Has/did your school ever pull a dick move?

tg851

May 29, 2011
FreakSheet said:
My school recently introduced a "healthy lunch program", which basically means no chips, pop, fatty fried stuff, or overly salted. While I applaud the idea of better lunches, this is the absolute worst approach to the problem. The solution isn't simply to pretend these foods exist, but to have healthier choices be better and more affordable. A slice of pizza was $1, a chicken caesar wrap is $4. There's your problem.

And they wanted to remove the deep fryers from the teaching kitchen. WORST. PLAN. EVER. Simply pretending deep fryers don't exist won't make people not make fried food. This is a TEACHING kitchen, the kids need to learn how to use them, SAFELY. Because when they go out into the world, how the hell will they learn to use them?
pretty much the same ting just happened here except you cant have ANY oil, sugar or salt AT ALL,
where not even aloud to bring lunches tat contain it as well. doesn't help they sen in what us cooking students have dubbed the food nazi every day to make sure we are complying.its total and absolute bullshit.

gazumped

Dec 1, 2010
Mine wasn't exactly my school but just my headmistress. 90% of teachers, students and parents wanted us to stay as a same sex school, instead of taking that into account she made the deciding vote to do the opposite. Then she left the next year.

Letting boys into the school isn't the most terrible thing for a school to do but what the hell were you thinking, Ms. Shapiro?

Alucard44

Feb 1, 2010
Mine hasn't really, but teachers, hoo boy.

The first and only account was back in the 5th grade. I was a spaz, and the student body tended to loathe my presence, except if they needed help with homework or video games.

But the worst was a Mrs. Wheadon (or Wheaton, can't remember). She was preggers at the time, and highly emotional. During this time, I remember her being very verbally abusive when in her mood swings, to the point of my mother, apalled by the teacher's actions, eventually pulling me out of the school because of her.

The thing is, back then, I knew she was in pain and didn't mean it. She even broke down in tears and begged for forgiveness. After birth, she was very stable.

baconbaby299

May 7, 2011
I read these and I can't complain one bit. My school was pretty good, especially since I've read these. The library was well stocked everything from Mr.Men to The Art of War. The food was actually pretty damn good in the cafeteria, but we were allowed out to numerous shops surrounding us if we so chose. They didn't block anything on the computers, except DeviantArt. Equal rights for everyone. Setting up a charity thing in the school was easy and supported. They never forced anything upon anyone, no classes, no options that we didn't pick. The headteacher was a good guy. The teachers were friendly, polite and helpful. The timetables were well thought out and didn't change mid-year. Also they were very loose on uniform, it was already a hoodie, a polo top and some black pants of any kind, but people broke those rules and no one cared.

Compared to a Christian School I went to which was EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF THE LIST. Library, Food, Teachers, Head Teacher, Uniform, Equal Rights all sucked. And Charity had to be a christian cause. I got thrown out for arguing with the "facts" they were giving me.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Every school I ever went to pulled dick moves. All the time. Let's see...

There was the junior high struggling with funding that used public money to purchase a several-thousand-dollar color copier strictly for administrative personnel, no students or faculty.

The same junior high would punish a student for being 10 seconds late by sending them to the office to wait 40 minutes for some guy to call us into his office and tell us to try harder to be there when class begins.

There was the high school that cancelled a class that I needed for graduation and had to go to a different school in the evenings to get.

There was the university that was running out of funding and cutting classes that were required for certain majors, causing people to not graduate that year who otherwise would have, and then turned around and gave the retiring university president a six-figure raise and subsidized her house and car.

Those are the examples that spring most quickly to mind.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
T8B95 said:
My sister's school chose to axe one year's budget for textbooks to buy something completely unrelated, so the students had to buy the textbooks out of pocket.
What age was she at the time. Because here in the advanced learning schools of Iceland you have to buy all books out of pocket. Said school is opened to you when you finish basic school at the age of 16.

OT: Well for the 10th grade school trip we in the 10th grade made a whole lot of money and made a plan to go to Scotland. But no, the school rejected that and made us go to the northern part of Iceland and made us stay in some cheep ass hostel. They say the trip costs them around 2 millions but I highly doubt it. What with us having to buy our own food most of the time, certain sightseeing tours had to be paid by us the students and that the bust they rented is a local driver that charges practically nothing.

