Hacker Group Promises Doom for Sony

GestaltEsper

Oct 11, 2009
Hussmann54 said:
Wait! PBS... the Public Broadcast Services? What the hell have they every done to piss off anybody? That is like the guy who shot up the Amish school house because they "offended" him...

Reguardless..... Lulsec=Wankers. and I really hope Anon comes down on them for th... oh wait Anon spent equally as much time in the activity of BEING WANKERS!
Actually yes, I really wanna see anon or any other hacker take on these guys, if only to disprove my notion that "hacktivists" ant those that support them are self-righteous hypocrites who embody that oft-quoted "When they came for the..." poem.

Come on, for all your talk of "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" and that people in power need to be kept in check you seem perfectly fine to let these guys do as they please. Or are you waiting for the authorities you so often scorn to handle this for you? Or maybe you still think Sony deserves all this?

BDNeon

Jan 14, 2009
It's been over a day after the hack was supposed to take place, nothing happened.

Something tells me they were either just talking big or tried and ran up against a wall with Sony's defenses.

sam13lfc

Oct 29, 2008
WOAH WISH I COULD BE AS COOL AS THESE GUYS WITH THEIR L33T HAX0RZ OMFUHGUH.

Thought this bandwagon had fucking crashed already, jeeesus.

Kagim

Aug 26, 2009
God ole fashioned terrorism.

Hurting innocent people to try and strong arm others into doing what you want...

And yet, there are asshole out there saying stupid shit like "Sony deserves it!"

When it's not Sony getting fucked...

randomrob

Aug 5, 2009
redmarine said:
Well, since I don't own any Sony products, go ahead.
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Applicable here methinks?

microhive

Mar 27, 2009
randomrob said:
redmarine said:
Well, since I don't own any Sony products, go ahead.
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Applicable here methinks?
Right, as if that is a fair comparison. Perhaps if it were compared to a government crackdown, sure, but since this is about scriptkiddies, no.

randomrob

Aug 5, 2009
redmarine said:
(snip)

Right, as if that is a fair comparison. Perhaps if it were compared to a government crackdown, sure, but since this is about scriptkiddies, no.
It's the same principle, If you don't stand up against people who are being wronged, no-one will stand up when you are wronged.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Sounds like a lot of bluffing to me.
Real hackers do not announce their targets or the time...But stupid kids might.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Atmos Duality said:
Sounds like a lot of bluffing to me.
Real hackers do not announce their targets or the time...But stupid kids might.
They're real hackers, as proven by their...well...hacking exploits. They've even made it on the news a couple of times.

Not bluffing, but...they're arrogant as shit.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
They're real hackers, as proven by their...well...hacking exploits. They've even made it on the news a couple of times.

Point taken.
Though this recent intrusion is less "Hacktivist" and more direct malevolence.
I suppose we should expect this shit to get out of hand quickly.

Makes one wonder if all this would really be happening to Sony if they hadn't gone back on their word and fucked around with the PS3.

The SettingSun

Oct 4, 2010
FFS. All I want is to play on my ps3. These people aren't helping anybody, least of all themselves. They seriously need to get day jobs or something.

ForsakenUK

Feb 11, 2010
how can they be pro-free speech when they "punished" PBS for exorcising their right to free speech?

hope they get caught soon this is all getting boring

lostlambda

May 19, 2011
are the people who hack sony just trying to make us hate sony because if its them thats knocking the PSN and their market down for weeks on end just to prove a point then I'm throwing my support in for sony these guys are just jerks who cant see that their hack are distorying any chance they have with the common man they seam to fight for

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Atmos Duality said:
Kopikatsu said:

Point taken.
Though this recent intrusion is less "Hacktivist" and more direct malevolence.
I suppose we should expect this shit to get out of hand quickly.

Makes one wonder if all this would really be happening to Sony if they hadn't gone back on their word and fucked around with the PS3.
ForsakenUK said:
how can they be pro-free speech when they "punished" PBS for exorcising their right to free speech?

hope they get caught soon this is all getting boring
lostlambda said:
are the people who hack sony just trying to make us hate sony because if its them thats knocking the PSN and their market down for weeks on end just to prove a point then I'm throwing my support in for sony these guys are just jerks who cant see that their hack are distorying any chance they have with the common man they seam to fight for
LulzSec isn't a hacktivist group. Their intention is...well...to watch the world burn, basically. They aren't in it for any cause, much less free speech.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
um... why? why take down sony? i would very much like to continue using my PS3 and PSN account. what do you gain by taking down one third of the video game community?

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
I'm guessing these hacker crackers haven't noticed that the FBI and a few government organizations from other countries have gotten involved in this mess with Sony. Either that or they're arrogant enough to think that they can continue their foul deeds and remain elusive to all of the organizations that are now closely monitoring the company.