Halo 3, PS2 Ads Make "25 Most Epic Ads" List

HandsomeJack

Jul 17, 2009
I dont watch TV, so I never saw the adds when they origionally aired...never played the game...but WOW...they really nailed it. Oh, and the old spice one was priceless.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Say what you will about halo, but they always make amazing ads, ODST is by far the best one in my book.

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
While I loved the Believe Campaign the Halo 3 Superbowl Commercial was great as well

And the ODST trailer was infinitely greater

I mean say what you will about Halo, but their advertising campaigns ROCK

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
With that final believe ad, I think it safe to say that story telling set in the Halo universe works best when somebody else besides the people at Bungie are writing it (I.E. the people that worked on Homecoming and the Duel, as well as the advertising department that did that ad).
Haha not to mention the guys that wrote the novels.

Energylegzz

May 13, 2009
The Halo Commercials are insanely good, When the hell will I get my Live Action Halo movie?! hopefully before the world ends.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
How did a Kevin Butler ad not make the list? I'm disappointed in this list now.

bobknowsall

Aug 21, 2009
Despite my indifference to the Halo franchise, I must admit that those ads are stunning pieces of work. The ODST trailer was very impressive too. The "Birth of a Spartan" spot for Reach was disappointing in comparison, though.

hansari

May 31, 2009
[Cold-Shoulder said:
The old spice commercial is brilliance just over 30 seconds...whoever did it deserves a huge payraise and to go three tiers up in advertising...

Anyway...not as deserving, but this one still makes me smile...

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
I can only assume that "The Man Your Man Could Smell Like" was not included only because it's too recent to have gotten on the initial list of possible choices.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Still think the best line to come out of the Halo commercials was "No Soldier should be honored for doing what is expected" :D

Shynobee

Apr 16, 2009
Heh, Just finished the "believe ads" and realized that Alistair from Dragon Age is the Narrator. Kinda funny.

OT: both were very Epic ads indeed.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Nice to see games getting proper marketing, with a bit of style and class. I don't think those "Believe" ads were ever shown in Australia though. I've seen the Mountain one, and I thought it was pretty cool.

I'm partial to the Carlton Draught one personally. Must be an Aussie thing.

Incidentally, second place on the list, Carousel, shows a bunch of thieves in clown suits having a showdown with police and SWAT at a bank while time is stopped. It's obviously American, and I've never seen it before. What's it advertising, exactly?

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009

I know this ad can't be featured, but damn it, if it isn't the greatest star wars ad ever.