Half of Japanese Females Think Virtual Girlfriends Are Superior

Mikester1290

Jun 29, 2010
"This is why the Japanese are trying so hard to make robots, they need something else to have sex with now. But wait... I think there's a threat here.

What will happen once these Japanese men MATE with their robotic wives?? Imagine the horror of a half human half machine offspring. This is the new flesh! Clearly this is just a maniacal scheme to create a superior race of cybernetic and emotionally stunted supermen! Soon these robot nerds will crawl out of their parents basement and begin their slow conquest of the world! ALL FEAR JAPAN!!"

YEP, anyone watched the new Battlestar Galactica, check out them Cylons, daaaayyyum! I'd like one, (If they weren't evil mega psycho bitches, but we could patch that out)

therookie95

Nov 18, 2009
BlueHighwind said:
This is why the Japanese are trying so hard to make robots, they need something else to have sex with now. But wait... I think there's a threat here.

What will happen once these Japanese men MATE with their robotic wives?? Imagine the horror of a half human half machine offspring. This is the new flesh! Clearly this is just a maniacal scheme to create a superior race of cybernetic and emotionally stunted supermen! Soon these robot nerds will crawl out of their parents basement and begin their slow conquest of the world! ALL FEAR JAPAN!!
If thats the case then we better pull the women out of there faster and bring them to the saftey of our companionship

but really I can't believe that a man could be so cruel to his women, its just kinda sad picking a dating sim over an actual girl.

Krunkcity3000

Mar 12, 2008
Holy Shit it feels great to know that, no matter how much of a lame ass nerd I have any hope of becoming the Japanese have me beat.

Are u serious?! A generation of japanese women with REAL vaginas feel inferior to a video game genre because their boyfriends are playing house with their DS's and PSPs.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
It is possible that Japan's culture is, to some extent, responsible for this. I've heard that Japan is suffering from low birth rates because married couples (and even unmarried couples) just aren't having any sex. It might be that the popularity of dating sim games among Japanese men is a symptom of a much greater cultural malady.

But it's more likely that this is just evidence that humanity is, if not doomed, going to go through some serious changes the second realistic virtual sex becomes affordable to the layperson.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Wait! If they release a date Edward Cullen, or Date Jacob...something or other... version to the United States, do you know how much they could cash in on? Why has no one done this?

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Guess the obvious move for nintendo would be to include a flesh-light port in their next version of the DS then...

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
That's disturbing. They aren't real, you can't even touch them. They don't care about you.. They aren't sentient. And beyond that, how can the confines of game programming keep you interested for any real length of time? I mean damn, even the best games are only good for so long..

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
HG131 said:
Not stupid? Maybe. Insane? Well, let me say this. Japan is the only place with not only a Torture Gameshow, but the only place where a show that includes 13 year olds on conveyor belts... ON STILTS!
I saw that torture game show once. It was awesome.

http://videosift.com/video/Chris-Farley-Japanese-Game-Show

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Baron Khaine said:
8bitmaster said:
all that means is that the best way to find a girlfriend is go to japan right? Since the males in japan don't want them?
Time to find myself a job in Japan me thinks.
Be careful! I assume most of us here on the escapist have some degree of individuality. Unless you supress that completely in Japan, I think most of the women there would be ashamed to hook up with you. Both a book I read on Japanese culture and a friend of mine who spent 3 years in Japan, indicated that you must either keep your head down or stand out as an ugly smear in Japanese society. Maybe I said too much. I know you were most likely kidding.

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008
sageoftruth said:
Be careful! I assume most of us here on the escapist have some degree of individuality. Unless you supress that completely in Japan, I think most of the women there would be ashamed to hook up with you. Both a book I read on Japanese culture and a friend of mine who spent 3 years in Japan, indicated that you must either keep your head down or stand out as an ugly smear in Japanese society. Maybe I said too much. I know you were most likely kidding.
Luckily the rule you're talking about doesn't apply to foreigners (because we already stand out). As long as you don't look Japanese you're good to go.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Why does it seem to me that strange stuff like these, always seem to happen in japan.

May 1, 2010
I'm curious whether anyone is aware of the tricks of the media, to generate traffic and attention.

300 people is hardly an accurate cross section of the whole of Japan (which seems to be the general assumption running here), and is most likely a biased reference anyway.

If I want into a council estate and asked 300 people whether they have jobs would 90% of them saying 'no' mean 90% unemployment rates across the country?

If I went into a gym and asked 300 attendees whether they work out, would that mean 100% of the country does?

Use your brains, christ. I find it so disgustingly hypocritical when the media reports on violence which is bordering sensationlism this website cries its eyes out, yet a survey of 300 people coducted by a piss poor, time sink website is enough for morons to condemn the Japanese population.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
I thought there was a movie about this. Y'know, that one plot about choosing real people over fake ones because that's where feelings actually exist or something like that.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
Actually you know what? Screw the emp. *Gets my stash of arms and grabs out my best shotgun* Who's ready to go with me to Japan and fix this. Guns Blazing.