Has a game ever made your cry?

Liz Elric

May 12, 2011
~ When I played Crysis 2 on supersoldier and was trying to defeat that Pinger. I cried from frustration.
~ The ending of Half Life 2: Episode 2 knowing I would have to wait years for it to be done.
~ In Enslaved when Trip got back to her village.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Alphakirby said:
Heavy Rain
I don't know if it was because Ethan was shot in front of his son,or if it was because the controller decided to fuck me over in the QTE preceding that,but that was the first time a game nearly made me cry. I still swear out Sony's Sixaxis to this day because of that.
Damnit, you have the perk NINJA'D! This perk allows you to tell other that this person NINJA'D you before you could post. I cried because of trying to fucking GET there, I mean, I was mother fucking in tears when I had to do those trials, I really bonded with the father. It was truly sad having to give mouth to mouth to his kid, I was in deep tears that time too... Also, got the best ending, first try, without fucking up, that made me cry manly tears.

FaceFaceFace

Nov 18, 2009
Persona 4 made me tear up a little.

It was just so LONG. More than 80 hours spent with these characters, bypassing several false endings, reaching the final boss, getting most of the way through it's final form, and then the music goes from depressing and dramatic to an epic remix of the main battle theme. I was like, holy shit, I've played this for roughly the equivalent of four days and now its ending? Epicly? So I teared up a little.

LiraelG

Jun 22, 2011
The ending to Final Fantasy X came close... and certain moments in X-2. But apart from that...I don't think so.

MintyNinja

Sep 17, 2009
Not really, but a lot of close calls have already been mentioned so I'll add: Saints Row 2. That one scene with Carlos. You know the one.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
Quite a few games have had me tearing up, but I think only one ever made me cry.

Mother 3.
When Hinawa dies it's pretty sad, but then what really got to me was the death of Claus. When that happened I couldn't help but cry.

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
Real Life. That game makes me cry all the time. I never know what to do!

On Topic: There are several games that made me want to cry in frustration but I have yet to find one that has a plot that moves me to tears. However, Heavy Rain is sitting on my shelf and waiting for me to play it.

MintyNinja said:
Not really, but a lot of close calls have already been mentioned so I'll add: Saints Row 2. That one scene with Carlos. You know the one.
yeah, sad times...sad times...R.I.P. Carlos

Jakiller2

Aug 19, 2009
The ending to Kingdom Hearts 1, with the awesome graphics (for the time), short dialogue between the hero and his maiden, and then the tear jerking music.

AssassinFisH

Jun 12, 2011
Heavy rain as I was so engaged in the story. Red Dead Redemption's ending also made me well up. Just goes to show what amazing games they are.

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
I'll admit it...I cried a few times during Red Dead Redemption...
1. The Outlaw's Return-when you're riding out to John's house and Compass plays...I couldn't help but tear up...
2. The ending. I held strong through the ending, albeit with some tears welling up...but then Oh Bury Me Not on the Lone Prarie begins...I lost it.

I also teared up at Hawke's mother in Dragon Age 2...

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
Can't really remember any games that have made my cry, but Ace Combat 5 when Chopper dies made me pretty damn sad.

I don't usually cry, but some books and movies have been known to make me cry like a *****.

I guess that's proof enough that in terms of stories, video games aren't up there yet.

Seabear

May 22, 2011
Kingdom Hearts- 358/2 Days. That ending. That music is concentrated tears fuel. This game reduced me to a sobbing *****.