Have you ever had player's remorse?

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Ryotknife said:
Then again, I loved the Demon path in Soul Nomad, and you play as the most twisted evil MFer to ever exist. Even the God of Destruction (who wants to murder every living thing) becomes shocked at the level of depravity.
I had a hard time with that playthrough.

Oh god...... Tricia....

How the hell did that game get a T rating!?

Kapri

Jul 20, 2011
Alllll the time in Skyrim. For example, you can get both Hircine's Ring and the Savior's Hide in the Hircine Daedric quest, but you have to help Shindig kill a whole bunch of hunters. After you kill them you can kill Shindig to get the Savior's Hide. I felt a little guilty after that but hot damn if that armor doesn't look badass!

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Jade Empire, the Closed Fist ending, where you destroy the Water Dragon's spirit and use her power to become a go.d

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
When I was younger, I tried being a dick (playing Sith) in KotOR. Getting berated by Carth and Bastila made me feel bad enough to end up just playing as Jedi...again.

Then, that scene with Kreia in KotOR II after you watch the man you gave money to get beat up for the paltry bit of change and Kreia berates you was fucking lifechanging. The very next day, a homeless man asked me for money, I didn't give it to him because I was so afraid he would get beat up for it.

FizzyIzze said:
The only regret I ever had that was part of the story, as opposed to an upgrade choice.

Mass Effect 2:
And then recently, that. Hearing those screams of pain creeped me out to no end. Not cool, Bioware. >.>

I'm very easily influenced to do the right thing in video games. I just don't have the heart to really play a dick in moral-based games.

SweetLiquidSnake

Jan 20, 2011
*I always play 3 play throughs in all RPG's (good, neutral, evil)*

In Mass Effect 2 the moment that really got me was in Zaeed's loyalty mission, where if you pick the wrong choice you let a bunch of people die, and honestly hearing the screams of them burning alive through the walls was intense. I never played ME1 and in ME3 I had previously made all the right choices so no one died in vain.

In Fallout 3 during my genocidal psycho playthrough, I just couldn't bring myself to kill Moira. Sure I blew up Megaton and she survived, but even when I went and wiped out Underworld I left her alive again. I also couldn't kill Sierra Petrovita, she was just so blissful with her Nuka Cola, I couldnt bear to ruin that. In Fallout NV no one was safe lol.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Assassinating the Emperor is Skyrim. I joined the Dark Brotherhood for the fun, and the achievements, and while I got that, I also killed Tamriel's biggest hope against the Thalmor, and the man I had sworn to serve in the civil war questline.

Legion's loyalty mission in Space Wizards 2: You are given the choice between violating free will at great risk to all involved, (Paragon? Somehow.) and killing a dangerous enemy as you have been doing for the entire mission, with little risk for all parties involved. (Renegade? Somehow.)
Since I was playing Paragon, I did the most evil thing possible, and overwrote the free will of sentient beings to fit my worldview, with the possibility that it wouldn't matter and just get people killed.
Seriously, they totally got the points backwards on that mission.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
SweetLiquidSnake said:
...I never played ME1 and in ME3 I had previously made all the right choices so no one died in vain.
Sorry if this is a double post, damn internet connection. OMG AT&T sucks. Anyway, I'm sure you've heard this before, but I highly, highly recommend you play Mass Effect 1 if you're curious about it at all. A lot of people hate the Mako, but I loved it, especially compared to planet scanning in ME2.

I would say the only thing I disliked about ME1 was the inventory control--there isn't any. It drove me nuts, but being able to choose who got what physical upgrade in their suits and weapons, I so missed that in the sequels. If you're a PS3 only type of player, ME1 is coming out soon on PSN I think. Also (slight spoilers):

Don't get rid of the ammo type Shredder VII (I think it goes up to seven) because there's nothing higher than that. Just about everything else goes up to 10. I also tried mixing a level X heat sink with explosive ammo on the top assault rifle and was able to fire bursts up to seven rounds at a time. Sadly, it had even less effect than I thought it would. I don't think Bioware anticipated anybody doing that.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
I'm a big softie but when ever a match ends in TF2 I can never bring myself to chasing down and killing unarmed players and when I do it by accident or kill one in a fit of bloodrage I always feel really bad about it afterwards.

