Harrison Ford Apparently Jonesing to Kill Indy

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
The 4th movie actually made me feel miserable. I just really dislike movies where computer animation is overused unnecessarily or inappropriately, and when one of the first things that happened was a bullshit cartoon gopher popping up out of the ground, I knew it would be downhill from there.
Shia The Beef is not and can never be a proper successor to Indy, and killing such an iconic character doesn't seem like a good thing to do.

Turbo_Destructor

Apr 5, 2010
I does Indy have to die?? I thought the movies were supposed to be light-hearted!

NO! It would be stupid for Indiana Jones to die, I see no reason why he can't just retire.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Ih8pkmn said:
Silly Escapist. There are only 3, and there will only ever be 3, Indy Movies. What's this about a 5th one? There wasn't even a fourth one.

Ok, in all seriousness:
Indy should have ended with the third movie. Crystal Skull was just stupid.Communists instead of Nazis? Fine, it's a more relevant threat given the time period. Aliens? Ok, weird stuff happens in the Indyverse. Surviving a nuke by hiding in a fridge? Eh, He's survived more unlikely scenarios. But Mutt. Fucking Mutt.

Lebouf is a HORRIBLE actor. He couldn't act when he was on the Disney Channel, He couldn't act in Holes, he couldn't act in Crystal Skull, and he definitely could not act in Transformers. Is Lucas trying to ruin all of his franchises before he kicks the bucket? Ford is right to want to kill off Indiana; hey, Indy, can you kill off your son while you're at it?
"DAD NO!" *Takes bullet.
I can see it now!

Anyway, this is like a pattern for Harrison Ford, good for him! But I'd rather have him go into the distance like at the end of 3 to show that he'll have more adventures!

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"second most iconic character, archaeologist/adventurer Indiana Jones"
Surely you don't mean Solo is bigger than Jones?
Indy is my hero!

Also, La Beauf -or however you write it- as the star?
*pukes up bits of lung*

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Bassman_2 said:
I remember reading about how people hated the killing off of Sherlock Holmes....
I can imagine the same happening here.
Ah, yes, the fall down the falls with Moriarty...
And then when the author got in financial troubles Sherlock was alive after all.
And I was happy: HEROES SHOULD NOT DIE.
Very sorry for caps, but this is just a very dear sentiment!

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
DemonicVixen said:
To be honest. I never liked the Indiana Jones movies, and i'd be unbothered if they were scrapped. Something about them was boring and not really my taste.
More or less this. I dislike the first three movies, but i kinda like the fourth. If the fifth does focus on mutt than I will give it a watch, his character was my favorite part about the whole series.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Who cares anymore? The series already died with #4. Are we expecting anything else to be good? Have we learned nothing from the SW prequels?

That sentence in the article about Lucas rewriting a script just to sell some more merchandise should be enough proof that his movies don't focus on quality but rather on selling junk.

Also LeBouef didn't ruin Indiana Jones - George Lucas and his Aliens fetish did. LeBouef was just the icing on the crumbling cake of doodoo.