Obviously Firefly means a good deal to him.

There is a difference between your super girlfriend/boyfriend not necessarily liking the same things you do, and dissing something that you really love. If it was the former, yeah, he was out of line and is a moron, so on and so forth. If it was the later, then dude. It's not like he divorced his wife. He dumped a girl he'd dated for a month. There are TONS of sexy, steampunk-inclined geeky gamer girls out there just like that one who DO like Firefly, and dude is clearly better off hooking up with one of them.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Wow...I would LOVE to find a girl like that. So she doesn't like, in my case, Star Wars. So what? You share other common interests. I've never heard of a single couple that liked everything that the other person likes. That's simply not possible. This man deserves to be slapped.

rubinigosa

Dec 2, 2010
Ross Perot said:
I thought i was going to find this stupid and trite, buuuut i enjoyed it.

rubinigosa said:
I hope this is just a joke and he did not dump her because of Firefly...because if he did then he is a fool
have you SEEN Firefly?
I still think that it is weird that he picked Firefly over intimacy and love...or he did not love her and then he did not dump her because of Firefly and did just use it as an excuses...anyway I do not think it matters if I have seen it or not I will still say what I said...he could at least tried to make her like it maybe not love it but still like it instead of freaking out over her first impression.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Obviously a joke. And a pretty good one. It entertained me and now i´ll be humming this bloody song all day...AAAARGGHH!!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I forced my GF to watch Firefly just last week. Luckily she liked it, otherwise that could have been me. I would love to send her a link to this, but she hasn't seen them all yet and I don't want to spoil Wash's death!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
MikeOfThunder said:
Thats so stupid. She likes games for god sake!

Only deal breaker - If she was a Nazi.
Hey! Firefly>racism.
This must be a joke btw, she posed for the music video...

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
O.O If she looks anything like the lady in the video, and if does happen to be true, then that dude deserves a slap on the back of the head.

Good song though.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
vansau said:
I mean, dumping someone that awesome simply over a TV show seems like something only a soulless member of the Alliance would do.
We have souls. *sniff*

This man reaches new levels of nerd-i-tude.
Jonny49 said:
O.O If she looks anything like the lady in the video, and if does happen to be true, then that dude deserves a slap on the back of the head.

Good song though.
Seconded

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
The only part I didn't like about Firefly was how short it was. They could have made a lot more episodes.

But seriously, who can't love a sci-fi western with Chinese elements? It's like having sex and eating cupcakes; there's just too much good stuff to not appreciate it.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Wow... just... wow. I like Firefly and all... but that's taking it too far. This is definetly a dick move if I ever saw one. She's probably better off without him.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
...There's steampunk Lingerie?? Where in the hells can I get some of that? I have a girl who would love to wear that!

Omrosa Samosa

Oct 14, 2009
ha loved this song, and the lady in it is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. howevs, much prefer 'I Hate Your Kids' off his website. That there's a song we can all agree with