Hardest Moment in Gaming that you have managed?

MattyDienhoff

Jan 3, 2008
One of the final missions in Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, called "Search & Destroy".

The goal is to destroy a heavily defended SCUD launcher before it can launch a nuclear missile. You can call in air support, but the enemy has AAA which shoots it down. You can call in tanks, but there are far too many enemy units for them to deal with. I had to try at least ten times and I only eventually succeeded because a friendly helicopter supporting me crash landed on the target, blowing it up...

ShakyFiend

Jun 10, 2009
I just completed the first proper boss on Darks Soul's, been in the Undead Burg for 3 hours of game time so far, and counting :D

StrixMaxima

Sep 8, 2008
Finishing Ghost and Goblins for real on the Arcade. Yeah, both runs. With a single coin.

I felt like a god, people were screaming at the arcade. Good times.

edhop

Feb 15, 2010
Dunjunz on the Acorn Electron in 4 player mode with my 2 brothers and 1 sister. The hardest bit is getting 4 sets of hands on one keyboard.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Aku_San said:
Getting to level 2 in Ikaruga
I was considering saying that I'd beat the first level on hard without loosing any lives, but I guess that'd be kind of silly now...

OT: Beating all the songs in Rock Band 2 on expert drums.

FirmlyUninformative

Nov 17, 2008
supersupersuperguy said:
It's not much, but I managed to be the Touhou game "Imperishable Night" without using a continue on easy mode... T_T

It impressed all of my friends, but I can't do it on normal and I think that Imperishable Night is the easiest in the series.
I'm curious: what exactly makes you say that? I've heard the same thing said before, and I can't fathom why. I've completed the previous two games (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil & Perfect Cherry Blossom) on normal without continuing and still haven't done the same with IN- the difficulty in general just seems like a deliberate step up overall. In particular, neither of the former games' stage 3 bosses hold a candle to Keine, and while stage 4 traditionally comes with something of a difficulty spike, absolutely nothing could have prepared me for Reimu.

OT: the aforementioned runs of Touhou 6 & 7. If I had to choose one, I guess I'd say 7- I'm still not sure whether or not it was a fluke.

Nuuu

Jan 28, 2011
Beating Super Monkey Ball 2.

I bought that game when i was probably around 6 or 8. Didn't beat it until i was 14. That game's story mode is HARD! Mainly got stuck on the whale level.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
Beating CoD2, CoD3, CoD4, MW2, CoD WaW, and Black Ops all on veteran is a serious accomplishment in my books. Also Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on Sith Master, LFD all campaigns on expert, and 007: Quantum of Solace on 007 difficulty as well. Now if I could only beat Prototype on hard...

MrA

Jul 26, 2009
believer258 said:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Mile High Club.

On Veteran.

In less than a minute!

It took me something along the lines of two hours to finish it. That might not be long at first, but remember that I retried a level that only takes a literal minute to beat 120 times before finally getting the achievement.

I also tried Black Ops on Veteran. EEEEKKKK!!!! Treyarch is the devil when it comes to difficulties. I never did beat it, though.
This this THIS. Only difference I did beat BlackOps on Veteran :p

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Probably camping at the top of my team's base teleporter in CTF-Citadel and getting a 'Head Hunter'. Never been able to get it since. Then again it's hard getting 15 headshots in a game.

SwiggleDyl

Mar 19, 2011
Beating Halo Reach on Legendary alone... Just constantly picking it up and trying again and again until I managed to pull it off :)

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
FirmlyUninformative said:
supersupersuperguy said:
It's not much, but I managed to be the Touhou game "Imperishable Night" without using a continue on easy mode... T_T

It impressed all of my friends, but I can't do it on normal and I think that Imperishable Night is the easiest in the series.
I'm curious: what exactly makes you say that? I've heard the same thing said before, and I can't fathom why. I've completed the previous two games (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil & Perfect Cherry Blossom) on normal without continuing and still haven't done the same with IN- the difficulty in general just seems like a deliberate step up overall. In particular, neither of the former games' stage 3 bosses hold a candle to Keine, and while stage 4 traditionally comes with something of a difficulty spike, absolutely nothing could have prepared me for Reimu.

OT: the aforementioned runs of Touhou 6 & 7. If I had to choose one, I guess I'd say 7- I'm still not sure whether or not it was a fluke.
Really? I thought Keine was easier than both Meiling and Alice. Reimu was freaking hard, but her counterpart boss, when you're playing as Reimu/Yukari or Youmu/Yuyuko was much easier. The reason I think it's easier is because the whole team aspect allows for greater versatility. Let's take the border team as an example: Reimu's great for taking out groups because of her Homing Amulets, but Yukari's shots are beastly on individual targets. Likewise, Reimu fares terribly by comparison against single targets do to the weakness of her shots and Yukari's shots can only focus on one enemy at a time. Another reason is that the "final spell" mechanic is far easier to pull off in IN than in other games and it actually shows you the timing window for it.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
Completing the first world on Super Meat Boy without dying... man that took many, many tries. I've still not done the cotton factory.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
I'd have to say Batman: Arkham City Game+ on Hard, it took me ages to finish normal game+. You just don't reaise how much you come to rely on the counter flash.

believer258 said:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Mile High Club.

On Veteran.

In less than a minute!

It took me something along the lines of two hours to finish it. That might not be long at first, but remember that I retried a level that only takes a literal minute to beat 120 times before finally getting the achievement.

I also tried Black Ops on Veteran. EEEEKKKK!!!! Treyarch is the devil when it comes to difficulties. I never did beat it, though.
LOL I'm the reverse can do an CoD campagin on Veteran but I just could have finish the mile high club in time.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I finished NUTS.WAD.
WITHOUT CHEATS. If you know what that is, then you understand what I must have done. If you don't, this is what NUTS.WAD is:
(the guy in the video has God mode on. I did not.)