have you ever been "That Guy"

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Once in Battlefield heroes when it just came out, I was on a killing streak one game, I was WAAAAY high on the killchart. Never happened again. I quit right about when I reached lvl 11 with my favorite character "Luftwaffe Ace". Coolest name ever.

And also when I play Star Wars Battlefront 2 on the ps2(no really) with my little brother. But maybe that's because its my ps2, and he doesn't play it. At all. So maybe that doesn't count.

I also seem to remember a few online games in MoH Allied Assault, which is incidentially also the only singleplayer game whose multiplayer I have ever played. It was fun. Sometimes.

But I don't like online/multiplayer games too much, because you can't just quit them. Because that'll make you feel like abandoning your friends/comrades/enemies.

Nichael Bluth

Jun 26, 2011
About half the time when I used to play CoD4 and sometimes when I played MW2. I spent many hours on those two.
Now, it's been happening a lot in TF2 lately. Probably because of the surge of new players. Before then, it would only happen every few days or so.

briunj04

Apr 9, 2011
Yeah, but I honestly find it pretty boring to get all the kills. Plus, I'm under the constant anxiety that I'm gonna somehow get passed. I like a fair bit of a challenge when I play online

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I remember one major instance I was "that guy" in Halo 3. It was on Last Resort, my team was getting their asses kicked, but I was able to drag them to victory through acquiring over 50 kills over the course of the game. As the game came to a close, my team was able to just barely pass the other team in terms of kills and win the game. Twas a glorious match...

biGBum333

Aug 26, 2010
one time on cod 4. when i got a 30+ kill streak, it was amazing! it was a total fluke because almost all the other times i played i always got dominated

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
Yeh but only on occasion. I have an odd round in Bad Company 2 where I just get ridiculous kills throughout the game. Then next round I'm dying every three seconds.

Alade

Ego extravaganza
Aug 10, 2008
I was like that when I was playing Multiplayer in Brotherhood, gave me a good power rush because I actually felt like an assassin that is toying with his prey.

KuwaSanjuro

Dec 22, 2010
Once in Team Fortress 2, playing as Scout in capture the flag, I got every point my teamed earned. I started to slow down my point winning in case people were getting annoyed by me not actually fighting and just winning points.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
I got a KDR of 48 to 2 in a game of Ground War on Wasteland in MW2. The funny thing is that I didn't have Nuke, AC-130 or Chopper Gunner equipped, but rather a silenced ACR, an Attack Helicopter, a Harrier and a lot of luck.

After the game, I got 7 friend requests.

Also, when I got 28-0 during a match of Hardcore Team Deathmatch in Black Ops using only a Scoped Python. The thing kills in one shot because it has a base damage over 30, and you've got 30 lives in HCTDM, but it still takes a lot of skill (Or luck in my case) to hit on the first shot without being noticed and brutally murdered. I think I've got the replay in my thingy in Black Ops too :3

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
yeah quite a few times, on UT, battlefield, COD, brink etc. i either have really good days (20+ kills with 1-3 deaths) or really bad days (0 kills 14-20 deaths), it swings often either way but rarely in the middle though.

ZodiacMaster101

Jul 6, 2010
That happened to me once in Halo: Reach, what was weird was I wasn't even trying to win and yet I was winning the entire time, also unfortunately for me though I made everyone else quit the game.

Jace1709

Apr 9, 2010
I dont play many multiplayer games, but of the few i have played, i was 'That Guy' only on 1 game, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, specifically, on the Space based part of it, my K-D ratio in an A-Wing was extremely high, which was surprising really, because i dont consider myself a very good game player, most games i need cheats to complete single player.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
I'm the opposite of that guy, I suck. I guess I just don't know how to get better? I think it's a problem with the gear I choose or I'm too unobservant at times, anybody got any protips?

Tommeh Brownleh

May 26, 2011
MW2 on Highrise and Estate. I am a GODLY sniper on those, but mostly on highrise. I actually have to go and TRY to get killed just so I can see my glorious killstreak rewards again.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Hmm, in Unreal Tournament, I went to a friends house, I had never played the game, he had very often. He won... the first round or two. And he played the game quite a bit. After the first two rounds I would often get around 3-5 kills for every one of his XD Even in 1v1...

I also used to own at SW Battle-Front 2 on PS2, my best friend and I would play, I could take him on as a trooper with only a precision pistol and he could be a jedi at full health... then... headshot!