Hands-On: Transformers: War for Cybertron

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
This game will be the most awesomest game evar, if it all works out. I love how the transformers look how they should: Solid pieces of vehicle in the robot, not some insectoid see-through stiltwalker.

Transformers was my past, now it shall be my future again.

Big Max

Aug 29, 2009
Deofuta said:
Not going to lie, the scientist class sounds perfect. We get to put down turrets, heal, and flyyyy!?!?!?!?!?!
A man after my own heart!

OT: This game looks incredible. At first I had put this down as a crappy move tie-in, but after reading about it, seems like a must buy!

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
I am soooo excited for this game! Multiplayer sounds brilliant, and I've played the other transformers games but they were terrible.
I'm glad this plays well, because I used to watch the cartoon when I was younger and loved it.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I would like to hug/shakes hands with/fist pound/high five (depending on personal taste) every person making that game. Optimus Prime will be awesome again... It feels like the world got lighter.

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
Well im sure shocked at how good this game looks, I will be certainly buying this and it will hopefully provide Optimum gameplay. though I gotta say I will be devastated if it fails to reach my expectations. but it looks like im going to have to hound my mum for the money to get this I hope she won't be a slag about it.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
This game has been on my 'must buy' list for so long now.

Plus, Peter Cullen's voice makes me wet myself. Every time.

Angelcraft

Apr 15, 2010
GLo Jones said:
This game has been on my 'must buy' list for so long now.

Plus, Peter Cullen's voice makes me wet myself. Every time.
Me too. In fact, his voice is the only reason I can even stand the Bay movies. The game should be an orgasm for the eyes and fingers for all Transformers fans. Maybe we will even get character selects that have several characters. Maybe even devestator shows up. THE REAL ONE THAT IS.

SW15243

Jul 15, 2009
The game supports 3 person cooperative campaign.
Is that local as well, or just online, or what?

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
This actually looks pretty solid. Still, I remember a very good Transformer's game on the PS2. Not a movie tie-in, it came before the movies. Anyone else remember that?

Jun 3, 2010
I just want to see the customization at this point, other than that this game looks orgasmic.

P.S. I want Peter Cullen to narrate when my child is born. "Its a boy!"
"Now, ROLL OUT."

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
Games looks like a lot of fun and Co-op game play really excites me I want a game I can play with my friends not against.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
All I can say it, hell yeah, it's about time!

I have been waiting ever since this was announced, it's not often I get hyped up because I'm careful about it, I'm glad to see I seem to be right.

It's great to see ENERGON plays a role in this, because it has always been something they fought over, plus seeing Soundwave do his energon cube thing was awesome.

x -- A L P H A prime said:
I want Peter Cullen to narrate when my child is born. "Its a boy!"
"Now, ROLL OUT."
You're going to be an awesome parent XD

theflyingpeanut said:
This actually looks pretty solid. Still, I remember a very good Transformer's game on the PS2. Not a movie tie-in, it came before the movies. Anyone else remember that?
Yup, the Armada game, I got it, been playing through it recently.

Jun 3, 2010
chozo_hybrid said:
All I can say it, hell yeah, it's about time!

I have been waiting ever since this was announced, it's not often I get hyped up because I'm careful about it, I'm glad to see I seem to be right.

It's great to see ENERGON plays a role in this, because it has always been something they fought over, plus seeing Soundwave do his energon cube thing was awesome.

x -- A L P H A prime said:
I want Peter Cullen to narrate when my child is born. "Its a boy!"
"Now, ROLL OUT."
You're going to be an awesome parent XD

theflyingpeanut said:
Yup, the Armada game, I got it, been playing through it recently.
xD
Its the one thing i've been thinking of ever since I first heard Optimus speak.
All I need now is to get a friend with a decepticon baby

And peanut, I remember that game. I personally thought it was good.
Maybe its just because they're movie tie ins that they suck. Because ALL if not most movie tie in games blow.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Yay! Someone who knows what to do with a franchise!

Now stop posting news! I need to go to sleep!

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I'm getting quite interesting in this game now. But can someone tell me, am I allowed to get this if I'm not a serious Transformers fan? I feel like bits of it are going to be lost on me...

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
latenightapplepie said:
I'm getting quite interesting in this game now. But can someone tell me, am I allowed to get this if I'm not a serious Transformers fan? I feel like bits of it are going to be lost on me...
You're worried you might struggle to understand the appeal of transforming humanoid robots blowing the crap out of each other with massively awesome guns?

Feel free to buy it. I won't hate you. Much.

Edit: yeah, it looks badass. They've really talked up having the right "feel" and "weight" to the gameplay, which means they've got a clue. That, plus the obvious reverence for the license, means it has the potential to be amazing.