Hairy Chests. Your Stance?

Whichi

Sep 13, 2010
Quantum Roberts said:
Ok. I've been at odds with a good deal of people whenever I go out on the town and I'll tell you why. Because of my chest. I am the proud owner of a magnificently hair chest.

I consider my chest rug in the same class as Sean Connery's, Hugh Jackman's and Peirce Brosnon. Now whenever I go out on the town or even to the beach I always get mixed commments from my present company. Some Girls and Guys (surprisingly to me at least) tell me to shave it off while some admire it.

Now maybe it's the way I was raised but I always thought a hairy chest was a symbol of masculinity and power and all the maschismo stuff they ranted about in the 70's so I really find it odd whenever someone tells me to shave it.

So I ask you Escapists, whats your view on the chest rug?
Guys, do you shave it? What do you think of the practice?
My view on a chest rug? I can't seem to grow one, and growing one is not on my priority list.

I don't think having hair on your chest is wrong, but I don't think anyone should be as hairy as the wolfman. Besides which, my legs have somehow managed to take all the hair that belonged to my chest and back <.<

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
No. Just, no. Not for me. I'd never even consider dating a guy with a hairy chest. It's my biggest ever turn-off.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
I do not like having a hairy chest myself, but to be fair i also don't like the fact I was born male, and am currently doing everything I can to rectify that issue.
-Tabs<3-

TheJim

Feb 24, 2009
I have a treasure trail and that's it. I like it that way. I work out a shit load so girls like to touch. Hair would detract from the feel of it, I think. But it depends on the girl. My brother looks like a gorilla, and he has had a ridiculous amount of girls/women. Some like it with, some without.

Personally, it doesn't suit me, but it works for some people.

Jim

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
I shave my chest because chest hair feels disgusting when sweaty. And other peoples' chests are not my problem.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Sonicron said:
Eh, I don't have any chest hair and appear to be incapable of growing any. Which is fine, really... never given it much thought, anyway.

Now, as for my beard: It's not coming off. Never ever.
I'm all for shaving/waxing/whatever any other body hair, but if you won't let a man have his beard then go away and leave me be.
*shakes Sonicron's hand*

I applaud you, sir.

I've got a hairy chest and if people don't like it, they can go take a long walk off a short pier.
Over lava.

I live in a country where being hairy isn't very common so I'm used to people's shallow conceptions and obsession with a person's looks having to match the people on tv exactly.
A lot of girls fall victim to this, as well as a lot of men and both situations are disgraceful.

I'm proud to have a hairy chest, but as to people who don't? It really doesn't matter.
Be proud of the bodies you have, people, and look after them.

If a guy with a hairy chest is being told to shave it/wax it by someone he's involved with they should shitcan that person immediately- if they're really into you, it won't matter to them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to trim my moustache for Movember (irl) and be spending the day frightening away bears.

SeventhNight

Sep 15, 2010
Wow this is almost as funny as it is sad to read. Personally, I'm a gal who LOVES guys with body hair. I want someone more manly than me, which these days is getting really hard to find. I want a guy to have hair thick enough I can curl my fingers in it. Chest (treasure trail's a plus), arms, legs, facial, hell I'll let a guy get away with BACK HAIR. Shaved or waxed chests just look unnatural to me, and sometimes accentuate things in a bad way.

Of course, by the same token, I hate shaving myself. I do the pits thing cuz apparently it's socially unacceptable not to, but other than that unless I get annoyed of it, I let the hair on my arms and legs grow out.

POWER TO THE BODY HAIR!!!!

Teh_Dave

Sep 21, 2010
Do people who shave it get chest stubble, that's gotta be one odd 5 0'clock shadow, if and when I get back hair i'm willing to start some grooming, but the chest n beard are staying.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
For me it is diffrent from person to person.
it freaks me out when it is italian guys who are sixty with the gold chain through it. that i can not stand!

I also love how you call it a chest carpet.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I keep my chest and stomach shaved because of how the hair gets pulled so much when I surf.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Silver1Wolf2 said:
Girls... imagine this: shaved chest+shaved groin area= sandpaper sex :p
there is a thing called waxing.
and it's not that bad.
or even laser hair removal thins it out with one treatment. that only hurts when there are multiple hairs growing out of one follicle and ingrowns.

astrav1

Jul 6, 2009
I have some decent hair on my chest. I'm sure by the time I graduate I'll be one masculine looking Gentleman.

Silver1Wolf2

Feb 24, 2008
dex-dex said:
Silver1Wolf2 said:
there is a thing called waxing.
and it's not that bad.
There's a thing called stupidity too, putting one's self through needless pain for a concept is... well basically masochism (I get that some people like surfers ,and people who have to shave because of a hobby or even their job, are forced to do it to either keep doing what they enjoy or their job) and that is never good. I would like to quote one of my ex-girlfriends here "I want a man, not a flat chested girl with a dick." .

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
I don't shave my chest smooth, but I take clippers and trim it down. I hate having chest hair so yeah.

Silver1Wolf2 said:
A tiny bit of aftershave = Problem solved. You might want something non alcoholic for the groin area... Just incase

Teh_Dave said:
Do people who shave it get chest stubble, that's gotta be one odd 5 0'clock shadow, if and when I get back hair i'm willing to start some grooming, but the chest n beard are staying.
Depends on how you shave it. If you shave it with a razor as you would a bread, yeah that can look odd. I just take clippers without any for fo cap (for the length) on it and trim it down low. Doens't look bad actually

ExileNZ said:
Not a big fan of chest hair, but I'm damned if I'm going to pay someone else money to remove it.
As for shaving it? Who could be bothered? I take enough time shaving my face, I'm not going to add to that upkeep by shaving my chest every few days too.

Go with whatever feels natural to you.
I doubt you'd need to shave it every few days, unless you really wanted it to be smooth, which has always looked to weird to me. Funny mental image though

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
My chest hair is nothing special. If I could, I'd grow it to Zangief-like proportions. The only way I'd let a razor near my chest is if I could somehow make my chest hair resemble the shape of a phoenix, or something cool like that.

sogortheogre

Apr 20, 2009
I'm not very hairy. I'm 19, but my facial, arm, leg, and chest hair is very sparse and light colored. The hair on top my head is thick and brown though (and curlier than expected; decided to see what would happen if I just let it grow.).

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
I have some hair which works for me since I'm a bit on the scrawny side.

Also,

Man-o-lantern are dissapoint

Apr 24, 2008
I'm hairy and I'm cool with it. If I were to shave it off, I'd just be giving myself a chore...something that needs maintenance.

Screw that.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Well, it isn't like I'm homosexual, so I really couldn't care less about the amount of chest hair on another male.

I wouldn't want chest hair myself, though(not that I could grow any. Runs in the family) Sweaty hair feels nasty.