Hackers Offer PSN Credit Cards For Sale

Mar 28, 2011
@Longsight
i like you, you can stay. :)
since posting i have done more research and know you're right.
it's just nice to be told you're wrong politely.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
"I don't have any real evidence, but dude, they like, totally have them. Trust me."

Because a security analyst would have no reason to exaggerate the effects of a security breach.

And what was that thing about the encryption? There's a database where the numbers aren't encrypted? That makes no sense. If you're going to encrypt them, you encrypt them and then decrypt them when they're needed. You don't have the "encrypted" database and the "main" database. This guy is just trying to add fuel to the fire to get some free advertisement out of all of this.

Sep 14, 2009
Misho- said:
Are debit cards at risk? I mean it's a silly question but I used a Debit Card, not a Credit card to purchase stuff. Well at any rate this made me feel real bad... I feel nausea now.

Edit: Thanks for all the replies... I'm talking with my bank as I type this.
yes very much so

not calling you stupid, but at my job near about 99% of people who call in on our fraud system get super pissed off saying "but thats impossible, i have a debit card!!!!!!" and im sitting there thinking "uh...yea so what? it's near the same as a credit card just it has a damn limit on it."

just call your bank and they will be able to shut down your card there on the spot and send you out a new one on the spot, as simple as that. takes maybe 5 minutes.

Misho-

May 20, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
Misho- said:
Are debit cards at risk? I mean it's a silly question but I used a Debit Card, not a Credit card to purchase stuff. Well at any rate this made me feel real bad... I feel nausea now.

yes very much so

not calling you stupid, but at my job near about 99% of people who call in on our fraud system get super pissed off saying "but thats impossible, i have a debit card!!!!!!" and im sitting there thinking "uh...yea so what? it's near the same as a credit card just it has a damn limit on it."

just call your bank and they will be able to shut down your card there on the spot and send you out a new one on the spot, as simple as that. takes maybe 5 minutes.
Lol I knew it was a silly question but people usually talk about the Credit Cards and not the Debit Cards, so I just wanted to make sure.

I already have a new one, closed my old one and got some other extra things for extra security... I hope that's enough. I hate them cyber criminals.

Sep 14, 2009
Misho- said:
gmaverick019 said:
Misho- said:

yes very much so

Lol I knew it was a silly question but people usually talk about the Credit Cards and not the Debit Cards, so I just wanted to make sure.

I already have a new one, closed my old one and got some other extra things for extra security... I hope that's enough. I hate them cyber criminals.
no its fine, better to ask then to get screwed over, and yeah i get what you mean, but with all the new ways to get card numbers/info these days it doesn't matter if you have a credit card or a gift card from wal mart, they can get it.

each bank generally has some kind of privacy assist service, so if you got that then you'll be fine, and generally if you pay attention to your statement and call the bank to tell them there is fraud on your account, they will generally handle any charges that aren't yours.