Hands-on Preview: Jurassic Park

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Great, just great... They had to do it... They just had to... Now I'm going to have to clear my hard drive space because this game... this game... SOUND AWESOME!!!! how long until its released?... HOW LONG!!!!!!!.

Also, I've got money on the Triceratops winning that battle... You don't fuck with a Triceratops.

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
Is Jeff Goldblum in it? What about Sammy Jackson? George Costanza? If there is no Sam Neil, I'm not getting it.

darthricardo

May 7, 2010
Okay, so I was honestly not expecting this. I think this is the first thing I've seen of Jurassic Park for... what, 7 years? 6 maybe? So yeah, that was kind of out of the blue for me. Weird.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
darthricardo said:
Okay, so I was honestly not expecting this. I think this is the first thing I've seen of Jurassic Park for... what, 7 years? 6 maybe? So yeah, that was kind of out of the blue for me. Weird.
Must've been a package deal with licensing or something. This was originally announced about the same time Telltale announced it was working on a Back to the Future game. (Which is currently on it's second episode)

As for this not working so well on PC due to the controls... Use an Xbox controller? They all have PC drivers available... XD (Yeah, I know. That won't help if they change the coding behind the control scheme. But you know what I'm getting at, I'm sure. ;p)

Nexus4

Jul 13, 2010
"press certain buttons to A) honk the horn Y) flick the headlights or R3) check the glove box for the code." Didn't know the xbox controller had an R3 button.

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
This is sounding good, it's been far too long since there was a good dinosaur game (or anything else for that matter). And finally a game with a vet as the main character showing just how awsome our profession can be!

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
I really hope that this comes out on the XBLA, or I am going to be sorely disappointed.I am not the hugest fan of QTEs, but I don't mind them at all if they are used well, and from the sounds of it this game makes them work very well indeed. Couple that with the fact that it's a Jurassic Park game, and I'm already sold on the idea

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I always like that Jurrasic Park light gun arcade game, and the snes game version of the movie. The Megadrive version looked nice, but felt weak in comparison.

A Quicktime game based off JP doesnt really sound all that good, but hey, maybe it will turn out halfway decent.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
jamradar said:
Open up a door.
Get on the floor.
Everybody walk the dinosaur.
Made my day...

OT: Can't wait to pick this up, last Jurassic Park game i had was Operation Genesis

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
Zom-B said:
personally, one play through of Heavy Rain was more than enough for me. i'd never give it a second go 'round. that being said, if this new JP game has controls inspired by or too similar to Heavy Rain, i'll give it a miss. for Heavy Rain, the story was compelling, but was really marred by hours and hours of absolutely boring gameplay. i'd hate to see Jurassic Park suffer from the same fate.
I am with you!

I want a GAME and not an interactive Movie / Quicktime Events!

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Nexus4 said:
"press certain buttons to A) honk the horn Y) flick the headlights or R3) check the glove box for the code." Didn't know the xbox controller had an R3 button.
That's what they call pressing the right analog stick.

Fanitullen

Nov 7, 2008
I would love a new Jurassic Park game, but a quick-time event starring Sarah Harding? Sounds horrible. She was annoying enough in the movie.

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like a browser-based flash-game? Dodge the dinosaurs, free/squish the annoying future biologist.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Sounds... meh. Didn't really enjoy Heavy Rain. I'd rather see another Operation Genesis. Can't we have THAT?

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Verkula said:
What the hell is Sarah doing on the Island? You would think she would tell that to Malcolm in the second movie or book, where she actually encounters dinosaurs for the first time...makes no sense.
Fanitullen said:
I would love a new Jurassic Park game, but a quick-time event starring Sarah Harding? Sounds horrible. She was annoying enough in the movie.
Sorry guys, I was wrong. The teenage daughter isn't a young Sarah, but a new character named Ness. Corrected in the text.

Yeah, I didn't understand how she got so old to be played by Julianne Moore later in the timeline...

MarxII

Feb 19, 2011
Here I will be the very face of nitpicking and point out that any wounded speaker of Spanish found on the island would very likely be Costa Rican, and not a Spaniard. Otherwise a very nice article.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I'm definitely looking forward to this game. I'm hoping that my local EB gets it in (despite their tiny corner of PC games, a literal corner.) or it pops up on Steam.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
QTE based? It sounds like a piece a shit. A Jurassic Park game could be awesome, too. There's a TON of stuff you could do in that universe. They chose Heavy Rain as inspiration? I am disappoint indeed.