Hardest Moment in Gaming that you have managed?

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
Proverbial Jon said:
Beating Halo ODST and Halo Reach on Legendary. Halo 1, 2 and 3 on Heroic.

May sound like nothing much to some but I VERY rarely play a game on a harder difficulty, mostly because I suck and I'm only in it for the experience and story. However I've played all the Halo games so many times that I felt a challenge was in order.

I'll never EVER try Legendary for any Halo game with the Flood in it though... damn, I'm not some sort of sadomasochist.

As for bosses, anyone who has got past THIS particular boss may also share my pain:

and THIS:

Damn I loved this game SO MUCH. But it kicked my ass SO MUCH! I can't tell you how happy I was when I finally completed it! Stupid test of fear and on-rails shooting sections!
Oddly enough, I thought Scarlet was really, really easy.

OT: Uncharted 2 on crushing...because the last boss was fucking cheap.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Beat Ninja Gaiden on NES, Ninja Gaiden on Xbox, Bit Trip Runner, Bit Trip Beat, Portal 2 co op by myself, the last boss in KOTOR (wasn't leveled enough and had to use system exploits, and Matriarch Benezia in Mass Effect (same problem).

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
believer258 said:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Mile High Club.

On Veteran.

In less than a minute!

It took me something along the lines of two hours to finish it. That might not be long at first, but remember that I retried a level that only takes a literal minute to beat 120 times before finally getting the achievement.

I also tried Black Ops on Veteran. EEEEKKKK!!!! Treyarch is the devil when it comes to difficulties. I never did beat it, though.
Meh - simple enough.
[small] took me 2 or more hours to do, too![/small]

Most recently for me it has to be 2 player Insane GoW3 finale.
Outright, fucking solid; and I did mile high club; Fallout 3 on Expert; Halo 3, ODST & Reach Legendary solo & co-op; both Bad Company's on hardest (piss easy); & CoD 4, 5, 6, 7 & soon 8 on veteran (I say soon because the games are shit and samey so it's what I can accurately expect), they're just the FPS'.

Lost planet 2 is pretty tough, but it's boring and shit. Other than that games seem to be getting easier. I don't want games anymore that are soul destroying (Dark Souls, that's you), but games that should always keep you alert, concious and just overall weary of every second, or you fail. Sometimes I feel like I can switch off mentally in campaign and still get though unscathed on easy/hard.

Skyrim looks to be a good exception though! Whereas BF3 can be punishing if you don't stay within those 3 categories.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
It wasn't hard in terms of difficulty but I barely survived an attack on my base when invading the Tau Stronghold in SoulStorm. I had one servitor and a few infantry units and had to start again. I still somehow won!

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
I more or less walked through God of War III on Titan difficulty...

Dunno why I bothered to play as long as I did though, that game was awful...

EDIT: I also finished Reach on LASO with my brother... that was a fair feat...

TheHappySquid

Feb 2, 2011
Hmm maybe 'Heart of The Reich' on Veteran in COD WaW. Black Ops veteran was disappointingly easy, much like MW2, compared to that.

That or Nothing Special achievement on L4D. That was painful. Apparently its not that difficult, I just could not do it for the life of me. Until I did, and it ruled.

TimG91

Nov 27, 2009
I finished Bayonetta on non-stop climax difficulty. It was fun. I love bayonetta.

Jonesy911

Jul 6, 2009
It may sound silly but my 7 year old self at Crash Team Racing is the hardest boss ever. I found my old Playstation and games recently and I set some ridiculous times and ghosts on that game 10 years ago which I can't even touch anymore.

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
I'd like to point to my most recent gut-pounding genocide known as "Dragonball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi". There's a character later on that I won't name right off the bat, that's basically what I like to call the "TP Man" (Turning Point).

One second you think you're playing Dragon Ball Z Babys Edition, and then all of a sudden it turns into Dark Souls with Kamehameha's. Theres characters that can literally destroy you in one hit.

I got through it, though, since I won't let a game beat me.

Oct 30, 2010
Force Unleashed on Sith Master, particularly the beginning of the Death Star.

bfgmetalhead

Aug 4, 2010
world at war on veteran. SO MANY GREANADES!

let me do some role play

nazi officer : "herr commandant, we spend the remaining funds as you instructed."

commandant: "you spent all of it on fragmention grenades? Good, the soviets will not expect that we choose to arm every soldier with 6000 grenades!"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

soviet player on downfall level on veteran: "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!".

Tryarch: *does another line of map pack money crack*

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
THE GODDAMN GETH HUSKS + PRAETORIANS IN MASS EFFECT. Ugh, at that point where you're defending that colony from the Collectors and then the stupid Praetorian shows up along with a million of those stupid geth husks. Cover was completely useless, so you had to pray that it wouldn't throw you off your feet. Teammate AI blows too, so that didn't help.

Thundergod1020 said:
SA-X. MY GOD, I hated that bastard.
Really? I thought he was quite easy. Just jump around like mad and shoot when you get the chance, but don't get too comfy. Then again, I've played that game countless times...

-|-

Aug 28, 2010
Goldeneye on 007 mode on the N64. Defending Natalya while trying to stay alive in the control section is the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced in gaming.