Hardest and Easiest Ocarina of Time Temple?

ajofflight

Jun 5, 2010
For me, the fire temple was the hardest (friggin' roll-jumps). That, and the annoying vulnerabilities of the enemies in the forest temple PO'd me BIG TIME. The easiest I'd have to say would be (on the first play) shadow temple, and on the second playthrough, the spirit temple.

tonguetied

Jun 19, 2011
I always remember the Shadow Temple being the hardest.

Although everyone seems to think the water temple was the hardest, I never had much of a problem with it. I mean, it's not easy, but it's by no means the nightmare everyone makes it out to be.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Deku Tree is easiest, of course, but I don't know what you mean by "hard".
When it's time-taking, Water Temple, of course.
When it's minibosses, Water Temple.
When it's level danger, Shadow Temple.

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
Well, waste temple always seems to be the hardest for some reason, the rest are all on a par for me though. If I had to pick an easiest, I'd say the desert/sand temple, Though getting to it was a nightmare XD

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Easiest: Ganon's Castle. The final dungeons in most Zelda games tend to be the easiest as they are usually quite combat-centric as opposed to being composed of labyrinthine puzzles, which usually take longer to solve and rattle the brain more.
Hardest: Shadow Temple, cuz' I'm always afraid of running out of juice with the lens of truth and there are a large number of enemies capable of transporting you back to a prior point in the temple.

Feste the Jester

Jul 10, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
How did you guys find the Water Temple in TP?
I actually had a lot of trouble with that one. I even checked online because I was stuck for so long that. That just confused me more. I ended up beating by just walking around randomly.

OT: Deku's Tree is the easiest and everyone's pretty much covered what the hardest one was.

Mechanix

Dec 12, 2009
Hardest was Water Temple obviously, but close second was Jabu Jabu's Belly.

Easiest was Great Deku Tree, but that's to be expected since it was the first dungeon. So second would be Spirit Temple probably.

EDIT: Actually, I think the Water Temple wasn't really the hardest, maybe just the most annoying. I've never been a fan of water environments to begin with, that's probably the reason.

Also, I think the Majora's Mask Temples were MUCH more difficult.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Xman490 said:
Deku Tree is easiest, of course, but I don't know what you mean by "hard".
When it's time-taking, Water Temple, of course.
WHAT?
The Spirit Temple takes SEVEN YEARS to complete!
/joke rage

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
The first was by far the easiest. But for me the hardest had to have been the shadow temple, it really spooked me as a kid and those giant falling blades were a pain. I never had a problem with the water temple, but I can see how people got confused and lost in it.

I've been meaning to try out the OoT Master Quest just to see the changes made to it to make the game more difficult.
SuperMse said:
there are a large number of enemies capable of transporting you back to a prior point in the temple.
Like this fucker?

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
Hardest/Longest: Fire Temple (Mainly cause it took ages to find the last Key i needed)
Easiest: Spirit Temple/Shadow Temple

Everything in between was basicly the middle ground, not extremely challenging or the like.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I don't think the Water Temple was hard. It was just long. I don't like the Shadow Temple since the only memories of it was crying when I was a little kid. (We didn't know you could use arrows on the boss's eye so we attacked with a sword...It's kinda hard).

Majora's Mask takes the cup for temple difficulty. I'm not sure if I want to beat Stonehead again...

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Toriver said:
Hardest: Water Temple. As was mentioned earlier, more tedious than actually difficult, but damn, that last small key...

Easiest: Spirit Temple. Or at least it always seemed like a cake walk to me because I would always do it right after the Water Temple. Getting through Gerudo Valley to get there is harder than the temple itself. Though I have an interesting question. After the Water Temple, you're basically left to figure out for yourself where to go next. Are you officially "supposed" to do one of the Spirit and Shadow temples before the other, or is the order meant to be flexible?
I'm pretty sure you need to do the Shadow temple first. As the Lens of Truth is required to get through the Desert leading to the Spirit Temple. Unless you somehow memorize the path you need to go to get there.

