Has a game ever made you cry?

ikey

Apr 19, 2010
Minecraft. When I lost all my diamonds to lava.
Oh, and I think there was something else...

tirsden

Aug 11, 2009
Lots of them. Last one to do it: Dragon Age Origins good ending (starring one of my original characters which really brought the game even more to life), complete with the love-interest addition. *sniffle!!!*

ThatStrangeDude

Jul 11, 2009
Red Dead Redemption and Bioshock 2.
I think that about sums it up... To be quite frank though, I weeped like a little school girl at the end of Red Dead Redemption - That game really got to me.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
I haven't cried, but I just finished BioShock 2 last night and it was a bit emotional. Too bad I actually started to care about the story so late.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Yes. Many times.

A brief list of examples include:
- Valkyria Chronicles (a lot of times actually)
- Persona 4
- Metal Gear Solid 3 (MGS 4 was close though)
- Brothers in Arms (RtH40, EiB, HH... all of 'em got me at least once)

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Phantasy Star Universe =(
I JUST about cried half-way through the game
I didn't, because its just a game, but I got pretty teary eyed and was depressed for about a week

Fignutz

Jan 18, 2009
The cut-scene in FFX definitely got the eyes a bit watery. I have never flat out bawled for any video game though.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
WoW, when arthas dies. I blame the song: Invincible. And despite playing Cataclysm, to me the game ended there, as the main story arch is over, and in the saddest way possible.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Heroes of Newerth. When I have around 250 creep kills, 12 hero kills, around 20 assists, 3 tower kills , only two deaths around the 50 minute mark, yet SOMEHOW lose the game.

Speaking of which, you just lost it.

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
First and only time would be when Aeris died in FF7 back in the 90s. Ahhh back before the internet, game magazines, and commercials brought spoilers galore and ruined all plot points a game had.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
I wish I could say yes, but I can't. Although I feel like if I ever play Heavy Rain, that will change.

Shade184

Nov 11, 2009
Owlslayer said:
Nothing's made me cry full-out, but some games have made me feel...um, khm, very, very sad?
I'm not sure, but i think The Longest Journey had its moments.
The Longest Journey... that bit at the end where you-know-who dies and the other you-know who is in a coma... that was sad. :(

OT: Mass Effect had a few moments when I felt I was tearing up.

An two unexpected ones in Saints Row 2:
The Brotherhood mission "Red Asphalt", when you have to put your half-dead lieutenant, Carlos, out of his misery.
Not so much a tearjerker as a "fuck, that's cold" moment is in the Ronin mission "Bleeding Out". When Shogo Akuji interrupts
Aisha's funeral, Johnny Gat beats the living shit out of that bastard, before burying him alive. A very powerful scene.
A particularly nasty one in Prey, when your abducted girlfriend gets attached to the body of a cybernetic spider-thing and the player is forced to kill her.

Specifially, you have to fight a boss battle with your girlfriend screaming for help as the cybernetic spider-thing charges around, snapping her body about left and right. Then after you win the boss battle, she's still alive. Guess who has to put her out of her misery.

"I can't feel my legs."
Last of all.

Call of Duty 4. Right at the end. When Gaz gets executed.

I wanted to tear that fucker's heart out.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
The ending of Kingdom Hearts 2 is the only time that I've come close. The ending is just so god damn good.