Hands-On: Homefront Multiplayer

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
John Funk said:
Autofaux said:
Another credit unlock system for weapons? Really?

*sigh* as long as it isn't as simplistically implemented as Black Ops.
No, you unlock new gear as you level up normally. The credits are an in-game thing and do not persist between rounds.
See, that sounds a helluva lot better.

Freyar

Solar Empire General
May 9, 2008
I'm mildly confused. A tank, humvee, or Apache spawns right when you select it? What if you use it while under fire? Do you just.. teleport or disappear? Does the tank fall right on top of you like a poorly made air drop? Does your body stay in it's place while the tank does it's work with your controls?

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
WanderFreak said:
Wait, so... the spiritual follow-up to Freedom Fighters actually might be... awesome?

Well this is just--oh dear I seem to have soiled myself in anticipation.

WANT! WANT NOW! YOU GIVE ME!
My goodness, Freedom Fighters? I loved that game when it came out years ago, I had almost completely forgotten about it. Such amazingly fond memories of that game.

As for the thread, the BP sounds alright, but just like Star Wars Battlefront, but the BC sounds very well done. I was on the fence about this game, but I'm sold now. So far they've done much better than I originally thought they would when I first heard the game and their first time showing off.

Freedom Fighters... and Wolverines!

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
John Funk said:
Also, I was awesome enough at flying the recon drones to earn a five-star rating - and won a real-life RC replica of the quadrotor of my very own from THQ (still waiting for it in the mail, guys). Just putting that out there. Yeah, I'm pretty awesome.
You lucky bastard! x]

I am really looking forward to this game, and I really hope it's going to live up to my expectations.
There's a lot of awesome games coming out this year. So many that I don't think that I've got money enough for them all; Bulletstorm, Homefront, Duke Nukem Forever, Gears 3 and many many more. D:

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Dammit...just a few minutes ago i posted on a thread that i wasn't very sure that the game would be good...
And now you come and hype me all up. Thanks...
Seems a really interesting thing: i can only imagine the awesome feeling when you know every single member of the other team is after you, and you're STILL alive (/not a Portal reference, dammit!). IF you get that far.

At first i was concerned that when good players would get tanks and better stuff, they would destroy the weaker players. But now it seems different. But still, i can't let myself get too hyped, because making a awesome multiplayer is a really, really hard task.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
HK_01 said:
Even if this game turns out to technically be the best shooter ever, I think I would still be unable to play it without constantly facepalming at the very idea of North Korea invading the United States. That or I just giggle all the time while playing it.
Is it just me or does anyone else facepalm when they hear this comment on EVERY homefront thread?

OT:

Sounds rather fun, they could have kept the system that battlefield had and then given bp for say, loading up a chopper with passengers, that would have worked too without restricting the start of battles to infantry

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
dogstile said:
HK_01 said:
Even if this game turns out to technically be the best shooter ever, I think I would still be unable to play it without constantly facepalming at the very idea of North Korea invading the United States. That or I just giggle all the time while playing it.
Is it just me or does anyone else facepalm when they hear this comment on EVERY homefront thread?

OT:

Sounds rather fun, they could have kept the system that battlefield had and then given bp for say, loading up a chopper with passengers, that would have worked too without restricting the start of battles to infantry
Yeah but most of those passengers would probably want to fly the chopper not just sit in it, they might just not want to, plus if everyone on the chopper got bp then it sounds rather easy to abuse it for easy bp

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
The_Blue_Rider said:
dogstile said:
HK_01 said:

OT:

Yeah but most of those passengers would probably want to fly the chopper not just sit in it, they might just not want to, plus if everyone on the chopper got bp then it sounds rather easy to abuse it for easy bp
Not everyone, just the pilot. One set of bp per person per life.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
dogstile said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
dogstile said:
HK_01 said:

OT:

Okay then, but whats the incentive for everyone else to get in the chopper though?