OH and then in Crusader Kings 2 as a duke, I castrated a 4 year old boy (who's father rebelled against me) so I could inherit his county of Salonika when he died of old age decades later. I felt so bad that when the Emperor of Byzantium (my liege) gave him a dukedom so HE could inherit Salonika when the boy died, I felt somewhat relieved.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
AntiChri5 said:
Don't feel too bad, the ME2 storyline for Jacks was stupid. You can't fix emotional trauma by sexing someone up good enough, sorry but Shepard probably ended proving her point more then helping her (if whoever wrote the Jacks character had thought it out).

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
Smeggs said:
"AWW YEAH, I CHOSE RIGHT!"
*Thane shot in face*
Hahah, Yeah, I was weighing squad skill-set vs expandability for a while before choosing him.. I think that along with that and not realizing I had a time limit to save part of the crew, I actually re-loaded like the pansy I am.

Scorpid said:
the ME2 storyline for Jacks was stupid. You can't fix emotional trauma by sexing someone up good enough, sorry but Shepard probably ended proving her point more then helping her (if whoever wrote the Jacks character had thought it out).
To be fair it's debatable if they even had sex the way the scene plays out, with it being cut off if you have casual sex beforehand.

Though I really do think her story should have opened up without required romance. With her mental state Jack probably needed a friend more than a lover at that point.

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
Jodah said:
Any time I kill a dog in a game. Even in a shooter or something where they are trying to eat my face off. If it's a wolf, no problem, but a dog makes me feel bad.
Yes. One time I was playing Skyrim, and on one of my murderous rampages, one of the people I murdered had a dog. It attacked me, I had no choice but to kill it. I felt horrible, so I reloaded and decided to murder a different village instead.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Ryotknife said:
Modern Warfare 2, the airport mission. I felt like such a monster, I didnt even fire my weapon (except in self defense, I did not want to do this over again).

Borderlands 2. The siren fight. Even though the guy yelling at me and guilt tripping me is a complete A hole and the scum of the earth....man he really knew how to pull on my heart strings and make me feel like a bigger monster than him.

The Walking Dead.....just in general.

Then again, I loved the Demon path in Soul Nomad, and you play as the most twisted evil MFer to ever exist. Even the God of Destruction (who wants to murder every living thing) becomes shocked at the level of depravity.
I always play evil in games and get a ton of enjoyment in it too, but your right about the demon path in soul nomad! it shocked even me, I held immense respect for EVERYONE allying to try to bring you down including big bad evil monster soul eaters and if I were a villain in that game I would be right there with the heroes fighting.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
I once felt bad for leaving an ally to fight the enemy head-on while I was "sneaking" through the enemy base. It turned out alright though.

B***h Shouldn't have taken my skull.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
kman123 said:
After the pivotal point in Spec Ops: The Line everything I did was laced with regret and remorse.

And yet I kept on playing.
Knight Captain Kerr said:
Spec Ops: The Line. Also known as "I Am A Massive Bastard: The Video Game."
Ah yes, Spec Ops: The Line, the only game which I played the whole way despite being made to feel like an absolute prick. It just shows how far video game storytelling can go.

Also, any time I accidentally kill a friendly in a CoD game. I drop a grenade between my legs every time I did so.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
The whole renegade option for dealing with the Genophage in ME3 and especially what I did to Mordin had me feeling like such a slimeball that I didn't want to play the game for weeks after that.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
Scorpid said:
AntiChri5 said:
Don't feel too bad, the ME2 storyline for Jacks was stupid. You can't fix emotional trauma by sexing someone up good enough, sorry but Shepard probably ended proving her point more then helping her (if whoever wrote the Jacks character had thought it out).
You don't "fix" her, and what you do do for her emotional trauma is providing catharsis by confronting (and nuking) her issues. Having sex with her has nothing to do with healing her, since you can have sex with her without healing or helping her at all, causing her to lose respect for you.

Hell, in ME3 her development is the same regardless of whether or not you romance her.

The important thing for Jack was never the romance and definitely never the sex. Yes, the romance (finding someone she can trust and respect) matters but not as much as returning to Teltin. If you romance her, she simply shows you more of the emotional turbelence and turmoil within her.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
I felt bad in Dishonored

When I gave Lady Boyle to the guy who 'loved' her and assured me she would never be heard from again. I thought about it, and realised she is probably in a rape dungeon now.....That made me feel pretty bad.