Guys are jerks. But girls...?

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Of course I have.

I just don't hold it against them, cause I knew at the time I will never meet them again/ So far, I was right.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
A girl was mad that I did not love her, so she decided to make my life a living hell.
No, we never had a relation before that.

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
Sure it can go either way...but in my experience girls will tend toward the evil passive-aggressive stereotype instead of just a straight-out asshole
I've met a couple of guys who were just complete dicks/tools
....they we also mentally retarded I think.

But I think overall people tend to be nice...it's just the dicks that stick out in your mind.

Oh and that FaceBook picture, it's hilarious...They're both dicks! lol

Apr 29, 2010
Superior Mind said:
Louis CK had an opinion on the matter.

?Here?s the difference, to me, between boys and girls: Boys fuck things up; Girls are fucked up. That?s the difference. Boys just do damage to your house that you can measure in dollars, like a hurricane. Girls, like, leave scars in your psyche that you find later, like a genocide or an atrocity? That?s the difference between boys and girls. And it becomes the difference between men and women, really. A man will, like, steal your car or burn your house down or beat the shit out of you, but a woman will ruin your fuckin? life. Do you see the difference? Like, a man will cut your arm off and throw it in a river, but he?ll leave you as a human being intact. He won?t fuck with who you are. Women are nonviolent, but they will shit inside of your heart.?
Damn, you beat me to it.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I'm still going with my new rule, that when it comes to divides, more than man/woman, black/white, religious/athiest, or young/old, the biggest split of them all is asshole or not.

You've got two friends, one's male, one's female, I know what matters a whole lot more than their gender.

I would however support in part the idea that women tend to go more for the psychological destruction, as historically, they've been the physcially weaker sex, so they've learned ways to counter it.

I would like to draw a line under this in case there's any woman just about losing the will to live after reading thru this thread, we don't hate women, we hate assholes, and about half of them are women. Also not saying men don't manipulate, I just think we tend towards simple physical violence when we can, because we're idiots.

I'm not gonna go into details here, but I'd be willing to suggest there's a majority here who'd have preferred to take a solid kicking outside a bar than go thru the mental anguish of a woman who decided to hurt you.

As for the original Facebook thing, sure, Toby was being overly persistent, but, when a guy is like that, you don't then accept gifts from him, you don't let him partner up with you then do all the schoolwork for a term, take show tickets from him, then decide he's an asshole because he still thinks he has a chance. You say no, you keep saying no, and when he offers you $100 worth of tickets you don't then say yes. The guy is obviously obsessed, as many school age people get, it's often their first unrequited love, and screwing around with that feeling to get free stuff, it's ... well, I'll be polite and say it's not taking the high moral path is all.

crop52

Mar 16, 2011
No, but I know a girl who mistreats guys. She cheated on one of my friends, and when he gave her a second chance, she cheated on him again. I've always thought that she was a sociopath.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
OP image is sad, but not because the girl was especially mean or hypocritical.

Not being able to take a hint does not make someone a good person nor does avoiding such a person make someone a jerk. I think it was probably relatively clear early on that she wasn't interested given the length of the process and the number of rejections he faced. In that situation, I'd probably do the same thing (though I wouldn't take tickets from him for instance), try to avoid him. Hell, I'd probably be scared of a person so delusional as to continue trying after so many years and so many rejections. That description is of harrassment, not unreasonable rejection.

More OT: Guys are not jerks, girls and not jerks, ENTIRE GENDERS AREN'T ANYTHING.

I know that maybe sometimes someone of the opposite (or same) gender might make you feel bad. Maybe even several of them might make you feel bad, but it's silly to characterise entire groups like that. Speaking statistically, your sample size is inevitably absolutely tiny compared to the population.

TL;DR: Stop reading so goddamn much into statements like "all guys are jerks". People say that when they're unhappy with SPECIFIC people and it's silly to treat it as an actual claim.

Iwana Humpalot

Jan 22, 2011
Meh, guys and girls are basically the same. Girls just complain about it way more than guys do.
Also its more ok for a girl to complain about guys than it is for guy to complain about girls. Also girls will get offended if u say that they are dicks more than the guys would get.

Odysseous2

Jul 19, 2011
I went out with this one girl for five years... That is, through all of middle school and most of high school. Everything was going fine. I knew her inside out, and I could tell that she was happy with me.

But one day, she didn't speak to me. I approached her a couple times, but she gave me the cold shoulder. Later that day, I found out that she had a new boyfriend. I didn't find out through her, mind. I found out through her friend. I went to ask her about it, and when I found her, she was with the new boy. She pretended not to know me. Frustrated, I gave up and left.

I didn't talk to her for a few weeks after that. But one night, she called me and asked me for the answers to the history homework. I was stricken. She made it quite clear that, for one reason or another, she didn't want to have anything to do with me. Yet here she was, a couple weeks later, expecting me to give her the homework answers as if we were still together. I didn't, of course, but she didn't quite get the message. She continued through the entire year acting as if she were my best friend, all the while snogging that new boy in the middle of the hallway. I didn't have the heart to tell her off... I just kind of went along with it.

