Hackers Deface The Wrong Site

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
All the hate for some of the few people that not only want to see internet rights maintained, but actually do something. It might not do a lot of physical good, but it draws attention, something that was badly needed considering the rest of the world heard nothing about this law passing in Japan till it happened.

For everyone complaining, what are you doing to stop bills like this besides sitting behind a computer monitor and complaining? A failed effort means more than no effort at all.
What they are doing is counter-intuitive, an equivalent would be a man who disagrees with stricter gun laws who then proceeds to shoot an advocate of stricter gun laws dead.

'A failed effort means more than no effort' is true, but it just means more bad. A person who does nothing isn't actively hurting the case they are trying to make.

Anon aren't trying to protest, they are trying to force the issue. Problem being, temporarily tearing down a poster on the wall that is the internet isn't going to be so impressive.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
"We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. And... Erm... We could really use some people who can actually read Japanese."

nonl33t m4st3r

Oct 31, 2009
Wait....can't you just buy region-free dvd and blu-ray players in Japan? I mean, the PS3 is region free at the very least.

Beardly

Jan 19, 2010
Buretsu said:
Is it over? Can we stop taking these idiots seriously now?
Yep. Anonymous is just like any other movement. Once they make a typo it's all over for them.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
godfist88 said:
does the word doujinshi ring a bell with anyone?
I think the situation with doujinshi is a little different.
The manga industry would be stupid to ban them as they often contribute to the popularity of the original, are a way to get new artist into the business, while using copyright protected series, characters etc. the stories are made up by the artist and they are usually sold or distributed in a none-profitable way so they are in line with fan fiction.
(Edit: Which does not make them legal but tolerated)

Anyway lol at this mistake...

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
This misstep could put them in hot water. I feel like Anynomous' quality has really gone downriver. I bet that the river management is just boiling with rage. I'm drowning in laughter here.

Do you sea what I just did?

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Torrasque said:
Oh Anon, you so silly.

When I read "Kanto" I immediately thought "What? That is a region in Pokemon, not a real place!" but then my brain kicked in and I told myself how much of an idiot I am for thinking that =|
Don't feel bad, I read "a government body in the Kanto reigion that deals primarily with flood control and water management." and thought "Wow, they must have a lot of water pokemon." I had no idea there was a real place named Kanto.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
We are a legion...

It's "WE ARE LEGION". It's from the Bible "I am legion, for we are many", referring to the fact that they are many people operating as one, with legion being more of an adjective than a noun.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Xan Krieger said:
Torrasque said:
Oh Anon, you so silly.

When I read "Kanto" I immediately thought "What? That is a region in Pokemon, not a real place!" but then my brain kicked in and I told myself how much of an idiot I am for thinking that =|
Don't feel bad, I read "a government body in the Kanto reigion that deals primarily with flood control and water management." and thought "Wow, they must have a lot of water pokemon." I had no idea there was a real place named Kanto.
I'm pretty sure that all the regions in Pokemon are real places that exist.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/a/a2/Pokemonworld.png

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
In their defense, they are probably just accepting that there are a lot of organizations that operate with a multitude of minds working towards a single goal that have no name. Each of those groups are "A" legion and Anonymous doesn't want to speak on behalf of "ALL" Legion. That'd just be silly. They might have changed it in their last meeting. I have no idea how they work >_>

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
This month's theme has been "anonymous activist jerks on the internet embarrass themselves", apparently.

Remember, kids: just because you know a lot doesn't mean you're not idiots.