Guys (or girls I guess): How would you react to this?

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
As long as he was clear that I'm not into guys and didn't start stalking me or anything I don't think it would change much for me beyond a week or so of slight awkwardness.

HotFezz8

Nov 1, 2009
ReservoirAngel said:
So me and the boyfriend were talking about this earlier on today, after branching off from a conversation that WAS about coffee. Dunno how we got from coffee to this topic, but oh well.

Basically, how would you react if one of your same-sex friends confessed to having a really strong crush on you, or even loving you?

Cause both me and him have been on both sides of this situation. I've had a friend I didn't even think was into dudes confess to thinking I was massively cute and that he wanted to fuck me, and I've confessed pretty much the same (while slightly stoned, I admit) to another one of my friends over Facebook (private messaging, nobody else saw).

As for my boyfriend, he had a friend of his practically declare his undying love for him, and has confessed a massive crush to someone who he practically KNEW hated his guts. Didn't end well for him, but that's a story for another day.

So yeah, what would your instinctual reaction to be if one of your close friends suddenly out of pretty much nowhere confessed such feelings towards you?
you've declared your interest in someone else, your bf has decvleared his interest in another man. have you considered the fact you may both be gay?

OT: freaked out, a little disturbed. id thank them but say i didn't work that way. the freidnship probably wouldn't survive.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
Well, I would blush like a ************.
Oh common you would blush too!
I mean, I would be highly curious and really, really flattered, but I wouldn't go for anything if I had no feelings for him what so ever.
Because I know how it feels when a member of the opposite sex tricks you into things and she breaks you.
So I would never cause that kind of pain to another person.

But if I did like him...hohohoohoho.

nukie404

Dec 10, 2010
"Let's just be friends"
Nah but seriously, I'd talk to him about it, but tell him that he really has no chance since I don't bend that way. It'll be awkward for a while, but I guess if he was a good friend before, then he'd stay a good friend.

Actually now that I think about it, it probably won't be too different from a girl asking me out I guess? Maybe less awkward?

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
HotFezz8 said:
you've declared your interest in someone else, your bf has decvleared his interest in another man. have you considered the fact you may both be gay?
These happened before I started dating my boyfriend. And we are both gay.

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
I dont think I would care providing they didnt make a habit of shoving it in my face so to speak. Its hypocritical I know but PDA with 2 guys make me unconfortable generally. If they kept trying to come onto me. I would have a serious problem. If they told me, then did nothing more, Id just forget it and keep on as normal.

gillebro

Nov 13, 2009
I'd think they were joking. But if it turned out they weren't I'd be flattered, and depending on the friend I'd possibly think about it.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
I'd say that I'm flattered, but that I don't swing that way, so he shouldn't waste his time.

Sep 8, 2010
ReservoirAngel said:
So yeah, what would your instinctual reaction to be if one of your close friends suddenly out of pretty much nowhere confessed such feelings towards you?
Me, I'd say "Let's have a few drinks and see where the night goes", but I'm a bisexual in an open relationship, so I'm probably not the norm there hehe

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
I'd be flattered, definitely. Curious, maybe. That said, I do have this sort of curiosity towards this one guy I know...

But otherwise, I doubt I'd take it anywhere.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Considering I am friends with many gay guys, and one of them HAS done just that, I can tell you I reacted thus so:
I am straight. It sucks, but it's how it is.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
ReservoirAngel said:
HotFezz8 said:
+

Maybe you're in denial

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
ReservoirAngel said:
Basically, how would you react if one of your same-sex friends confessed to having a really strong crush on you, or even loving you?
I would be rather shocked.
But I would say ?Andrew, I?m sorry, but I happen to like women. A lot.?
However, I am very sure this is not the case, as my best friend is a bit homophobic at times.
I don?t know how his family would take it though? That's what I am more concerned about.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
My immediate reaction would be awkwardness, there's a good chance of some sweating. I have mediocre self esteem and don't respond well to compliments.

Right now I'm not really dating and in general I have a rule against dating guys who aren't publicly out. So I'd probably help him through that, wait for him to meet some other gays and then come back and reevaluate our feelings for each other.

If it was a girl though, just the first bit of awkwardness compounded with the awkwardness of blurting out "I'm gay" and walking away.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
The Stonker said:
ReservoirAngel said:
HotFezz8 said:
+

Maybe you're in denial
You're joking, right? I haven't been in denial about my sexuality since I was 13.

Purkki

Apr 4, 2010
"I'm flattered, but I like gals. This conversation never happened." (Let's leave the last sentence out.)

Ildecia

Nov 8, 2009
cool. as most poeple on here, i'd be flattered, say nty, and continue with the conversation where it was originally.

yeah.

Sep 8, 2010
Gamer_152 said:
I'd be very flattered but I'd have to explain to them carefully that I'm not gay.
I dunno,I think "I'm not gay" pretty much sums it up. Generally you don't need a supporting thesis, unless the other person is a pushy asshole.