Hardest Resident Evil Game

Link55

Dec 11, 2011
The first one I think was the hardest because ammo was scarce, there wasn't a lot of saving points and when you did die you would have to start over again, and the first Resident Evil games weren't really a game for aiming.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
The first few were the hardest for me. I'd have to give a slight edge to the first one though.

The ink ribbons and constant lack of ammo made it very tough. Game was brutal when the hunters arrived.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I've only played 3-4 and 5 almost completely or finished the game. So far, no.3 is the hardest even on easy mode. Thank you Nemesis. You always pop up at the wrong time and the wrong place.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Resident Evil Zero is definitely the hardest RE game I have played, and I have played every single last one (yes even Resident Evil Gaiden, and Gun Survivor unfortunately).

It flings at you right from the start. Zombie dogs flying in the windows at the beginning, and then the "tough as nails" scorpion boss in the first five minutes (I shit you not). It also doesn't help that you have limited inventory slots, and that you have to manage two people.

Yeah it's a tough game.

Also, Outbreak can be tough as well, but that's mostly down to the dodgy A.I not doing anything to save you.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
I see Resident Evil 3 the hardest, simply because of the amount of times you fight Nemesis and the rarity of finding ammo in the streets. Finding gun powder meant you had to find the safe house, so in a pinch with only a few bullets let and several zombies, finding gunpowder was a nightmare...

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Drop_D-Bombshell said:
I see Resident Evil 3 the hardest, simply because of the amount of times you fight Nemesis and the rarity of finding ammo in the streets. Finding gun powder meant you had to find the safe house, so in a pinch with only a few bullets let and several zombies, finding gunpowder was a nightmare...
I don't find RE 3 all that hard. Obviously the Nemesis is a pain up the arse at the best of times, but considering you can make ammo, and you have an assault rifle in the beginning, it really does help ease the strain a little.

Also, you get a handy inventory expansion not too far in to the game.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
Jazoni89 said:
Drop_D-Bombshell said:
I don't find RE 3 all that hard. Obviously the Nemesis is a pain up the arse at the best of times, but considering you can make ammo, and you have an assault rifle in the beginning, it really does help ease the strain a little.
You only get the assault rifle if you play on easy mode. I'm assuming Mr. Bombshell was playing on hard.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
w9496 said:
Jazoni89 said:
Drop_D-Bombshell said:
You only get the assault rifle if you play on easy mode. I'm assuming Mr. Bombshell was playing on hard.
Well...that make sense, kinda.

Still, if you choose hard mode, it's going to be hard regardless of what game it is. The proof is in the pudding so to speak.

Resident Evil 3 on easy mode was pretty much a walk in the park for me, except you are running through the park and being stalked by a giant monstrosity that has a particular liking for policewomen.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
w9496 said:
Jazoni89 said:
Drop_D-Bombshell said:
In hard mode you don't get the assault rifle until you defeat Nemesis in St. Michael's. And while you can make ammo, it replaces most of the ammo finds in RE3, so you only really get ammo in the safe rooms unless you spend an inventory slot on the gunpowder case thingy. Yeah, you can escape Nemesis but running from him makes you reckless and run into other enemies so you're bound to get hurt somehow.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
I got to say Resident evil Dead Aim, only because if you didnt have the damn toy gun they expect you to buy with it, the controls are shitty as hell.

i loved the game though, don't get me wrong XD

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
I've played 1, 4 and 5, and out of those, 1 was easily the hardest. Even when playing with Jill on easy, I still found that game challenging.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Definitely 3 on hard. By the end of the game you're like all the other games, up to your tits in ammo and awesome guns but the first half of the game is more difficult than any other Resi.

Shirastro

Sep 1, 2010
Code Veronica was kinda hard, if i remember it correctly. Though i might have confused it with another title.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
Resident Evil Zero was the hardest for me. Having to manage ammo/herbs fr one character was always annoying enough, but two? That's a migraine waiting to happen.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Code Veronica: X was the hardest that I played, followed by the original. I never managed to finish Veronica, not sure why I just found it so difficult. Resident Evil 2 and 3 were pretty easy I thought. Never played the rest.

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
I am a huge Resident Evil fan so it really is hard for me to decide.

1 is hard because of ammo scarcity and your character unable to really show how hurt they are until they are in critical (plus can't you get a rocket launcher/grenade launcher in the room with Forrest in it?)

2 is hard because some rooms might have only one or 2 zombies when a few rooms will have a crap ton of zombies. The puzzles are also a little difficult (mainly the library one gave me trouble when I was young) and the bosses are more frequent depending on which game you are playing (A or B)

3 was a little harder but ammo is not as scarce due to powder and Jill/Carlos can dodge if done properly

0 was a little hard with the limited inventory but you can drop items which can be a plus or a minus in certain situations

I have to go with Gaiden (yes that WONDERFUL GBA game) The combat is pretty different, ammo is not as easy to find, the zombies are more dangerous, herbs are also less frequent and one of the end bosses is impossible to beat if you do not have enough ammo.

Never played 5 but 4 was pretty fun but not as hard as the original series.

Also never played Dead Aim or Survivor so I guess my opinion is only limited to the games I did play.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I've only played 1, 2, 3 and, 5. Based off of those 4 I'd say the second was the hardest one. Those are just out of the ones I've played though; I have no ideas about Dead Aim, Gaiden, Code Veronica, etc.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
The remake of the first game because it took almost a whole clip to kill one zombie and if you didn't burn it then and there it would come back later stronger, faster, and meaner.