Have you ever bought two copies of the same game on multiple platforms?

Mute52

Sep 22, 2009
Orange Box for XBox and PC
L4D2 for Xbox and PC
Star Wars: Battlefront 2 for PS2, PC (Retail), and Steam version
Borderlands for Xbox and PC

I switched over to PC gaming, and bought most of the Steam versions on sale and to play with friends with

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I bought two copies of Red Alert 3 both for PC. The first was a normal copy, but I regretted not getting the collector's edition so I went out the next day and bought that. (And honestly, I don't regret it. I lend my normal copy to friends and I play with them online. It works really well)

I also own Final Fantasy XI for both PS2 and PC. After about 6 years of PS2 I finally decided to go with PC for all the third-party programs you can install to make the game a little bit more modern.

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
aprilmarie said:
TF2 on Steam and PS3
Dante's Inferno on PS3 and 360
Lego Star Wars on PS3 and 360
will soon have Fallout 3 and New Vegas on Steam and have them both for PS3
same with Bioshock
I'm sure there is more if I cared to look through my games and not do this off the top of my head.
Basically I am an achievement whore......
TF2 is on the PS3??

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I've bought Oblivion twice for 360, twice for PS3, and once for Steam.

SO YES

I've bought FF13 for 360 and PS3.

San Andreas for PS2 and Xbox.

Resonance of Fate for 360 and PS3.

Castle Crashers for 360 and PS3.

Morrowind for Xbox and Steam.

Assassin's Creed 2 for 360 and PS3.

Dragon Age: Origins for 360 and PS3.

Braid for 360 and PC.

Sam & Max Season 1 for 360 and PC.

And a lot of PS1 titles for PS3/PSP.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Chased said:
aprilmarie said:
TF2 on Steam and PS3
same with Bioshock
I'm sure there is more if I cared to look through my games and not do this off the top of my head.
TF2 is on the PS3??
Well, The Orange Box is.

Unfortunately, it has none of the updates of course. But the vanilla game was still awesome as fuck, so yeah.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Chased said:
aprilmarie said:
TF2 on Steam and PS3
same with Bioshock
TF2 is on the PS3??
aye. though i suppose i should be specific and say I have it in the Orange Box. But I still own it, still counts.

Epic Louie

Aug 26, 2011
Gears of War 360 & PC

Shadowrun 360 & PC

GTA IV 360 & PC

Batman: Arkham Asylum 360 & PC

Dark Void 360 & PC

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 360 & PC

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Sure, a few times at least. I got New Vegas on PC because of mods only to find myself wildly disappointed by them. Most were simply things that I had already used in FO3 and a great many of them simply broke the game. As a result, I decided I'd rather have achievements than mods and picked it up for 20 bucks brand new. Fallout 3 and Oblivion were both 360 games the first time around and when the complete editions came out I picked those up for PC.

voltman000

Sep 2, 2011
I've bought several games on multiplatforms because i want a copy for at home on a console and usually a handheld copy which isn't that great compared to console versions

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Sure, though normally it's due to time passing. I'll buy SNES games on GBA, for example, I'll buy Dreamcast games on GameCube (lord, how many times have I bought Phantasy Star Online now?), and I bought Arx Fatalis on both the Xbox and the PC. I had every version of Resident Evil 2 there was (even the N64 version) just because I thought it was funny to own them all.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
I have Splinter Cell: Double Agent for PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360. All the versions are different though.

I have Commandos 2 on PS2 and PC. I got it on PS2 first and PC recently, so much better on PC. Camera doesn't lag every time you change angle.

I Colin Mcrae Rally 2005 on PS2 and PSP. It's a great PSP game, though both the analog nub and directional buttons are imprecise which makes the PSP version so much harder.

I have Fat Princess on PSP and PS3, plays pretty much the same on both.

I have quite a few more, but generally I have them on another platform if they are substantially different or am getting a newer version for a cheap price.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
I bought a bunch of games I had in my 360 days on PC. GTA, Fallout, World at War, Left 4 Dead. God damn I need to flog those 360 games. I NEED MUNNEHS.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I have Tomb Raider 3 on PC and PS1, although I have no idea where the PS1 copy came from.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Just once. I almost always only buy for console if I prefer the genre on console (so basically fighting games and... Maybe third person games or platformers) or if it's an exclusive. Otherwise I get it on PC. However, once I found Deus Ex on PS2 pre-owned, waaay back. The name was vaguely familiar, so I bought it, and it was awful. Then I got it off Steam later and it was brilliant.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
A few games, yes.

Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Halo
Halo 2

Maybe one or two others.

360 or Xbox to the PC.

Museli

Nin!
Aug 12, 2009
I used to buy games twice quite a lot, to have one for console and one for PC, but now I just buy everything on PC if possible. I've also bought Dragon Age Origins new three times - got it on Xbox, didn't like it, tried it again on PS3, didn't like it, got it on Steam, loved it.

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
Nope, well not really. I have purchased a game for two consoles, but the other game is either a gift or a money loan.