Also still having the same teacher that knows fuck all about human interaction as the head teacher for practically everything and vice principal. The last time I met him he said "Hi" and I just told him to suck off a horse. Was that a wrong reaction of? Maybe, maybe, but you can not understand the hatred I feel for this man.

Organisktavfall

Jul 13, 2011
I went to school in Sweden, and thank god for that. Compared to the majority of your stories my school was heaven. The teachers were great most of the time, and I can't really recall any dick move at all in my 12 years of school. Nobody cared if people showed up like 5 minutes late. Some people from my class (including me) actually showed up drunk the last day before a break and we didnt even get into real troubble for it. I will never look down on the swedish school system again, its a laidback, but we still get good results.

ZiggyE

Nov 13, 2010
Sparcrypt said:
ZiggyE said:
In New Zealand school work and study time towards the end of the year has effectively been cut in half to fit in with the Rugby World Cup.

In other words, the grades and chances of getting into university for students are greatly at stake just so some rugby fans can get drunk and watch sport.
Ermm I might be missing something here but how does your study time get cut in half? Do you HAVE to watch sport? I don't see what's stopping you from studying while the rugby is playing.

If they cut school from 8 hours a day to 4 you could still go home and work for another 4 hours. Great practice for university, you're expected to learn on your own once you get there.

So yes... please explain?
They've re-ordered the school year so the RWC final takes place over the holidays, effectively cutting the number of weeks between the practice exams and actual exams in half, giving two weeks rather than the usual four.

mussics

Aug 11, 2011
The bastards go over the top with their stupid-ass uniform policies .
So , to put it straight , 2 years ago , you needed to be in shirt , (jumper - optional) , shoes and trousers (duh) , you could wear any jacket you want .
Last year , they introduced something new , the uniforms must be plain black or navy blue . fair enough .
Wednesday , i started school yet again , my last year in this school , and apparently , they got a new jumper ( that you must have ) , and you can only wear the uniform's jackets ( that are fugly as shit) . Also , you can't present yourself to school only wearing a shirt even if it's hot outside ( excuse me , what ?! ) .
I got sent home the first day for not having the correct uniform dress code .___. Great way to start this important year.
PS: profile picture related.

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
RanD00M said:
T8B95 said:
My sister's school chose to axe one year's budget for textbooks to buy something completely unrelated, so the students had to buy the textbooks out of pocket.
What age was she at the time. Because here in the advanced learning schools of Iceland you have to buy all books out of pocket. Said school is opened to you when you finish basic school at the age of 16.
She was just going into Grade 9, so she was 14. Usually, the school lent out the books and the only time we had to pay was if we lost/destroyed them. I didn't have to buy my own textbooks until university.

Thee Lost One

May 26, 2010
Sparcrypt said:
ZiggyE said:
I'm a year 13 student (final year) at high school in New Zealand and my school work and study time towards the end of the year has effectively been cut in half to fit in with the Rugby World Cup.

In other words, my grades and chances of getting into university are greatly at stake just so some rugby fans can get drunk and watch sport.

I'm not happy.
Ermm I might be missing something here but how does your study time get cut in half? Do you HAVE to watch sport? I don't see what's stopping you from studying while the rugby is playing.

If they cut school from 8 hours a day to 4 you could still go home and work for another 4 hours. Great practice for university, you're expected to learn on your own once you get there.

So yes... please explain?

Brown Cap said:
They suspended a student because he called the retarded kid in school retarded. On Xbox Live. At 1 AM.
Good. Turns out actions have consequences, who would have thought.
I do not say this to insult, or start anything, only to say that You have missed the point of this thread. It's not one for discussion of the dick moves, though such a thing does occur, no, this Thread is more about venting on what stress's people out, and still does to this day.

The last thing they need is someone coming along trying to shove a cork in the vent.

Sparcrypt

Oct 17, 2007
ZiggyE said:
They've re-ordered the school year so the RWC final takes place over the holidays, effectively cutting the number of weeks between the practice exams and actual exams in half, giving two weeks rather than the usual four.
Ahh that does indeed suck - thanks for the explanation.

Thee Lost One said:
I do not say this to insult, or start anything, only to say that You have missed the point of this thread. It's not one for discussion of the dick moves, though such a thing does occur, no, this Thread is more about venting on what stress's people out, and still does to this day.