starhaven

Jan 24, 2010
Ironic Pirate said:
HK_01 said:
John Funk said:
HK_01 said:
To its credit, the game sets it up plausibly. It isn't just the single country of North Korea that's invading, it's the entire "Greater Korean Republic," i.e. North Korea which has conquered much of eastern Asia, like Japan circa World War II. And the America of 2026 has been badly crippled economically and resource-wise. So while the idea itself is laughable, they sell it well, if that makes sense.
The very idea of North Korea beating South Korea seems implausible to me, let alone Japan. And I really doubt China and Russia would just sit there and watch, they'd probably crush NK if it did anything dumb.
I think they take over SK by assassinating their leader, or something. And then they all give up because writers are expensive, and all the budget went to the gameplay because NK has mind controlling genies, but (like Vampires) they can't cross water, which is why they didn't use them on America as well. This also explains why many US allies don't join in.

Britain is probably busy fighting the dragons NK has been breeding for decades, and Canada is being suppressed by Genetically altered Mega-bears. Australia is already full of dangerous animals, so NK just had to double their size. They must have run out of magic juice, and had to invade the US by normal means. With enough Space Wizards, it could be done.

See, it's possible, you just have to read between the lines.

Lines of cocaine, maybe...

loved it and i think this multi player sounds fun i would always hunt that guy down

but come on guys its a game its not ment to be realistic

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
starhaven said:
Ironic Pirate said:
HK_01 said:
John Funk said:
HK_01 said:
To its credit, the game sets it up plausibly. It isn't just the single country of North Korea that's invading, it's the entire "Greater Korean Republic," i.e. North Korea which has conquered much of eastern Asia, like Japan circa World War II. And the America of 2026 has been badly crippled economically and resource-wise. So while the idea itself is laughable, they sell it well, if that makes sense.
The very idea of North Korea beating South Korea seems implausible to me, let alone Japan. And I really doubt China and Russia would just sit there and watch, they'd probably crush NK if it did anything dumb.
I think they take over SK by assassinating their leader, or something. And then they all give up because writers are expensive, and all the budget went to the gameplay because NK has mind controlling genies, but (like Vampires) they can't cross water, which is why they didn't use them on America as well. This also explains why many US allies don't join in.

Britain is probably busy fighting the dragons NK has been breeding for decades, and Canada is being suppressed by Genetically altered Mega-bears. Australia is already full of dangerous animals, so NK just had to double their size. They must have run out of magic juice, and had to invade the US by normal means. With enough Space Wizards, it could be done.

See, it's possible, you just have to read between the lines.

Lines of cocaine, maybe...

loved it and i think this multi player sounds fun i would always hunt that guy down

but come on guys its a game its not ment to be realistic
I know, it's just fun to make fun of it. And besides, of all the countries with the motive, NK is one of more powerful. It's also a very safe target, no one is dying in a war against them. The whole point of the game is that your home land is being invaded, what country doesn't really matter.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
The_Blue_Rider said:
dogstile said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
dogstile said:
HK_01 said:

OT:

Okay then, but whats the incentive for everyone else to get in the chopper though?
Transport and bp for being on it if someone else on it gets a kill would be a good idea I think. I'm too tired right now to think properly.

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
I'm a touch unsure how the experience/BP system works.

From the way I understand it, you get to choose from your persisting unlocks from normal leveling up, way more items than you can use at one time, usually non-combative items like armor and a choice vehicle(s).

In game you only get a few basics (your guns) from your load-out, but upon gathering these BP you can unlock the extra items in your load-out in the order you want. Once the match completes your BP resets for the next one.

Is this correct? Would appreciate clarification if not.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Was gonna preorder this but I'm tired of gaming companies taking microsoft's money withholding DLC from PS3 and basically giving a big fuck you to PS3 gamers that go out and buy there game full price just like 360 owners do.

superline51

Nov 18, 2009
John Funk said:
Hands-On: Homefront Multiplayer

The war comes home, and it?s bringing a freakin? tank with it.

Read Full Article
Just out of curiosity, is the RC you won the same one that was in the video yall did flying the helicopter around the office?