Hairy Chests. Your Stance?

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
deadman91 said:
If God didn't want me to have a hairy chest, he wouldn't have given me one. It just means he wants me to survive the inevitable ice age that's coming.

The hair on my shoulders is just takin the piss though.

Hey, I'm a spiritual kind of guy.
If God wanted you to live forever, he'd have given you immortality.

Doesn't mean if he didn't that you shouldn't want it.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I have a nice hairy chest... >]

My boyfriend is quite hairy but shaves his chest, which is good because I prefer smooth men. If we're nakey snuggling, it's really itchy and uncomfortable.

Feb 13, 2008
I'm half bear, so I'll let you in on a little secret.

DON'T shave it.

Apart from from your whole body becoming 20 degrees colder (or it will feel like it), wait 2 days...then the stubble hits. Remember having chicken pox? That will seem like light relief.

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
DJDarque said:
I am also a proud owner of a hairy chest. I don't care what anyone says, men are not meant to be hairless. It looks unnatural.

EDIT: I've had hair for so long it has become a part of my identity. I feel naked if I even shave my face smooth.
Exactly the same here. I had to shave my beard off for a job once and my jaw was freezing cold for days. I have a decent amount of hair on my chest. Never going to shave it just because someone doesn't like looking at it.

Wutaiflea

Mar 17, 2009
I think all men look good with a bit of hair on their chest. As with all things, too much isn't very appealing- I mean having your skin completely obscured by thick matted hair is just not nice- but a Sean Connery level is good stuff.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
I've never been told, or even had it suggested to me that I shave my chest. I think some reference may at one time have been made about my shoulders, but not my chest.

Never done it, can't particularly see myself doing so, except possibly as a charity fund-raising stunt thing.

Silver1Wolf2

Feb 24, 2008
On men: obligatory unless they're gay (lets face it men... shaving the chest is only done for those picky,read nimpho, girls that basically scream lesbian but are still very much in the closet).

On women: no unless I am drunk enough not to notice.. still...damn?

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
I rather guys just be what they are naturally. Chest hair can look sexy but it does make it more difficult to kiss the guy. Like you know when your having sex and just sorta kissing everywhere. With hairy guys it gets in your mouth - blah

I don`t know maybe just trim it but do NOT shave it! YUK! Chest stubble ewwwww

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
I have a bit of a hairy chest, not overly much, but a bit. And I like it. I prefer it that way.

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
As long as it's a pretty chest rug, then all the more power to you.
If you look like your genome has a bit more monkey genes in them than the rest of us, then you might want to consider shaving it.

Really, it's a case by case matter. No universal answer applies, IMO.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Not a big fan of chest hair, but I'm damned if I'm going to pay someone else money to remove it.
As for shaving it? Who could be bothered? I take enough time shaving my face, I'm not going to add to that upkeep by shaving my chest every few days too.

Go with whatever feels natural to you.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
I do not have the luxury of the chest carpet, but I'm on excellent terms with someone who does and dig it.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
I do not shave my chest or pubal hair, and don't expect others to.
If there shouldn't be hair there, there wouldn't be.

I just keep it clean and not too long.

I'm hairy, that doesn't mean I want to be Chewbacca.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I have a slightly hairy chest (no back hair, weirdly enough). My arms are fairly hairy, my legs are very hairy, and my nether regions are something of a jungle. The way I see it, only a girl who I'm currently dating/engaging in casual sexy-time with will see those parts of me normally, so she's the only one who should be able to comment on my hairiness. I'm personally proud of being so hairy, if it ever gets too extreme then I'll shave but until then I'm happy with what I have. I'll cut my head hair and shave my facial hair, but that's about it for me.

Besides, having lots of body hair helps keep me warm :p.

Fusionxl

Oct 25, 2009
Having SOME chest hair is completely natural and manly, but keep it relatively short and well-groomed. Growing Muhammad's beard on your chest is...not recommended...

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
had a full persian hairy chest since i was about 15, i wear it with pride, but it has scared a few white girls in my time,
have a freind who spent his teenage years shaving it once every month, now he stopped and it literally has curls and dreads forming so take note