The last thing they need is someone coming along trying to shove a cork in the vent.
No offense taken, but if they don't want my thoughts on their comments they shouldn't put them on a public forum ;).

Unless you're referring to my response about the xbox comment.. yeah no sympathy for bullies, I'll call them out anytime I see them, including online - that school wasn't pulling any kind of dick move, they were doing their job.

But as for me shoving a cork in to their venting... all I've done is offer my thoughts on why these things might have happened and ways the people affected could get around them. They don't have to listen, but like I said, public forum open for all to comment.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
They did a few first one I remeber is not allowing students to go to the toilet at all except outside of lunch times. They locked all the toilets, except the staff one of course -.-

Another was when they stopped providing hot water for noodles and the like, all because some first year scalded himself. We didnt have a cafeteria so this was the only way you could get a warm meal during lunhctime.

When they replaced the old vice principal with a roaring bellend, the guy was just about one of the biggest assholes I have ever met.

Forcing all students to buy and wear school jackets, most people have them all ready and now you have to buy a second one because the school says so <.<

SuperMarshmallow

Jul 4, 2011
Well...

Enforcing a useless dress code policy involving having your shirt tucked in at all times. And only men have to do this.

In middle school, our vice principal used to actually try and enforce a silent lunchtime. Unfortunately, he is now my principal and high school and is a bigger asshole than ever. Oh, and also in middle school, our principal was an over-ambitious brown-nose who would take any chance to further his career at the expense of the school.

My gym teacher ran a fight club temporarily in the locker room Actually, that was kind of awesome.

Also, fat-free chocolate milk. Damn you to the blackest pits of hell, Jaime Olliver.

FernandoV

Dec 12, 2010
End of the year, A.P test taken, no work to be done, teacher puts on a movie and my phone comes out. She takes my phone, I'm like "Ah, ok, I'll pick it up after school", then she's like "No, your parent can pick it up". I came home, told my mom "They took my phone, DON'T bother going to school for it, call them and TELL them to give it to me", the next day I have my phone. Swag. Niggas ain't gonna take my phone is all I'm sayin'

Edit: Oh, they tried uniforms, for about a week, before nobody wore them. It wasn't like a "fight the power" type thing, it was more of a "my normal clothes are fine, thanks" thing.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
This happened the year after I left, but I guess it still counts:

The principal told the senior class that since he never gave them gym class, they were going to have to be held back. His announcement to the senior class saying how they should lie and say they've done gym was recorded and given to the press, causing him to retire before the school year ended. Also, the school added another period to the day and had lunch moved much earlier in the day.

From what I've heard, they're fixing the lunch time for this school year by moving lunch to a more reasonable time, but the extra period is still there and there's a new principal who've I've met and she's really nice.

aenimau5

Dec 19, 2010
I realise this pales in comparison to some of the shit that's came up here but my school took ten minutes out of our break so the school could finish ten minutes early, except most of the school takes the bus so the only people who benefit are ( what a suprise) the teachers. Also two arsehole cockended bastard fuckwads ( sorry but these guys are cunts of the highest order) beat up a friend of mine.they get detention, so does my friend, he turns up they don't and not a word was said about it. Also in business cockended bastard fuckwad A can leave the class whenever he wants and the teacher pretends not to notice, then when someone else points it out? DETENTION! Also the business teacher is fucking incompetent his ENTIRE teaching method is: read from book write from book on board class takes down from board, repeat. nearly everyone failed the mockls in business ( irish junior cert you do it when you're about 15 the exam is completely pointless but that's another much longer rant anyway the mocks are like a practice run for the junior cert) so the teacher just said " Ah lads we did this in class its your own fault "

aenimau5

Dec 19, 2010
KiKiweaky said:
They did a few first one I remeber is not allowing students to go to the toilet at all except outside of lunch times. They locked all the toilets, except the staff one of course -.-

Another was when they stopped providing hot water for noodles and the like, all because some first year scalded himself. We didnt have a cafeteria so this was the only way you could get a warm meal during lunhctime.

When they replaced the old vice principal with a roaring bellend, the guy was just about one of the biggest assholes I have ever met.

Forcing all students to buy and wear school jackets, most people have them all ready and now you have to buy a second one because the school says so <.<
holy crap do you go to the same school as me?