Has a game ever made you cry?

FuzzyRaccoon

Sep 4, 2010
tirsden said:
Lots of them. Last one to do it: Dragon Age Origins good ending (starring one of my original characters which really brought the game even more to life), complete with the love-interest addition. *sniffle!!!*
Now that you mention it... I think I did cry in that bit. At first I was just shocked, like: WHAT THE HELL, I WAS SUPPOSED TO DIE. I was so mad, because I'd made up my mind in that playthrough to do it that way. I was all prepared and then Alistair was all: I love you, I can't live without you so I'll kill him. :3.
It was so... infuriating, and upsetting. I'm pretty sure I did cry a little then.

-EDIT-
Though I do agree with GonzoGamer a bit there. UGH, why to start the relationship off in Bioware games do I have to say such RIDICULOUS things? It's always bothered me really.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
The ending of RDR's main story. But more tears of anger than anything else. It was inevitable, that was obvious, but I was actually genuinely angry at the antagonists of that section.

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
Only once. I've been gaming for years now and only once. I've cried hundreds of times over movies, books and songs but only once for gaming.

It was Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, during the "Farewell is Goodbye" scene. I had to put down the controller and have a serious, serious cry.

mariofan1000

Sep 25, 2009
The end of Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse.

God, award for "game least expected to have a sad moment"

EDIT: Oh, and cave story, I don't know why, I just got sad when I found the main character was a
robot

cptawesome

Nov 2, 2009
I cried at the end of Okami when Amaterasu is left by issun to fight orochi, especially when you think he's back but it was all in her imagination.
Poor Amaterasu! you're a god with unstoppable power, but at that moment, you were just a lonely wolf who needed a pal.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Minecraft is the only game that ever made me cry as I saw my house in the middle of the ocean burning down a single tear rolled down my face.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Woodsey said:
Had a tear in my eye at the end of The Sands of Time.

And RDR? No. Partly because it was so obviously going to happen (why else would I be forced to endure more herding BS, other then for something disastrous to happen?), and partly because I was so pissed off at the pacing.

It takes forever for any real story elements to happen all throughout the game (the pacing is dreadful), and there are 6 or so missions more, mostly of the worst type (the farm-hand stuff) in a poorly realised attempt at foreshadowing/character building.

It's a very good game, but I'm perplexed by people's fascination with the ending. It's not exactly a new thing.

AND HE COULD HAVE JUST GONE TO MEXICO!
no its nice, he died so his family could live a peaceful life of farming, if he had fled they would have been hunted down

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Macrobstar said:
Woodsey said:
Had a tear in my eye at the end of The Sands of Time.

And RDR? No. Partly because it was so obviously going to happen (why else would I be forced to endure more herding BS, other then for something disastrous to happen?), and partly because I was so pissed off at the pacing.

It takes forever for any real story elements to happen all throughout the game (the pacing is dreadful), and there are 6 or so missions more, mostly of the worst type (the farm-hand stuff) in a poorly realised attempt at foreshadowing/character building.

It's a very good game, but I'm perplexed by people's fascination with the ending. It's not exactly a new thing.

AND HE COULD HAVE JUST GONE TO MEXICO!
no its nice, he died so his family could live a peaceful life of farming, if he had fled they would have been hunted down
By who? The incompetent agents who required an army to go after him and had to have him find his former gang members?

He knew people in Mexico, and had essentially wiped out any actual enemies he had over there.

neilsaccount

Jun 17, 2009
Heavy Rain didnt make me cry, but did make me feel genuinely involved in the characters. I dont even own a PS3 I just watched a playthrough online.

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
A few games have. I'm quite emotional, and I tend to get attached to some characters. x_x

The two games that instantly spring to mind are 'Valkyria Chronicles' & 'Lost Odyssey'.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
You know when I was really sad? When I finished Morrowind's storyline for the first time. For 2 years I had been playing that game and to have it end was just sad for me. I couldn't do anything for a solid few hours because I was completely absorbed by memories of the entire game; All those hours of play leading up to a -for me- great ending. Totally worth it. Don't think I cried though.

I may have choked up during the final cutscene of Jade Empire, partly because the music just got to me. Alan Wake also got me to a happy kind of sad place when I finished it.

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
i have cried at the imaginary video game i am creating in my head...

if i ever learn how to make video games i will be rich! or maybe not.

LastCelt1989

Jan 7, 2009
Adamc-mh said:
Some of the metal gear solid games came close especially number one. Damn sniper wolf :'(
SPOILER WARNING!

Oh man when that song with the female voice starts up when Meryl gets shot by Sniper Wolf...man I cried like a little ***** then. In fact the MGS series are the only games to make me cry. Specially 1 and 4.

4 is basically watching a child hood hero dying in front of your eyes.

And theres the scene with Big Boss......!

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
never actually cried, but a few moments made me come close, some of them caught me completely off guard. Most recently, Miranda's loyalty mission in ME2. Assuming you weren't a douche, and that you told her to go talk to her sister....yea, something about that struck a cord with me.