Have you ever been called out by your Username?

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
Some kid called me Filo like I'm some kind of dog. A friend of mine who calls himself Quimson, (it's Crimson only like a kid would say it 'quimson') would constantly be called 'Quismos'. I once called him that for fun and he reacted by calling me Filo. Touché my friend, touché.

KindOfnElf

Mar 15, 2010
No, never. But then again my username it's often misunderstood. And it's kinda long... and when asked what does it mean, I can't really explain the ultra long story behind it.

Josdeb

May 22, 2008
Because I use this username on EVERYTHING I occassionally get asked if I'm the same guy from whatever other website I go to.
This mostly happens on non-Escapist websites though, since I don't post much here

Klepa

Apr 17, 2009
Been using this nickname for over 10 years now, to the point that people call me Klepa in real life. It sounds just like a name, google tells me people call their dogs Klepa, so nobody ever asks about it.

25% of my friends call me Klepa, 50% of my friends know why, and 25% have no clue who or what this Klepa is, and why do people keep saying it. Nobody ever messages me about it on the internet, but I sometimes have to explain it to people in real life.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Nope, although a few people have liked my avatar. However, on Xbox Live, for some thick reason I shortened my name to DFSKELLY, and people think it's DFS KELLY, not DF SKELLY. It's hard for people not to make the mistake, but the ones who aren't douchbags refer to me by DFS.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
MagicMouse said:
Did you know....

That 90% of xbox live idiots read "mouse" as "moose"?

And that 95% assume i'm black because my name is "BlackMagicMouse"?

Really, reading isn't that hard people, you could at least TRY.
People read slik as silk and syth as smith. Il give the first one to the crappy font/textsize these games use but really?! Syth-smith?! Thats not even spelt close. Sliksyth is a bad username to have for misprenounciation. Im called silk now as a shortening.

Blackality

Oct 18, 2009
I've been called by "Blackality" a lot of times on another forums.
Also when i used the nick "Big Gay Al" on Call of Duty people mocked on me a lot. Poor ignorants who doesn't know South Park.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Thank god no....
It'll sound like someone would call me "Katee Seven"
And then i'd kick that person for beein' all Doctor Cox on me.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
I've never had any comments via PM about my username, no. I've had about a dozen about my avatar though.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
More then a few people asked me what the connection is between me and
because that actually is what the name means.
For short time it was a nickname from school, was too long though they shortened it to to Fisch (fish) that one still is in use.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I don't think so. I'm not sure if someone introduced themselves to me saying, "I love your username!"
I might have a look through my messages actually.

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
Yes but only in game. People playing TF2 besides my buddies don't know my real name and just say Sam instead.

fearofsleep

Aug 3, 2010
well i have constant struggles with insomnia and have pretty series bags under my eyes, which created the nickname "fearofsleep"
but most people assume i'm a fan of the strokes cuz of the song of the same name, and a few people call me out on that

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I get compliments about my name and avatar... but rarely does anyone ask me questions. I mostly get messages about my avatar.