Hackers Offer PSN Credit Cards For Sale

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
HankMan said:
Someone needs to held accountable
Wahahah, man you are just a barrel of laughs arent you. I feel like I've seen you in a lot of threads with the same hardy har humor.

Keep it up :>

OT: I really should call my bank ;(

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Well for now I'm just constantly checking my bank account for any unauthorised activity... I pray this nightmare will be over shortly. but I don't know if I'll ever use the PSN again, even though I enjoy DLC when it adds something to the game.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
MattAn24 said:
Darks63 said:
Irridium said:
Well, I changed up my passwords. Good god this is scary. Whoever the hacker is, I hope he gets mauled. Yes, I wish physical harm on the son of a ***** who stole all this information. I don't care who knows it.
Hear Hear bravo to you sir i heartly agree. Yeah im going to the bank myself today to get a new card issued, although i kinda wish I could get into the class action lawsuit now.
...WHY!? They're suing the wrong people! Find the hackers and sue THEM! What the fuck is the big problem? THIS SHIT HAPPENS ALL THE DAMN TIME. It is nothing new. If it weren't Sony, it would have been Verizon. Or AT&T. Or NBC.

This was not an attack from a GeoHotz sympathizer (like, I admit, I initially claimed it to be). No. This was solely the work of CYBER CRIMINALS, with absolutely no care or remorse at all. They don't care who YOU are or who they attack. They will do it.
And the incompetance of Sony, yes we dont know the details of how adavanced the hacker's system was and yes this happens every day on the internet. but how often does a large companie like Sony lose 77 million records including credit card information?
Sony does deserve some blame here and tbh they obviously didnt have apropiate protection especially as theyve admitted most of the information wasnt encrypted

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
Sony don't record the CCV codes. I wish only the facts would be reported rather than nonsense and rumours.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
EchetusXe said:
One person in 77 million has suffered from credit card fraud in the past week? Run for the hills, we're all doomed!!!!!
The heck of it is that there's no way to tell for sure where a stolen credit card number came from. It's pretty darned likely that at least one of the 77,000,000 PSN subscribers had his credit card information stolen through some unrelated scam or something.

If we start seeing a rash of this, then that's different.

Unrelated: We know that there are "underground hacker forums" where people sell credit card info? Isn't there some way to track these people? (I honestly don't know if there is.)

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Tried to qute your reply to me Mattan24 but the forum isnt letting me so heres my reply

I understand that but its also Sonys fault for having poor security hey are a mega corp their defenses should be pretty absolute. As far as sueing the hackers sue em for what? if they had money they wouldn't be a bunch of thieves in the first place.

In reality I prolly wont get involved in it because so far I haven't lost anything and today at the bank I made sure that the likehood of thathappening will be minimal.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
CM156 said:
Am I the only one who wants the hackers found and crucified?
Yep. Because to my mind, that'd be too fast.

OT, I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, I doubt the validity, since it's implying data was involved that, simply put, wasn't. I was never asked for my CVV, ergo, it stands to reason they could not HAVE my CVV to sell, and suggesting such implies they have no such data and in fact are likely lying out their asses.

On the other hand, I already canceled my card, started the ball rolling to get a new one, and have looked into reporting my info to the credit bureau. Better safe than sorry. Ironically, cause my email was hacked earlier this year, I already changed a ton of stuff around; as such, aside from the name, address, DOB stuff, nothing gotten in this hack actually can impact me.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
Here's to hoping I don't get screwed over for using a debit card once on a no longer active account on a console I hardly ever use.

TWizzle09

Nov 24, 2010
I see no reason to believe this. For the people who say "i had something charged to my account", this could have happened from anything. A virus or something could have been undetected on your system and got your information, you really wouldn't know. I won't believe this article unless there is solid proof.

TWizzle09

Nov 24, 2010
Grunt_Man11 said:
I use to regret not having a PS3, but now not so much.
Because of a lot of speculation? People never seem to amaze me lol. This could have happened to anyone. Microsoft definitely isn't the best at security. Nobody has any reason to hack Nintendo. Hackers could get past bank security systems if they really knew what they were doing. As I said in another thread, if you know anything about Networking and Security, you know that NOTHING IS 100% SECURE!

ModReap

Gatekeeper
Apr 3, 2008
tkioz said:
I'm a little on the fence about the "buy back" on one hand it's generally not a good thing to give into criminals and there is no real guarantee that they'll keep their end of the bargain.

On the other hand, if I was one of the people with stolen personal information and credit card numbers I'd be screaming bloody murder, it's Sony's fault (to a large degree) and they need to bloody fix it. If corporations are going to keep that kind of information about us and dismiss our "silly privacy" concerns they damn well better protect it better then a nun's virginity.
Actually it would be pretty dumb of sony to buy back a copy of the records of all the psn accounts when they already have said accounts on file (unless somehow the hackers deleted all of psn users account info from sony's own database). Whats stopping the hackers from simply selling the info again?

brutalfang

Dec 22, 2010
I don't know whether this is really true or not, and I really don't care.

Getting a new card, and not taking any chances.