Hail Hydra

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Hmmm, yes. Those filthy treasonous colonists are shocked by this? Perhaps now they will see fit to rejoin the empire.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
The think pieces are pretty entertaining. Thank god we didn't have blogs in the early 90's. Some of the "events" back then were even worse (somehow).

UberPubert

Jun 18, 2012
As an american, I might be tempted to take umbrage at panel two, but panel three pleases me enough to overlook it. Fair play.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Is it really considered a big deal? I mean it's gonna be revealed he wasn't really evil soon enough he was just doing for *insert dumb reason*.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Meiam said:
Is it really considered a big deal? I mean it's gonna be revealed he wasn't really evil soon enough he was just doing for *insert dumb reason*.
Well, he was created by Jewish writers before the US entered WW2 as a hero fighting Nazis. That's not just another hero, that's a powerful political statement.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
"Widowmaker is balanced."

I've seen nothing overtly "OP" about her, nor have I really heard any whining about her...is there really a sizeable chunk of people that think she needs balancing or are you just getting your ass kicked by Widowmakers a lot, Grey? :3

Personally the sniper I hate the most is Hanzo. Don't know what it is, but any time I get into a game with a Hanzo on the other side, it's like their arrows are magnetically attracted to my face. o.o

OT: this explains the topic I saw in the Off Topic forum about Cap being evil. People really should keep in mind that this isn't going to be permanent, their golden boy isn't going to be evil for very long...that's why it's called "an event."

Hell, remember when DC made the Justice League a bunch of commies workin' for Great Mother Russia? Does Batman still wear red? Not the last time I checked. :p

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Renegade-pizza said:
Hmmm, yes. Those filthy treasonous colonists are shocked by this? Perhaps now they will see fit to rejoin the empire.
all the european countries should reclaim their colonies. Russia gets alaska, while england, france, the netherlands and Spain can split the rest.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
CyanCat47 said:
Renegade-pizza said:
all the european countries should reclaim their colonies. Russia gets alaska, while england, france, the netherlands and Spain can split the rest.
Does the Roman Empire resurrect to reclaim England then (and most everywhere else)?

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
UberPubert said:
As an american, I might be tempted to take umbrage at panel two, but panel three pleases me enough to overlook it. Fair play.
The guy is not fat enough and is missing his guns?

Anyways, Widowmaker is balanced. Why her as an example? Other heroes might be more suited for that flame.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Saelune said:
CyanCat47 said:
Renegade-pizza said:
Does the Roman Empire resurrect to reclaim England then (and most everywhere else)?
fair enough, although it was the fact that the empire eventually stretched to locations like england that lead to the fall of the west

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
How dare you sir! I am offended by that highly accurate representation of my countrymen eh what! (In this country almost all health care is free, at best dental is subsidised and we really resent having to pay money upfront for medical care. I imagine that is where the bad teeth stereotype comes from)

Saelune said:
CyanCat47 said:
Renegade-pizza said:
In this eventuality the two empires are joined by a series of political marriages or they play a winner takes all round of rock paper scissors.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Vault Citizen said:
How dare you sir! I am offended by that highly accurate representation of my countrymen eh what! (In this country almost all health care is free, at best dental is subsidised and we really resent having to pay money upfront for medical care. I imagine that is where the bad teeth stereotype comes from)

Saelune said:
CyanCat47 said:
Renegade-pizza said:
In this eventuality the two empires are joined by a series of political marriages or they play a winner takes all round of rock paper scissors.
Most likely, they'll host a gladiatorial game of cricket to decide the winner

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Meiam said:
People have been making a big deal about it, yes.

Then again, it's sort of surprising given the number of people who think Captain American should be a frothing at the mouth Muslim puncher because MURRICA.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Something Amyss said:
Meiam said:
People have been making a big deal about it, yes.

Then again, it's sort of surprising given the number of people who think Captain American should be a frothing at the mouth Muslim puncher because MURRICA.
Currently Red is actually playing up Islamaphobia for political gain right now. Also there are spoilerly reasons that everyone has already predicted how this mess will blow over.

But you want to talk about alt-right in modern comics. Frank Miller's "Holy Terror" is freaking bizarre and was originally a Batman series.

edit- also as an American, it's just a matter of the country's parents being jealous of our success. And yet they always shower praise on that pothead, Canada.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MCerberus said:
But you want to talk about alt-right in modern comics. Frank Miller's "Holy Terror" is freaking bizarre and was originally a Batman series.
I'm not sure what's alt about it. Frank Miller is batshit, but Holy Terror seems to represent a fairly mainstream view of Muslims.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Thaluikhain said:
Well, he was created by Jewish writers before the US entered WW2 as a hero fighting Nazis. That's not just another hero, that's a powerful political statement.
This is true, but it's worth noting also that (as I recently found out) Simon and Kirby were present at Marvel and seemingly had no objections when a previous story [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Force] also had Cap ostensibly become a Nazi.

In that story, it turned out it wasn't true. It was a pretender masquerading as Cap. But the 'shock!' reveal still happened, in much the same way as it has in the recent Steve Rogers: Captain America issue.