Hands-On: Homefront Multiplayer

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
God help me.

That actually sounds pretty good.

Possibly even good enough for me to get over the whole, "No really, the Americans are the tenacious underdogs" theme.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
I'm not sold on this point system. I really hate the thought of having to earn and purchase all my equipment mid round every single match. The tanks I can kind of understand though this may cause the problem of all enemies in vehicles and your team has none, but really? Even something as basic as body armor? I hope I don't also have to pay for better guns and start with a pistol, otherwise every match will probably be won by whoever kills the most in the frst ten seconds, because then you'll have a pistol and he has a tank, and you won't be able to get tank level points because you'll be too busy being run over every time you spawn to get any.

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
32 players is NOT large scale.

I am so tired of this shit. PlanetSide had MASSIVE battles in which dozens of people could be on your SCREEN at one time; and hundreds in the battle. THAT WAS IN 2004! PROGRESS WTF?

You asked for a miracle, Theo, I give you the xbawks 360... holding back progress since 2005.

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
I really am disgusted.

We used to run 32 player custom servers in FEAR Team Death Match in 2006... on cramped indoor maps.

It blows my mind that in twenty-freakin-eleven... we're still in the same place we were because the single biggest piece of gaming technology in an American household is a relative dinosaur turning six years old this year.

2006 really was the end of progress in MP shooters and it just makes me upset to be so disinterested in something "new," because we've been there and done that YEARS ago.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
John Funk said:
it strikes a nice balance between the customizable loadouts of Call of Duty and the buy-your-weapons-every-round of CounterStrike.
...and the exactly-the-same-system of Crysis Wars.