Has your house/hometown ever been on TV/Film?

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Sleeping Dogs. Rush Hour 2. The Dark Knight. Die Another Day. Tomb Raider: Cradle of Light. 3/4 of all local-made TV shows, among other things.

Oh yeah, if one episode of Chip's and Dale Rescue Rangers had it right, every single building in my hometown looks like it's from Chinatown, every ship is a Chinese Junk, and it's the headquarters for a cartel that smuggles shrinkable cars.

Dec 15, 2009
My town, local library and my high school all featured in the godawful Jumper (as the main guy's home town0. So there's that I guess, on the plus side I can blame Sam Jackson for not being able to return a book on time and mean it! how many of you can say that?

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Well I live in Pittsburgh so I've definitely seen it in some movies, most recently "The Dark Knight Rises". Hell, I missed my bus because of traffic delays caused by one of their filming sessions.

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
My city was the location of the single season reality show "Armed and Famous." It was a show that took celebrities such as Weeman and Janet Jackson and made them go on police calls. Turns out a small, relatively low crime city isn't rivetting television.

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
When in was younger (and before I moved) my neighborhood park in Edmonton was used as a set for a 2000 movie called snow day.
Wouldn't advise watching it, it was pretty bad.

e033x

Sep 13, 2010
My hometown have been in two quite big movies, if in name only. The opening scenes of both Thor and Captain America is in Tønsberg, Norway, but looks nothing like it. Come to think of it, it gets attacked and wrecked in both movies, perhaps Marvel has a vendetta or something.

LordBongo

Jun 13, 2011
I'm from a small town in northern Ontario where nothing exciting really happens, but there was actually a movie called Snow Cake filmed there with some big-name actors. Doesn't seem to be very well known, but it had Alan Rickman, Sigourney Weaver, and Carrie-Anne Moss in it. I got to meet Alan Rickman after a scene. He was pretty cool.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448124/

Shifty

Apr 21, 2011
The outdoor scenes for Father Ted were filmed round my area (myself and plenty of my friends and family were extras)
The village is also beside a famous unique area - the burren (look it up some time) so there are plenty of documentaries and some films made in the area. (Its said that its the closest place on earth to a lunar landscape)

ChristopherT

Sep 9, 2010
Nothing great, but the water park in the movie Grown Ups is a three minute (or less) drive from my house

-Adracko-

Oct 18, 2010
I'm from an extremely rural town in Utah, closest it has been to any movie was apparently the scenes on Vulcan from the newer Star Trek were on the other side of the county.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
My house? No. I have never (nor do I ever expect to see) my home on TV or in a movie unless something horrible happens. I happen to live in spitting distence of Washington D.C. though and while we don't have any skyscrapers here, we do have the Washington Monument and various other monuments which have been shown off...just about everywhere.