It's odd, because we were a well-established couple. We hugged, we kissed, we had our fun, we whispered sweet nothings when it was done. It was as if she had amnesia. I don't understand how a girl can so quickly dismiss a five-year boyfriend who loved her so much. An explanation on her part would have been nice. I might have even been okay with a simple goodbye. But nope, I instantly went from boyfriend to just "friend" over the course of ten minutes, and to this day, I still don't know why.

I hate that girl.

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
JoJoDeathunter said:
Sure, assholes can be either gender but eh... that girl in the FaceBook comment doesn't sound like that much of a jerk, sounds more like "Toby" is a creepy stalker. If you ask someone out and they aren't interested, then you back off and look else-where, following them around and showering gifts onto them isn't going to suddenly make them like you.
Nice Guy Syndrome.

Anyway, yeah some guys can be dicks, some girls can be too. Hell girls are generally crueller than guys though they're more cunning about it. A proper lads fight will end with the last punch, girls will plot and ***** for fuck knows how long. This is massively generalising but still the sentiment holds, women tend to be less confrontational but by no means less cruel. Men may be more direct and in doing so may sometimes appear to be worse but in actual fact it's pretty level ground.

It is interesting to note that women are more aggressive than men if they think they're not being watched. When known to be observed, they're notably less aggressive. Curious but understandable.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
mireko said:
"IN YEAR 10 I BROKE INTO YOUR ROOM AND STOLE SOME HAIR FROM YOUR BRUSH SO I COULD PUT IT IN MY SHRINE AND YOU CALLED THE POLICE OMG WHY U SUCH A *****"

Anyway.. to be honest, not really. There are always assholes, of course, but on the whole I've run into far more obnoxious/dickish men.
This made me laugh so hard my drink came out my nose and now my keyboard is sticky, god damn you

CthulhuMessiah

Apr 28, 2011
I'm going to leave this here:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe9R7jcMPp4[/youtube]

Anyway, I'd rather a guy being a dick, because I can, in the words of Samuel L. Jackson, "Go medieval on yo ass" without someone saying "Oh my GAWD, YOU HIT A WOMAN! YOU ARE WORST THAN THE SPAWN OF ADOLF HITLER AND JOSEPH STALIN!!!!!!!!"

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
Sounds like Toby should have found someone else to like...but yeah. ALL People have the potential to be complete assholes. Doesn't matter what you have between your legs.

The_Amazing_G

Sep 13, 2009
Um yes girls can be dicks but I think that they tend to be more narcissistic where as guys who are dicks tend to just not give a #%^* what others think. Yes, either gender can do this, true, but in my experience it has been this way.

yohlazy

Jul 1, 2011
I have know w girl for ten years I tried to be nice to her in every way possible I helped her study though the end of high school helped get her into a college and paid for part of it. In return she slept with upward to 4 other men and got pregnant. I offered to help raise her daughter (who i found to be cute) because the real father ran away. She said no and then was forced to drop out because she had to raise a girl by herself. Then after two years of not seeing her I moved back into town and ran into her again and again I paid for food got her a fridge to keep stuff in for her daughter help raise he girl for awhile and even helped her get back into college and gave her some money to pay for the loans she was behind on and now how am I thanked? School starts in 2 weeks and she decide to text me saying she never wanted to speak to me again and ended our 10 year friendship. When I asked why she simply told me I already know why and I don't a mutual friend asked why and she told him I touched her to which he knew wasn't true because he and I have been out of town for a week now and haven't seen her SO YEAH GIRLS CAN BE DICKS And before someone says I didn't do much for her to to show her how much I care believe me I did everything a person could do just didn't want to write a novel.

The_Amazing_G

Sep 13, 2009
sumanoskae said:
I've made this clear before, people are shit. Everyone can be shit. Some groups of people have unwritten, vaguely established ways of being shit, but there's always someone who breaks those rules, because they aren't rules. Trying to understand human behavior by breaking them into groups and devising specific rules is futile, because there really aren't any rules.

There are just as many petty, selfish, hateful, cruel, greedy, ignorant, poisonous, and yes, violent women as there are men. The more you buy into stereotypes, the more true they become. Don't assume things about people based on factors out of their control, that's basic reasonable behavior.
Also, I'm going to print this and put it on my wall.

The_Amazing_G

Sep 13, 2009
sumanoskae said:
I've made this clear before, people are shit. Everyone can be shit. Some groups of people have unwritten, vaguely established ways of being shit, but there's always someone who breaks those rules, because they aren't rules. Trying to understand human behavior by breaking them into groups and devising specific rules is futile, because there really aren't any rules.

There are just as many petty, selfish, hateful, cruel, greedy, ignorant, poisonous, and yes, violent women as there are men. The more you buy into stereotypes, the more true they become. Don't assume things about people based on factors out of their control, that's basic reasonable behavior.
Also, I'm going to print this and put it on my wall.

M920CAIN

May 24, 2011
My iteration would be this: men are stupid & girls are crazy... I'm a male by the way...

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Girls are bitches. One time I had sex with a girl who I was crazy about and I wouldn't have sex with anyone if I didn't at least care about them in some way. She lied to her friends saying that I used her for sex (but they didn't believe her because she's an attention whore and they all knew me pretty well too). She also had her brother punch me in the face, which that didn't hurt really, it was a weak punch. But what she did to me really hurt me emotionally.

Sperium 3000

Mar 16, 2009
Every people has the potential to be a major douchebag, and the quantity of X cromossomes has nothing to do with it.