Guy Dumps Girl Over Firefly, Makes Music Video

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
Samechiel said:
Wow, there's somebody else in the world that didn't care for Firefly. Obviously, this woman is my soulmate.

She will be mine. Oh yes, she will be mine.
I hate the show I used to be slightly interested it, but its fanbase made me loathe it...

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
pendragon177 said:
Dammit fuck, I started watching Firefly last night and this music video just goes spoils a major plot point! Spoiler tags are usually appreciated or at least mentioned somewhere in articles even if the topic is dated.

Apparently Wash dies.
Yeah, I didn't like that either. Now I can't show this to my GF.
But keep watching, there are plenty more spoilers to be had.

Skarlette

May 17, 2010
I think every partnership should have at least one or two guilty pleasures that you share, whether it be a shared favourite old school game, a particular TV show that you simply MUST watch, or a movie that reduces you both to tears. To have nothing in common to enjoy together seems like a pretty boring life together.

And the flip side: you have to have separate interests, as well, otherwise you won't feel like your own person with your own thoughts and ideas. It's healthy to have differing opinions about topics, and it ensures that you've always got something to discuss.

You can be attracted to a person in all physical aspects, but if you can't engage with them mentally then it's only half a relationship.

As to whether the video is based 100% on a true story ... yeah, I remain undecided. I hope it's only a parody; these days, you can never be too sure.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Ghengis John said:
vansau said:
I mean, dumping someone that awesome simply over a TV show seems like something only a soulless member of the Alliance would do.
We have souls. *sniff*

This man reaches new levels of nerd-i-tude.
Jonny49 said:
O.O If she looks anything like the lady in the video, and if does happen to be true, then that dude deserves a slap on the back of the head.

Good song though.
Seconded
Lies! The independents will rise again!

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Venereus said:
So he pretty much wanted Lisa Foiles: exactly the same pros (and more!), but without the Firefly issue! That is until he grows jealous of Nathan Fillion. Quick! Hide the last Top 5!
I think we all want Miss Foiles, even just a little.

kael013

Jun 12, 2010
Hot? check
Can help with the bloody rent? check
Is a gamer? check
Wears obscure subculture lingerie? check

What the heck is wrong with this guy!? That's like every nerd's dream girl.
Oh well, his loss. Uh, does anyone here know her e-mail?

In all serious, this is a joke on his part and a really good one at that (song isn't that bad either).

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
LordOrin said:
This is clearly not real, nor is it intended to seem real. If you broke up with a girl over a TV show, would you expect her to come back and perform for the music video of your breakup song? Really?
That's pretty much what I thought. I'm wondering if these people think Weird Al really does live in an Amish Paradise.

Dramatic Flare

Frightening Frolicker
Jun 18, 2008
So, did anyone else go to the website offered at the end of the video and notice the man is a professional comedian? It's undoubtedly a joke, Mr. Vansau.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
cyrogeist said:
I really REALLY hope this is fake....
It's a fully edited music video, it's fake by definition! The story it's based on is probably half-true, and the song is clearly a joke. Is that what you meant?

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
Venereus said:
cyrogeist said:
I really REALLY hope this is fake....
It's a fully edited music video, it's fake by definition! The story it's based on is probably half-true, and the song is clearly a joke. Is that what you meant?
...yeah pretty much...

Broken Boy

Apr 10, 2010
I was nearly rolling at the video. BUT if that is true he is by far one of the biggest idiot's ever.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
After watching the video i can honestly say

That guy is an absolute tard....seriously its like dumping someone because they dont like say, chocolate when you LOVE it.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
If this is true (and, let's face it, it's not possible) and this song was meant to be funny, I have only one thing to say:

What a dicktits!