Has your house/hometown ever been on TV/Film?

janjotat

Jan 22, 2012
No but the boy scout Summer camp I used to go to was NoBeBoSco, which is where they filmed the original friday the 13th. Oh and since I live so close to NYC, I have even seen them filming something while walking around.

Orange12345

Aug 11, 2011
I went to middle school in the town where the original "My Bloody Valentine" was filmed, my dad also claims to have been in the background at some point but I have my doubts

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
I live in a small town in Oregon (USA) called The Dalles. We were recently featured in a show called Restaurant Impossible where they renovate a local restaurant.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
My city's been mentioned in a few of President Obama's speeches, but other than that, I can't think of anything.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
In Friday Night Lights there were two towns in Texas where they did most of the filming and as a kid, I lived in both the towns as a kid.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Yup! Mostly in Swedish TV/cinema, but the flashback parade scenes in the Hollywood version of Girl With a Dragon Tattoo was in my hometown. Me, my brother-in-law, and my two nieces were extras! =D

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Not my hometown, but they filmed the film Exit Wounds in Calgary which was funny because it was supposed to be standing in for Detroit and yet in one scene you can see the Mr. Sub in the background, which I'm pretty sure they don't have in Detroit.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Kind of. My actual hometown suburb of Eastbourne in New Zealand was the setting for the forgettable film called "Separation City". My old house or my parent's current house may have appeared in it, I wouldn't know 'cause I haven't seen it.

Also just around the corner from my parent's current house is the vacant lot where Peter Jackson constructed 1933 era New York for "King Kong".

Also, I live in Wellington New Zealand, so add to that list Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, Avatar and anything else that had the involvement of Weta Workshop/Digital or Peter Jackson.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Sonoma county here. The country sides and vineyards are used all the time. There's been a couple different movies set entirely here too--like Sideways and Paranourmal Activity 3.
Scream was originally set in my brother's High School, but the school backed out at the last second. If you look in the credits it should say at some point "No thanks to Santa Rosa High School".

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Happiness Assassin said:
In Friday Night Lights there were two towns in Texas where they did most of the filming and as a kid, I lived in both the towns as a kid.
Pflugerville? I have a friend who used to live there...

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
In my neighborhood they filmed a movie called The Joneses. It was pretty ironic that the film focused on the unrestrained excess of American culture and everyone was fine with using the neighborhood to highlight that negativity. It wasn't all bad though, we knew the people that the film used as the main house and each family member got paid $3000 to live in a another house in the neighborhood for a couple months.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
My hometown was the setting for the movie The Day After. It was kind of weird to see a movie in my middle of flippin' nowhere town.

Excellent movie, though. I think it's on Youtube.

acewolf1569

Jun 14, 2010
Well, I've been on the news once before in the background. Other than that the only thing I can think of famous wise would be... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cT_Ulmcrys
Yeah, I live in Oklahoma City.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
I live in Northern Virginia, so a ton of movies and TV shows have been set in the general area, due to the proximity to Washington DC. A couple X-Files episodes took place fairly close to where I live, and you can visit Falls Church, the neighborhood where my dad grew up, in Fallout 3. Not to mention the To Catch A Predator investigation in Fairfax. <.<

joshbored

Feb 5, 2012
the floods a few years back got my town on the news, you can see my roof poking up from the water during one of the aerial shots of tewkesbury abbey