Have you ever been called out by your Username?

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
On another forum I visit, my username is EckyThump, and sometimes people have misaken me for a White Stripes fan, even though that account predates Icky Thump by 5 years

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Pimppeter2 said:
Most people read it as

Pimppeteer2, like "Musketeer"

Or so I'm told.
I've always read it "Pimp Peter 2", but... There you go. :S

As far as I can remember, no one's really asked me about my name. But that's not really a surprise... I've had it as my gamer/username for about 10 years after a few previous... less than good names, but nowadays, it's pretty common as a username.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
Occasionally in games, people tell me that they think my username is funny, although personally I'm thinking about changing it.

I like the ring of "morally questionable gentleman"

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Never, which is strange... It was my band name in Rock Band, it just kinda stuck.

(And yes Patrick is my name)

Edit: It's just a tiny bit narcissistic XD
My band name was 'Sally and the Wallpaper Paste'. :p

OT: No, my username is no pronoun-y.

Sir_Tor

Nov 29, 2009
On LANS they usually scream "Who the FUCK is Sir Tor!?"

thenumberthirteen said:
Nobody's ever messaged or mentioned anything about my name before. I do get the occasional PM about my Avatar however.
Thats becuse your avatar is awesome!

Socius

Dec 26, 2008
Only my WoW character name has been used, some random guy recognized my voice,he was a guildmate. met him on the airport in Frankfurt, what are the odds?
I'm Norwegian, he was british.

Oh That Dude

Nov 22, 2009
My usernames have been Oh That Dude and Oh This Dude on The Escapist and Bnet respectively, but I've rarely been called by it. Apart from a few people cracking the old "Oh... That Dude herp derp hurr durr". Also, my XBL which I've had for longer than either of those names is The Eggdude. Lots of dudes. I happen to have a thing for them (har har har).

Dark2003

Jun 17, 2010
Nope i guess it pretty original, or lame. i only got it cuz it a real nickname, meaning it was given to me

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Not on the Escapist, no (damn you all!), but some of my real life friends always sort of jokingly sort of mention it, because it's also my MSN screen name, as opposed to, say, my real name.

NoseDigger

Aug 25, 2009
Quite a bit.Plenty of positive responses. Then there's my alt, Kaspersky, which gets related to the AV.

vaderaider

Nov 2, 2009
Wakefield said:
Someone PM'd me once about mine. Said they lived in a town with that name and wanted to know why I picked it. Was random, but neat.

Its a city in west Yorkshire(England).
I live there.

On topic: Never had any about my user-name loads about my avatar though.

Bealzibob

Jul 4, 2009
Only once was I quote solely for my user name, it was in response to a thread which asked whose side you would take... Gods or Satans. I of course said that my user name pretty much decided that one for me. Someone found it funny (That someone is my hero *wipes twinkle from eye*).

And for the other question people seem to be responding to, I usually get called Bealz, Bob or just Beal. Its good though cause people can easily familiar themselves with the name, randoms on LoL will call me bealz instead of the KS'ing shaco :p

Mindex

Oct 26, 2008
Oh yeah I have. My main user name is Mindex, I have no idea how I came of with it, but people constantly say "you know your name looks kind alike windex" or as one of my friends calls me "Mr. Windex." People usally think they are very original to call me Mr. Windex actually.