Have you ever liked a game everyone else hated (or just said it sucked)?

Tanfastic

Aug 5, 2009
Most Sim games (Sim theme park and Sim city included.) Are all fun and relaxing.
Dragon Age 2 (I even go as far to say its better than 1.)
Banjo and Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was really good too.

sagejosh

Jun 19, 2011
i liked saints row 2 and all my friends hate that, i also like dante's inferno. a game i DIDNT like that every one seems to have a hard-on about is fallout 3

The Gray Train

Aug 8, 2010
DexterNorgam said:
Hands down, FFXIII.

So underrated. And I got hours of entertainment listening to the fanboize cry about linearity.(like its something new to FF games)

Their salty tears of "waaaaah, where did my towns and shops go!!" sustain me to this day.
HAH same here exactly! In the game your characters are fugitives on the run from the law; the last thing you want to do is go derping around the countryside. Besides, in every FF game I can remember, even though you could wander around the continent, often times there was only the town you arrived in and the place you needed to go, and you couldn't advance until you saved the prisoner/fetched the crystal/gnarfled the garthok/whatever. FF games have always been pretty linear up until you got the last or second to last transport mode, and then you could only revisit towns or hit a few special dungeons.

Also, I can't believe how little people like the combat system. It felt more dynamic and exciting than any previous version; it was strongly dependent on the skill leveling system. I found out the hard way that if you're not careful you can easily shoot yourself in the foot.

The Gray Train

Aug 8, 2010
Also, I'd like to add the Front Mission series, particularly 4. Once the game opened up all the computer skill sets, I was able to come up with some very interesting combinations...

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
I loved the ever-loving crap out of Bioshock 2, dispite a boat load of randomites putting it down. I enjoyed the big daddy role, the plasmid combos, dual-wielding, new hacking/hack tool and the story that went with it.

Tbh I couldn't see anything that others found wrong with it.

KingmanHighborn

Nov 8, 2010
I liked Shaq Fu it's only hated on because it's Shaq, the fighting controls aren't deep but they aren't stupidly overtly complex. Story is comical, but it's fun non the less. The only thing they should of done was allowed people to play through the story as characters other then Shaq. That and Super Godzilla rounds out the SNES games.

For the PS2 I like Gun, Warhammer 40K: Firewarrior, and Kessen 2.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
FFX, what?!?! I loved that game! Apparently everyone around here did too because any copies the game stores get here are sold within a few weeks -.-

But games I like that no one else seems to... hmm, where can I start...

Brink, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Borderlands (okay, that one's mostly among my circle of friends).... Actually, I don't really know what the popular opinion is for most games I play, so I'm going with what is commonly liked by the gamers I know. That being said though, Brink is probably at the top of my listed for games other people disliked that I love.

Codeman90

Apr 24, 2008
Most People think the Samurai.Dynasty Warriors series are nothing but derivitive hack and slash BS. I have beaten both Samurai Warriors games, several times, with each character. Going on a third time now. I don't even know why. I know every battle like the back of my hand, but I still keep coming back for more. I've always found that era of Japanese history to be interesting I guess.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I don't know if they hated it or if they just didn't pay any attention to it because it's a Wii game, but I am the only person at my school who played Madworld.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
yep, i absolutely love and adore Final fantasy XIII , Agarest games and Hyperdimension Neptunia.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
A lot of people seem to have hate Mirrors edge. I really like it but I can kind of see why. Yeah it had some problems, the 2d cuts scenes sucked IMO and I had it out it at full price I probably would have been a little pissed about the length but I still love it. The first person parkour takes a little getting use too but once you do its awsome. I hope they make a sequal or another game with similar gameplay.
I also see allot of hate for bioshock 2 tho I think half of that was because it is a sequal to bioshock and people had unreasonable expectations. The plot wasn?t that bad tho I think they made a mistake in using
vita chambers in the plot like that.
I actually like Lamb as the antagonist tho she wasn?t as awesome as Andrew Ryan was and the combat is much much better the fist one. I for some reason love the big sisters.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
I can only think of one, and that's Dragon Age 2.

It wasn't as good as Origins. Maybe even somewhat of an disappointment. But regardless of that, it was a good game in my opinion, and it did do some things better than it's predecessor. People seem to pan this game a lot, especially on these forums, and I can definitely see why. But personally I enjoyed it very much.

BaronOfStuff

Sep 12, 2011
I liked CoD:MW2, as far as SP and Spec-Ops went. Unique, groundbreaking and innovative? Not really. But it was still fun enough to casually shoot through.

Magus44

Aug 26, 2008
absoul11 said:
Ace Combat 5
People hated that? I'll admit I haven't read much about it, and I havent played many Ace Combats before it, but I loved it.
I played Ace Combat 6. Wasn't a fan though. Do people like 6? Oh and the Belkan war one. Didn't like it as much either.