Also, doesn't Navi tell you where to go next after each temple?

EDIT: Actually wait, never mind. You get the Lens of Truth in the well. So you can technically do the Spirit Temple BEFORE the Shadow Temple.

Sep 14, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
Which temples in Ocarina Of Time did you find the hardest and easiest?

The hardest for me was The Water Temple, with the Forest Temple a close second.

Spirit and Fire Temples were really easy.

agree with all your choices

forest temple was a pain in the butt...and i did not like the music there at all...

and water temple is THE water temple so yeah..hardest based on its title alone

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
Deku - tutorial level.
Dodongo - Just long to get done.
Jabu - I always get lost in the lower levels. Otherwise pretty easy.
Forest - Kind of a maze to navigate, but boss is fun.
Fire - Easy but floor is lava, and falling down the main shaft is a pain to climb back up. Boss is pretty challenging.
Ice caves - Annoying to hell.
Water - Very annoying to navigate. Best mini-boss (dark link). Boss is boring.
Well - Annoying.
Shadow - Meh. Its an easy one imho. Bongo bongo is easy to beat.
Spirit - Kid phase is meh, adult phase is funnier. Boss is fun too.
Ganondork - Just too long and annoying to beat, not much fun.

I would say that the hardest is the fire temple (not by much) since the temple is very hostile, the boss hurt like hell ( he does 4 damage is he land a hit), the miniboss is annoying and in general the temple is just very long to beat.

The easiest? Dunno. They are all easy in a way.

pyrrhic victory

Jun 9, 2011
Hardest: Bottom of Satan's Evil Goddamned Impossible Well. After several times playing OoT, I have never stayed longer than the Lens of Truth, excluding one occasion when I collected 100/100 gold skulltulas upon my sister's insistence (read: challenge accepted).

Easiest: Great Deku Tree

IMO, Water Temple was nowhere near as difficult as the Great Bay Temple in Majora's Mask. That time where you were spinning around in the water and there were enemies kicked my ass.

Arafiro

Mar 26, 2010
Probably the water temple, although it just required a lot of thinking.
Although, for some reason I always stop playing for awhile at the Spirit Temple, so maybe it's that one?

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Forest Temple, I quit on this one back in the day and started playing the Master Quest version (I had the Game Cube pre-order disk). I got all the way through Master Quest without a problem, eventually I came back to OoT Prime and got through it. Anyway, guess which dungeon I'm on now in the remake?

I have to second/third/whatever the notion that Majora's Mask had the hardest dungeons. I couldn't get through the third one, but I loved the game. After I beat Ocarina of Time 3D, I'm going back to Majora's Mask (Or I'll replay Link's Awakening first, those two are eerily similar).

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
Hardest: Temple of Time. Took me FOREVER to figure that one out.
Easiest: Water Temple. Got through it so quickly.

Haha.

pyrrhic victory

Jun 9, 2011
ServebotFrank said:
Great Bay Temple is where I usually stop playing which sucks considering I love Majora's Mask way more then Ocarina.
Yeah, same here. However, something I've noticed is that just jumping into Majora's Mask is pretty much impossible: I played it for about two hours just trying to get into some boss fights so I can play as Fierce Deity (from a save file which had already finished the game), and I had forgotten most of the processes required to enter the dungeons; for example, I didn't remember that you needed to use the "Elegy of Emptiness" to succeed during the Stone Tower Temple, something I discovered long after my only opportunity to replay Majora's Mask.

Perhaps this is because I've truly only completed Majora's Mask once.

[/rant]

Anyway, I agree that Majora's Mask is of higher quality. Something I find relevant: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_304/8840-Play-It-Again

TheLoneBeet said:
Hardest: Temple of Time. Took me FOREVER to figure that one out.
Nice one. :)