Have You Ever Been Banned/Suspended?

Aug 25, 2009
Once probationed. Someone was knocking on FFVII, but they had completely misinterpreted the game. Instead of explaining what they were missing I went with the old classic 'you're doing it wrong' Low content and a minor meme, go me.

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
I got suspended on the WarCry forums once for 'thread resurrection'. It was the first thread in the list and it was 3 months old!

It's not as if I went to page 30 and posted there, it was the first thread there. Not my fault nobody ever posts there, I thought I would be nice and contribute to that community... but no, I got suspended for not checking the dates on the posts and now I'm not eligible for the Epic poster badge despite being on my best behavior since... fuck you WarCry.

Sark

Jun 21, 2009
Yes I got suspended in basically my first week. Apparently "yiff in hell" isn't an appropriate stance to have on furries here. Dissappointing really.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
I have been suspended once but generally I am careful. I usually don't offend Jews or liberals so I should be ok.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
I've been on probation a few times for generally calling people out on stupid things that they've said, and got suspended for a post that was something like four months old, which I found pretty impressive.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
ultimateownage said:
Nah, I'm a good little escapist. I'm not gonna say I haven't come close though.

*EDIT* For people complaining they got mod wrath from doing something that wasn't mentioned in the rules. Not everything has to be in the rules, it's simple common sense and etiquette not to do it.
Terrible reasoning to be honest; in other words "Mods can make up rules when they feel like it, because they feel it's common sense based on their person forum experience, even if the user doesn't agree with that viewpoint". It;s not like everyone has the same opinion on these things - that's why the rules are clearly displayed in the first place...

I'm not saying mods do make up rules; just that your reasoning is horribly flawed.

SmartIdiot

Feb 10, 2009
Got kicked out of several classes in school, kicked out of a couple of clubs in Glasgow, been put on probation/suspended on here, though funnily enough never banned despite some (I'll admit) very questionable posts.

Jonatron

Sep 8, 2008
I got banned from a forum for a Kingdom of Loathing clan, because of my horribly bad grammar. The mod who banned me found me in the ingame chat and was shocked as he knew the name but didn't recognise the eloquence I'd found over two years.

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
D_987 said:
ultimateownage said:

*EDIT* For people complaining they got mod wrath from doing something that wasn't mentioned in the rules. Not everything has to be in the rules, it's simple common sense and etiquette not to do it.
Terrible reasoning to be honest; in other words "Mods can make up rules when they feel like it, because they feel it's common sense based on their person forum experience, even if the user doesn't agree with that viewpoint". It;s not like everyone has the same opinion on these things - that's why the rules are clearly displayed in the first place...

I'm not saying mods do make up rules; just that your reasoning is horribly flawed.
Aye. Before I post something I take lots of things in consideration so I think I have a good sence of what is wise to post and what not. But even that can sometimes be wrong for some strange reason because you'll always have people that strongly disagree with you when you have a strong opinion about something and head for the "report" button instead of trying to engage in what could be and interesting conversation.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
On this site, I haven't been probated or suspended. I did get one warning though, for a one word post, but that was way back when I first started here. So far I'm very well behaved.

As for school and other places, nope haven't been banned.

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
On the Escapist, yes, and I won't say anything because I know some mod will come along and ban me or something along those lines, because they're all f... (banned).

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
D_987 said:
ultimateownage said:

If there is a reason other than it not being in the rules that you find it unfair, then that's fine. But if you do something not in the rules, but equally has bad has anything the rules state not to do, it is fair that the mods can give you wrath. Some of the people here seem to think that if it isn't in the rules, then it is therefore okay, no matter how bad it is. The rules can't cover everything.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I've been put on probation once.It was for three days.But that is all the mod wrath that I have had to face.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
Suki the Cat said:
From The Escapist? No...

from scool tho >>
Zing.

I've got a warning on the escapist for being too harsh once.

I got kicked out of 1 school for pushing desks/throwing chairs at teachers (they beat me, and I didn't like it so I fought back!), I've been suspended loads for various reasons. Yet I still somehow made it to uni. Go figure.

I've also been kicked/suspended from various gaming servers for various rules they have on that server I hadn't read (such as COD:MW1 there was a server where you weren't allowed to run unless under fire), or a couple of times I was just playing well or various servers - so the admin kicked me. It does happen :S.

Austichar

Jul 18, 2009
Never got banned here. Most likely cause I never post much, though I HAVE gotten banned at one place.

Drgunz, it's like a private server of Ijji's Gunz. It was a game and forums. I was playing the game for a few days until I met this girl and we, like, instantly became best friends on the game. We'd always play together. Eventually after a few months we were both one of the highest level players in the game, about lower 80's at the time. Around that time I started getting really ticked off at her bf, he'd constantly have her over for sex and even when she didn't want to he'd still convince her to fuck him somehow.

I really got sick and tired of it and annoyed how she loved him even though it was obvious to me and my other friend that he was using her. I don't remember every detail afterwards, but I know she caught me talking bad about her bf and ranting about her to my friend and started this whole crying distraught girl routine and went aroudn the forums and game telling everyone how horrible a person I was. So yeah eventually almost EVERYONE hated me on the server after her little fake shit. So yeah obviously I was PISSED off to the extreme, I wasn't banned for that, but you know, since everyone on the game hated me, even my former friends, I decided to just fuck it and leave. I did think I overreacted a bit, but hey, you can't blame me. I was REALLY close to releasing these nude pics she sent me a month earlier, but I'm not a bad guy ya know and I can't do things that hurt people. (Though I have a bad habit of doing it on accident.) But yeah I went out with a bang, made a fake account pretending to be the admin called her a worthless ***** and spammed the same thing on my actual account and inevitably got IP banned. My friend left immediately after, too. XD 3 months of my life wasted on that game, but hey, I learned a valuable lesson. Don't trust women.

So yeah, that's the only time I've been banned anywhere.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
I think I got my ass suspended once or twice.

The one I remember was Indigo Dingo tricking me into posting a comment for him whilst he was suspended, of which I was unaware.
I think thats what ultimately got him banned, even when he was banned he'd ban jump via people or via new accounts.

I've been suspended from here twice, once I took it like a man because I was being an idiot on purpose, but the first time was odd, I tried to fight my case but it was when there was only 2 proper mods and they didn't listen during that time.

DeathChairOfHell

Dec 31, 2009
i got suspended cuz i didn't know that you couldn't remove your comment. so i edited it to "i like trains". and BOOM "you have been suspended for pointless comment somethingsomething"