Hardest Moment in Gaming that you have managed?

mmins

Aug 22, 2011
Well, multiplayer wise, I wanted to get first place in a gun-game round in CS:S, and I did.
Singleplayer wise, Ace Combat 2. The ending was ridiculousness. I mean you had to fly a plane without a analogue stick into a really small corridor and blow some missile up without even scraping any part of your plane.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
The final mission on Legendary in Halo 3. I don't know why, but I had so much trouble dealing with the damn flood. There was never any moderate amount of ammo and the fuckers would drain my shields so fast. Took about 2 hours for me to do.

Goldeneye 007, Aztec Mission, 00 Agent. Any more than a few slight errors in that mission would mean restarting.

Also...

Yosharian said:
Completing N (http://www.metanetsoftware.com/). Very satisfying and pointless.

This. Especially the level 88-4. If any has played this game, they would know exactly what I'm talking about.

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
Demon's Souls, in that tower with all of the fucking octopus men. It wasn't too terribly difficult once you figured a good strategy for them (i.e. use fucking magic or arrows), but the fact that I was a melee based character and that they could paralyze you and pretty much kill you in 1-2 hits was fucking annoying as hell.

Ironically, the bosses in that world weren't that hard at all.

Now I want Dark Souls...

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Secret boss in Super Mario RPG, lots of Final Fantasy Bosses (teh secret ones), but my most proud moment was from my favourite game...

All the odds were against the Doctor... has he drove his vehicle through the forest bringing one strider down at a time, to save the silo, and mankind only hope of survival...

Against all odds, with combines, striders, hunters... everything against him... one lonesome doctor set foor to free them all...

All hail the crowbar master!! Savior of Mankind!!

Foxblade618

Apr 27, 2011
Final boss fight in Fatal Frame 3...not because of its epicness, simply because of its sheer, unforgiving difficulty. To hell with that blue lady and her cheap trickery. Took 29 tries, alternating with a buddy.

arealperson

Oct 1, 2009
The_Waspman said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Beat Uncharted 2 on Crushing difficulty.

The game was just unfair. You couldn't hold much ammo, any 'action' moment (no stealth) always took at the very least five tries, those FUCKING bullet sponge shotgunners, and all the explosions.
Uncharted 2 on Crushing is piss easy compared to the first one. There are some sections in that (chapter six, oh dear god chapter six!) which are literally impossible without using exploits.
Funny enough, I beat that in high-speed mode, but I consider the difficulty of it only on par with Veteran CoD. If CoD wasn't so generous with the checkpoints, it would be harder with the AI's cheap aim.

I've beaten all of the Megaman games in hard on the Anniversary Collection, but no self imposed challenges like some of you true masochists.

I consider the StarCraft campaign pretty darn hard considering the lack of a difficulty choice.

That last Prototype boss was certainly hard, but more annoying, than anything. He was just so dang fast, and they placed all of those torpedoes around the deck to confuse you into believing they were actually of any dang use.

Unleashed was similar in its hardest mode, but mostly because that game felt so incredibly broken to me. I'm not sure what was the most difficult part (the bosses were certainly tricky with the crap camera and bugged force) but I remember in particular a spot with a 'semi-cutscene', where if you started in the wrong spot you got hit by a homing missile just as the cutscene ended and you gain control.

I considered getting all of the achievements in MW2 to be hard for myself, one of my personal feats was besting the developer's time single-handily on one of the snow spec ops. But really, I considered the Juggernauts to be hardest to master.

Another old school one, beating Taz on the Genesis. Those mine areas were freaking nuts.

Someone mentioned the cop brigade in Jak 2. That was a truly unexpected difficulty ramp. I got through with the Hoverboard, and though it seems easy in theory, they make it incredibly tricky in practice. The instant water deaths, the slight bumps into guards sending you careening and the tricky balancing act with the camera, man! At first I approached the challenge like it was a breeze too. That changed when I realized that Dark Jak doesn't recharge and that there's no way out once you get there.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Final vergil boss in original version devil may cry 3 on dante must die (highest) difficulty.
I could talk all day about his attacks and his health regeneraton and blablabla but if you don't know the game it'll just be jibberish. So let me put it like this: you have to fight PERFECTLY for HOURS. Seriously I had to plan ahead when I was gonna have enough time to do it and I had to take bathroom breaks. Oh and by fighting perfectly I mean things like:
- your heatlh and weapons have to be fully upgraded
- you have to dodge every single attack
- you need to bring the max number of items and use all of them.
- you need to use crazy combos to make your average damage output huge
- you need to time spikes in your damage output (a.k.a. devil trigger) just right

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
A single hand to hand soldier in Fallout Tactics. I got the single character fairly far until the enemies started wielding Browning .50 cal (somewhere around mission 8 or 9 I think). There was an extreme amount of savescumming.

Captain Epic

Jul 8, 2010
Use_Imagination_here said:
reaching Black ops zombies lvl 76. My fucking god that got repetetive after a while.
FUCK! That must have taken, like, 10 hours. I would get sooooooo bored at that point.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Said it before but I got so happy with myself for doing it I literally danced around my house for 2 hours while my wife looked at me like I was insane.

I finished Devil May Cry on Dante Must Die mode without dying.

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
I submit a little known xbox game called Phantom Crash (exclusive, with an exclusivly playstation sequal, for osme reason) and its final boss. SNOW WHITE

Tiscolfo

Dec 4, 2010
playing soul caliber 2 for the first time when i was little, and I saw a skirt fly up and damn my willy and just wow.. very hard indeed ;)

Mundjra95

Jun 29, 2009
Beating Black Ops on veteran. I did it... but that's a large chunk of time wasted. It would've been alright if the checkpoints were good, buuuuuutttt noooooooo!

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
final fantasy 12

Omega MKXII. battle took me 3 days (not 72 hours, just the consol was not switched off for that long) and OH MY FUCKING GOD the number of times my healer was berserked was frustrating as hell

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Getting to level 2 in Ikaruga

God of War 2/3/Chains of Olympus gauntlet missions. Shit will kick your ass.

Beat Mile High Club - Hard mode (first try!) Veteran mode achievement? Gave up. I'm serious.

Getting Altair's costume in Metal Gear Solid 4 LEGITIMATELY.

Beat Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Dreamcast) adventure mode with Ryu. The final boss gauntlet (JUNI AND JULI AT THE SAME TIME>M. BISON) was nucking futs!!