Guy Dumps Girl Over Firefly, Makes Music Video

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Daaaah Whoosh said:
The only part I didn't like about Firefly was how short it was. They could have made a lot more episodes.
I lol'd.

Man, this guy's funny. Also, I want to see how steampunk lingerie works... where's the boiler go?! o.0

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Samechiel said:
Wow, there's somebody else in the world that didn't care for Firefly. Obviously, this woman is my soulmate.

She will be mine. Oh yes, she will be mine.
Yeah, I don't really see what the big deal is with Firefly is either. Funny video though.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
I didn't cry when Wash died either. I think I was too surprised to cry. That doesn't stop me from loving Firefly as much as I love Halo, which is A FUCKING LOT.

If they broke up, why would she agree to participate in a music video making fun of their relationship?

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Samechiel said:
Wow, there's somebody else in the world that didn't care for Firefly. Obviously, this woman is my soulmate.

Yeah I don't see what the big deal is with Firefly either and if this video is true, he seems a bit of an asshole. Funny video though.

RichardThompson

Aug 25, 2010
I'm not suprised, I'm not even bemused. Shit like this is normal to me now. Oh how the internet as left no suprises.

LordOrin

Feb 19, 2009
This is clearly not real, nor is it intended to seem real. If you broke up with a girl over a TV show, would you expect her to come back and perform for the music video of your breakup song? Really?

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Samechiel said:

Agreed. I have yet to see Firefly, but I'm not completely interested in going out of my way to watch it. Other stuff to do, watch, play, etc.

OT: anyone else not like this guy's voice? I mean, I sing like shit (I'll admit to that). But this guy just doesn't sound good at all.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
OK, so if the girl is really hot and plays video games and does all that nerdy stuff does it really matter if she doesn't have THE EXACT taste in TV Shows as her boyfriend? Does that ever matter in any relationship scenario? This is a bad joke. I didn't laugh. Jokes have to make some sense at least.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Dude! It's your loss, man. I'm thinking that she is hot and has a great personality and hobbies. Come on!

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
lolz sad joke is sad, theres almost no girls that are all of those things and firefly is died before its time and now I remember it.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
LordOrin said:
This is clearly not real, nor is it intended to seem real. If you broke up with a girl over a TV show, would you expect her to come back and perform for the music video of your breakup song? Really?
GeorgW said:
MikeOfThunder said:
Thats so stupid. She likes games for god sake!

Only deal breaker - If she was a Nazi.
Hey! Firefly>racism.
This must be a joke btw, she posed for the music video...
I've heard of a system where you can hire someone to pretend or "act" to be someone else, can't think what they call it, but you hire these people and they'll pretend to be other people, it's crazy!

On topic, if she didn't like Firefly she was maybe missing an important part of her soul/mind/psyche whatever you want to call it. If she didn't cry when Wash died she'll soon be murdering puppies just to see the light go out of their eyes, guy got lucky that refusing to watch Firefly tipped him off before things got bad.

theguiltyone

Jan 6, 2010
Ross Perot said:
rubinigosa said:
well that's why it's a joke silly.
Impossible! He wrote a song about it! Plus, there's every nerd boy's HOT DREAM GIRL IN THE VIDEO. That makes it absolutely true, right?!

...right?

Please tell me I'm right or lonely hearts will wither and die like unwatered buttercups in the sun. ;_;

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Actual said:
LordOrin said:
GeorgW said:
MikeOfThunder said:
Thats so stupid. She likes games for god sake!

Only deal breaker - If she was a Nazi.
Hey! Firefly>racism.
This must be a joke btw, she posed for the music video...
I've heard of a system where you can hire someone to pretend or "act" to be someone else, can't think what they call it, but you hire these people and they'll pretend to be other people, it's crazy!

On topic, if she didn't like Firefly she was maybe missing an important part of her soul/mind/psyche whatever you want to call it. If she didn't cry when Wash died she'll soon be murdering puppies just to see the light go out of their eyes, guy got lucky that refusing to watch Firefly tipped him off before things got bad.
He's an entertainer, I'm pretty sure it's a joke.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
GeorgW said:
He's an entertainer, I'm pretty sure it's a joke.
Oh, no doubt you are right. It's made funny by the fact that it's a ridiculous reason to dump someone, and yet many of the staunchest fans would have to take a moment to re-evaluate any relationship in which we found our partner did not share one of the truths we found to be self evident.

I once dated a woman who didn't like Firefly or The Princess Bride, it turned out she was an alien sent from the future to enslave mankind.

pendragon177

Jul 12, 2009
Dammit fuck, I started watching Firefly last night and this music video just goes spoils a major plot point! Spoiler tags are usually appreciated or at least mentioned somewhere in articles even if the topic is dated.

Apparently Wash dies.

Venereus

May 9, 2010
So he pretty much wanted Lisa Foiles: exactly the same pros (and more!), but without the Firefly issue! That is until he grows jealous of Nathan Fillion. Quick! Hide the last Top 5!