Hacker Group Claims Real Ubisoft DRM Crack

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, it would happen eventually.

I am sure people with the games will be happy with the news...

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Good on Skid Row. It's nice to know that there's a crack available now. To all the people who legitimately purchased a copy, feel free to use the crack, it's not illegal to use one, and it doesn't make you a pirate.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
They cracked it? Huh, maybe I'll look into a used copy now. I'd really like to play AC2, but I still refuse to pay any money to Ubisoft...

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I' am against piracy but Seeing This terrible DRM and Ubisoft get what they derserve is great.

Was going to buy AC2 but didn't. I refuse to purchase any titles in the future until the DRM is removed. I don't have a console So I wont buy it on that either, even if did own one I still would not purchase any titles.

cieply

Oct 21, 2009
Mmmm I love being a pirate. Makes me warm in the belly to see yet another victory of pirates.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
sheic99 said:
And for future games also, many people like myself won't touch a Ubisoft game while this DRM is still intact, this includes consoles.
I hear that.
I am boycotting all Ubisoft releases, on all platforms until they remove this atrocity of a DRM scheme.

One gamer might not make a difference, but I'll be damned if they'll ever see any of my money!

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
someboredguy said:
Ironically, I expect the PC sales for AC2 will have jumped now that people know that they can remove the obnoxious DRM.
in a perfect world that is exactly what would happen. But no, they'll instead just pirate the entire game and either sales will be the same, or sales will drop. Gamers use this argument all the time, "Pirates aren't consumers and not every pirate copy is a lost sale" but it works in the other way that people who weren't going to buy the game at launch aren't going to buy it now either.

The Undoer

Sep 13, 2009
Probably not gonna pirate it, the first one was too much of a flop (for me), but maybe if something catches my eye by Ubisoft and I decide I want it.

One things for sure, and that's they're not getting an intentional penny from me until they remove this DRM.

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
sfunny, pirates get a better (easier playable) game then the people who actually bought the game.

I will probably use this crack if i ever go out and buy Ass Creed 2.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
Plurralbles said:
someboredguy said:
Ironically, I expect the PC sales for AC2 will have jumped now that people know that they can remove the obnoxious DRM.
in a perfect world that is exactly what would happen. But no, they'll instead just pirate the entire game and either sales will be the same, or sales will drop. Gamers use this argument all the time, "Pirates aren't consumers and not every pirate copy is a lost sale" but it works in the other way that people who weren't going to buy the game at launch aren't going to buy it now either.
True, not a lot of people will buy it properly then crack it, but I know quite a few people on this forum will buy it then crack it. I think I once saw Furburt express his desire to do such.

maxusy3k

May 17, 2008
Seeing SkidRow attached to anything makes me incredibly nostalgic for my Amiga days. While I can't really condone piracy, at least legitimate consumers now have a method to play the game hassle-free.

fyrh56

Apr 2, 2008
cainx10a said:
The only solution to piracy is the system OnLive uses (of course, as long as someone with access to the files do not decide to 'share' it with others). Cut the middle-man, no more disc that can be copied, no more data installed on your drive that can be copied, just give them a portal to play the game they paid for, end of line.

But seriously, who want that to happen?
OnLive games are still very much "crackable". A model such as OnLive's will lead to account theft almost surely, kind of the same that happens in MMoG's today.

On topic, if anyone decides to buy the game (AC2), do apply the crack. The game has a bad habbit of stuttering and "lagging" every time it tries a connection to Ubisoft's Evilnet, and especially when it fails, it's quite bothersome.

CatinHat

Apr 30, 2009
Hope they work on SHIII then I'll buy the game and download the pirate patch. who knows maybe more of the good SH mod makers will start working on SHIII.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
I really hope Ubisoft drops this piece of crap, I was lookin forward to playin Splinter Cell on my PC

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
This is good news. Though I still refuse to give my money to ubisoft ever again and will never pirate it. But at least the people who bought it can play it without the ridiculous DRM.