Half of Japanese Females Think Virtual Girlfriends Are Superior

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
300 is too low a number for any reliable survey. I'd like to know the full report, not the juicy gossip parts. How old were the girls/women? Where was it taken? (inside a gaming area or in a school? etc)

Japanese girls are cute imo, such a waste. But their country has been having a marriage/relationship crisis for years, this isn't new.

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
Rarhnor said:
It's gonna be easy to pick up chicks in Japan, if that's the case. Who's with me? We'll take 'em all!

Also:
RelexCryo said:
"The girl in a game can?t offer the human warmth a real woman can."
"Cryo slams the cards down, and clean the table"!. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Can't offer the emotional pain either...

But we have prostitutes for all other needs.

Liiizard said:
Freaks. Any man who would choose virtual girlfriends over real ones is a freak, loser, and inferior in every way to other men. No ifs, ands or buts about it. I'm not normally judgmental, I'm all about letting people get off however they want, have whatever kind of relationship with however many people of whatever gender as long as its consensual, but this is sick. No wonder these women hate themselves. No wonder Japan's population is declining. I'm sorry, but this is a trait that you can objectively point to and say, "If the whole of the species adopted it, it would be a form of darwinian suicide. Therefore, it is objectively a bad thing from a practical point of view." If Japan can't get these men to realize how messed up they are, they as a nation deserve the evolutionary extinction that's coming their way.
First, the simple amount of people in Japan mean that it's population could go into decline for decades before this became a problem. Second, you can't use "objective" and "point-of-view" together, that's not how POVs work.

The3rdEye

Mar 19, 2009
marurder said:
300 is too low a number for any reliable survey. I'd like to know the full report, not the juicy gossip parts.
Don said:
Use your brains, christ. I find it so disgustingly hypocritical when the media reports on violence which is bordering sensationlism this website cries its eyes out, yet a survey of 300 people coducted by a piss poor, time sink website is enough for morons to condemn the Japanese population.
Agreed, but then sensationalism sells so media outlets just gobble it up, regardless of their market.

HG131 said:
... Well, let me say this. Japan is the only place with not only a Torture Gameshow, but the only place where a show that includes 13 year olds on conveyor belts... ON STILTS!
Maybe so, but then NA has had some bizarre programming choices as well, again, Japan is just willing to take it further.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA4HzEU3nMc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GX5LrqjaPA&feature=related

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
as far as i can tell its not that the game is any good its just that in recent years the quality of women in japan has taken a severe decline. The average japanese woman it seems is completely money hungry but doesnt want to help work for it causing men to turn to electronics to get their relationship needs satisfied.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Well, if Japanese men don't want them, the women should come and see me. I've always found asian women VERY beautiful.

orangecharger

Nov 13, 2009
Is there an opportunity here to create a game to replace men for women? Oh right, I guess they don't really need to replace us. Interesting and surprising article, though I might be concerned about the validity of the statistic.

gristledemon

Jul 4, 2010
8bitmaster said:
all that means is that the best way to find a girlfriend is go to japan right? Since the males in japan don't want them?
hahaha dude if i were single I would go right now. ahahahahhah this is just too funny. we should start a service like those old mail order brides. ship dateless men to japan. hhhaahahahah Idiocracy at its best.

thanks for the topic.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
What, dont Japanese guys like woman for sex?! Oh wait...! (things about proliferation of yaoi on manga and anime).

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
This is both entirely messed up and amazing. All I can say is good luck men of America! Hope you find yourself a good one over there, they need you. But, I'm with the 7% who said they'd dump their boyfriend if they fell in love with a non-existent bunch of pixels on a tiny touch screen. You got a real woman with real breasts in your face, yet you're going with something that looks like a 10 year old girl, you're fucking creepy.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Yup, that's Japan for you. When I was in Tokyo in 2007 I couldn't believe how technology dependent they are (young people mostly). It's like a whole country full of Apple fans, except they buy all kind of technological stuff for no reason whatsoever. Crazy nation I tell ya, but I love 'em.

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
Speaking as someone who never had an girlfriend, until consoles gets vaginas (which I really, REALLY don't want), im pretty sure that Japanese girls can compete.

Torque669 said:
I wonder if the people think the women die when the DS Runs out of power ...

Rarhnor said:
It's gonna be easy to pick up chicks in Japan, if that's the case. Who's with me? We'll take 'em all!
Im in.
Count me in too.

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
And this is what sexism does (among a great many other things, obviously). Brilliant.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Vitor Goncalves said:
What, dont Japanese guys like woman for sex?! Oh wait...! (things about proliferation of yaoi on manga and anime).
Don't know if you know but the primary audience for Yaoi is teengirls the angle being

"heartache and heartbreak"

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
You people seem to fail to grasp the concept that if so many people are resorting to virtual girlfriends, then the real-life women probably aren't exactly throwing themselves at them in the first place. A bit of a Catch-22:

Chicks shun guys.
Guys go play dating games.
Guys get unreasonably high standards from virtual chicks.
Guys shun chicks.
Chicks further repelled.