Halo Gets Absurd Again with Reach Legendary Edition

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Good heavens! That is quite a sleek looking package. Although I'm not totally insane about Halo, I will probably be picking up Halo : Reach, but depending on how the disposable income goes by them, I may try and acquire this.

The Bioshock 2 collectors edition has given me a taste for ridiculously oversized special editions, after all.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Oh hello Temptation! Fancy meeting you here! What's that? A new Halo Legendary Edition? Well, I think I'll--- Holy... I mean...

I'm sorry, I'm off to EB Games now. Bye everyone!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Lol "for a mere bag of shells more". I still can't believe people drop this kind of cash for worthless crap. The game is really the only thing the buyer will care about after the first five minutes.

GL2814E

Feb 16, 2010
I have to say, I am not a Halo fanboy and this does look pretty cool. Wouldn't shell out that much money for any game, but its still neat.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
Irridium said:
Looks awesome. Will probably get the Limited Edition like I did with Halo 3 though.

And for all you really lazy people, here's the vid:

Needless to say, it looks awesome as all hell.
One thing I always liked about Bungie, they really seem to know how to connect to their fanbase.

I don't know if I will be getting the Legendary or not. I will have to think about it.

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
I want it just for the 2 sets of extra armor.....that statue is just a plus... oh and the game is a big plus to lol..must have..hope it isn't that limited of a quantity as i wont be able to pre-order for awhile

Ctrl Alt 1337

Mar 28, 2009
I'm disappointed with you guys. What are you going to do with those shiny gimmicks other than letting them collect dust? With the cost of the legendary edition, you could buy two games, which would be much more fun IMO.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Say what you will about Halo. When it comes to merchandising, they know what the fuck they're doing.

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
while that statue looks pretty damn sweet the starcraft2 CE gives more stuff for less money, i just don't think piece of decor for my room that will just collect dust is worth another $90, still looks awesome though

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
No thanks. I haven't played a Halo game for more than 3 hours total since Halo on PC (and even then, I didn't get too into it), and I don't plan to start. My experience with this game will be limited to booze fueled evenings of gaming at some other person's house.

Although I'll admit, if they released a legendary edition of some game in which I was actually really interested (a new Zelda, for example), I'd be all over it. I can understand the allure of the limited edition packaging, the statue and such, and although it's pricey, I understand how it's worth it to some.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I'll probably wait for the price to drop on the game and buy it at $40 or so. I got a special edition twice before and only one of those was good.

CyberKnight

Jan 29, 2009
That, is a cool statue.

Not a bad price on the "Limited" edition for what you get, though. I'll probably get that.

Although I'll have that little voice in the back of my head telling me I'm missing out on the "Spartan armor effect". *sigh* I'm such a content whore...